The Stir rounds up 11 Hollywood marriages that had a less-than-innocent start—including some very long-lasting ones. A sampling:
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson: Hanks was still married to Samantha Lewes, with whom he had two kids, when he fell in love with Wilson on the set of the movie Volunteers. "Rita and I just looked at each other and—kaboing—that was that. I asked Rita if it was the real thing for her, and it just couldn't be denied," Hanks once said.
- Julia Roberts and Danny Moder: Roberts was dating Benjamin Bratt and Moder was married when they fell in love; now they're married with three kids.
- Steven Spielberg and Kate Capshaw: They had an affair on the Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom set; two years later, they allegedly got together again while Spielberg was married to Amy Irving. Eventually, Spielberg broke up with Irving and got together with Capshaw, to whom he's been married for 23 years.
- Bruce Springsteen and Patti Scialfa: Springsteen was married when he started dating Scialfa, one of his backup singers, though Springsteen and Julianne Phillips may have been separated at the time. Phillips filed for divorce soon after.
- Melanie Griffith and Antonio Banderas: They met on the set of Two Much, while Banderas was still married to another actress. Eventually Griffith and Banderas got together for 18 years, but now they've split up.
Click for the complete list
, including one woman who ran off with a celebrity as soon as she got back from her honeymoon with someone else. (Read more Tom Hanks