In NFL games today, New York Jets likely blew their playoff chances in a snowy loss to Seattle, while Tennessee clinched home-field advantage, AP reports:
- Seattle coach Mike Holmgren topped his former star player Brett Favre as the Jets missed several scoring chances and lost their bid to stay atop the AFC East, 13-3.
- The lowly Bills upended Denver, 30-23, as the Broncos failed to clinch a playoff berth.
- Tennessee routed the Pittsburgh Steelers 31-14 to clinch the No. 1 seed and home-field advantage for the playoffs.
- With a 42-7 loss to the New Orleans Saints, the Detroit Lions became the first team ever to go 0-15.
- The San Diego Chargers kept their playoff hopes alive after a 41-24 win against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Arizona’s Kurt Warner had one of his worst games in 11 pro seasons, and the Cardinals fell to the New England Patriots 47-7 on a snowy field.
- The Dallas Cowboys couldn’t muster a win in their final game at Texas Stadium, as the Baltimore Ravens inched closer to the playoffs with their 33-24 victory.
For more scores, click on the USA Today
(Read more NFL