The Business Insider recently launched its "Solve Chatroulette's Penis Problem" contest with a deadline of Monday. Their favorite entries (submitted via Power Point presentation!) so far:
- Facial recognition: No face? No connection, because he's probably showing penis.
- Rogues Gallery: Take photos of offenders' faces and post them, with removal costing cash. And voila! $3.9 million.
- Report differently: Too many users simply click "next" when they see what they don't want to, and don't report the abuse. So make them.
- Rawchatroullete.com: Some clever entrepreneur already owns this domain name, and would love it if the Chatroulette folks just sent their perverts to him.
- Admins: Recruit people to pore over information about possible offenders, including some quite invasive datamining. "A user could be flagged with details about how likely they are to be penis."
- Bang!: Allow users to bounce offenders for 5 minutes with a gun icon that "plays on the Russian Roulette aspect of the user experience." But it "should be non-violent—toy gun."
For more insights, click here
(Read more penis