If all those year-end lists of inspiring, fascinating, and otherwise amazing people has you feeling bad about yourself, turn instead to GQ's end-of-the-year list of 2012's least influential people, a group of "zeros" it refers to as insignificant and thoroughly uninspiring:
- Mitt Romney: "Did anyone vote enthusiastically for Mitt Romney? Of course not. Voting for Romney is like hooking up with the last single person at the bar at 4am."
- Madonna: "That cheerleading outfit isn't making you look any younger, Madge." Get out of the way, we have Ke$ha now.
- Lance Armstrong: "Every year brings new and incontrovertible evidence that Lance Armstrong is the polar opposite of the inspiring legend he was once made out to be."
- Adam Sandler: "At this point, the only reason Sandler makes movies is so that Rob Schneider can earn a living."
- Occupy Wall Street protesters: "You really showed those Wall Street bigwigs you meant business by failing to adopt proper leadership and embodying virtually every awful liberal-hippie stereotype. ... Say what you will about the Tea Party, at least it managed to get people elected."
The entire hilarious list
is worth a read. (Read more lists