Jim Carrey recently became a grandfather at 48, but he’s not the youngest celebrity grandparent by a long shot. The Daily Beast rounds up nine others:
- Whoopi Goldberg: Here’s how you become a grandmother by 34: Have a daughter at 18 who then has her own daughter at 16. Today, at 54, Goldberg has three grandchildren, all from daughter Alexandrea—and the eldest, at 20, could make Goldberg a great-grandmother any day now.
- Joe Jackson: Oldest daughter Rebbie made him a grandfather at 42 when she gave birth in 1971. Today he has 13 grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
- Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar: The stars of 19 Kids and Counting became grandparents at 43 and 44 when Kid No. 1 welcomed a daughter last year.
- Sarah Palin: Her trip to grandparenthood was perhaps the most famous. Daughter Bristol and babydaddy Levi Johnston's son Tripp made Sarah a grandma at 44.
- Pierce Brosnan: Has the distinct honor of becoming a grandfather at 44, just six years after being named People’s “Sexiest Man Alive.”
- Priscilla Presley: She met Elvis at 14 and married him at 22, so it’s no surprise that daughter Lisa Marie, born nine months after her parents wedding day, made her mom a grandmom by the age of 44.
- James Brolin: Brolin’s son and fellow actor Josh had his own son at age 20, making the elder Brolin a grandpop at 47.
- Donny Osmond: It’s hard to believe the baby-faced star is a grandfather, but he become one at 47.
- Naomi Judd: Daughter Wynonna made her a grandma at 48 when she had her first son out of wedlock.
Other celebs are still having kids of their own. Click here
for 5 famous celebrity love children.
(Read more Jim Carrey