"Diva demands" sometimes seem like an escalating arms race; Radar rounds up 15 of the craziest demands from both female and male celebrities. A sampling:
- Mariah Carey once reportedly demanded a "staircase assistant" before going on a British talk show. Another time, her concert rider got very specific, including a request for "eight tall, leafy plants" and a "three-seat couch" in a "plain color, no busy patterns."
- Jennifer Lopez once allegedly showed up at a BBC interview with a 90-person entourage, and demanded nine dressing rooms.
- Madonna reportedly brings her own furniture (as well as a 200-person entourage that includes a yoga instructor and an acupuncturist) along with her on tour, and insists the dressing room furniture be replaced with it.
Click for the complete list
- Kanye West once reportedly insisted all the labels be removed from the water bottles he was going to drink out of before giving a speech at a Cannes festival.
- Lady Gaga got sued by her ex-assistant in 2011, and the woman claimed Gaga insisted she sleep in the same bed ... and even change the DVD in Gaga's DVD player so the singer wouldn't have to walk across the room and do it herself.
- Katy Perry's 2011 tour rider reportedly demanded that her drivers not ever talk to her or stare at her in the rearview mirror.
- Mary J. Blige supposedly requires that dressing rooms on her tour include a toilet with a brand-new toilet seat.
, including one star who allegedly refused to walk on the grass around her dressing room because it was too long. (Read more Mariah Carey