"Lifestyle websites" are apparently the trendy celebrity hobby du jour, and now Reese Witherspoon has her very own. She launched Draper James yesterday, People reports, a site focused on Southern style. "I started this company to honor my Southern heritage and in particular my grandparents who were, and still are, the greatest influences in my life: my grandmother, Dorothea Draper and my grandfather, William James Witherspoon," she explains on the site. "My grandparents taught me everything I know about gracious Southern living." Among those life lessons:
- "From them I learned to dress and act like a lady, to take pride in my home, to reach out to help a neighbor, and to always invite everyone in for a visit."
- "My grandmother Dorothea only drove white Cadillacs—always while wearing proper driving gloves. She didn't have a lot of dresses, but she had an incredible sense of style and knew how to make the most of any outfit by wearing the perfect accessories. Her shoes always matched her purse and she never removed her pearls or her wedding ring."
- "In the South, you can never be too kind, too gracious, or too well-dressed," she says in a video on the site.
- "Women in the South love to dress up. They love color and prints and generally love to look put together. Depending on the occasion, several days of thought can go into one outfit!"
- "Dorothea was also a wonderful hostess who always made more food than was necessary and sent people home with fresh homemade biscuits and vegetables from my grandfather's garden."
- "Speaking of my grandfather, my Grandpa James could charm anyone. He taught me that that good manners and great style go hand in hand."
- Witherspoon's favorite Southern tradition is "dressing up for church," she says in an interview on the site.
In addition to offering many, many ideas for Southern-inspired goods you can buy, the site has a section called "Southernisms
" that includes such gems as, "We don't apologize for looking pretty." (Click to compare lifestyle sites started by six other celebs