Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
For The B-52s, One Last Tour
Apr 26, 2022 11:26 AM CDT
For The B-52s, One Last Tour
Group plans a series of farewell shows across the US
- The quirky dance-pop outfit The B-52s are hitting the road one last time for a final tour this summer that will roam from coast to coast. The band out of Athens, Ga., burst onto the new-wave scene in 1979 with songs like "Rock Lobster" and cracked the pop charts...
Foo Fighters: 'Let's Take
This Time to Grieve'
Mar 29, 2022 5:49 PM CDT
Foo Fighters: 'Let's Take This Time to Grieve'
Band has called off remaining tour dates after death of drummer Taylor Hawkins
- The Foo Fighters have decided to cancel their upcoming tour dates instead of trying to replace one of rock's most charismatic drummers at the last minute. Taylor Hawkins, 50, was found dead in a hotel room in Bogota, Colombia on Friday, shortly before the band was due to perform...
Rolling Stones Are Touring
for Band's 60th Anniversary
Mar 15, 2022 6:40 PM CDT
Rolling Stones Are Touring for Band's 60th Anniversary
'SIXTY' tour will take in 10 European countries
- When the Rolling Stones launched their "Steel Wheels" tour in 1989, critics nicknamed it the "Steel Wheelchairs" tour because of the supposedly advanced age of the British rockers. But as we now know, they weren't even in the second half of their career at the time. The...
Coldplay's Chris Martin: No
More Albums After 2025
Dec 23, 2021 8:11 AM CST
Coldplay's Chris Martin: No More Albums After 2025
Frontman puts a date to their final studio recordings, though he hopes band will continue to tour indefinitely
- Yellow is about to fade to black for Coldplay's discography, though it will be a few years till lights out. Chris Martin sat down with DJ Jo Whiley for an interview set to air Thursday, and BBC Radio 2 played a teaser from that chat on Wednesday, with...
Death-Metal Band's Name
Has Unfortunate Timing
in case you missed it
Dec 12, 2021 8:45 AM CST
Death-Metal Band's Name Has Unfortunate Timing
Belgian group Omicron says it's named after a constellation, not the latest coronavirus variant
- Even bad publicity is supposedly good publicity, but whoever coined that phrase likely wasn't part of a death-metal band that shared its name with a coronavirus variant. Such a band formed two years ago, before COVID had overtaken the globe, and now the little-known Belgian group Omicron (which has...
ZZ Top's Bassist
of 51 Years Dies
Jul 28, 2021 3:37 PM CDT
ZZ Top's Bassist of 51 Years Dies
'You will be missed greatly, amigo,' surviving members say of Dusty Hill
- The death of bearded bassist Dusty Hill has broken up one of the longest-running unchanged lineups in rock history. The 72-year-old ZZ Top member, who had been with the Texas trio for 51 years, passed away in his sleep at his Houston home Wednesday, surviving members Billy Gibbons and Frank...
To 'Speak Freely,'
He Had to Quit
Mumford & Sons
Jun 24, 2021 11:52 AM CDT
To 'Speak Freely,' He Had to Quit Mumford & Sons
Winston Marshall moving on to new projects after social media uproar
- Winston Marshall, a founding member of folk-rock group Mumford & Sons, announced Thursday that he is leaving the band so that he can "speak freely" about political issues, per the AP . Marshall took a break from the band in March after sparking a social media storm by tweeting admiration...
'With Deep Frustration,'
Pearl Jam Postpones Tour
Mar 10, 2020 1:09 AM CDT
'With Deep Frustration,' Pearl Jam Postpones Tour
'The levels of risk to our audience and their communities is simply too high'
- Pearl Jam is postponing the North American leg of its Gigaton world tour because of concerns over the new coronavirus, the band announced Monday. Seventeen US and Canadian performances, beginning on March 18 in Toronto through April 19 in Oakland, Calif., are indefinitely postponed, according to the band's website...
Drummer Sues Band
Jan 22, 2020 3:00 AM CST
'Excluded' Aerosmith Drummer Sues Band
Founding member files lawsuit ahead of Grammys
- Aerosmith drummer Joey Kramer says he has been shabbily treated by fellow members of the band he helped found 50 years ago. They say he is like a brother to them—but he has been "emotionally and physically" unable to play with them. In a lawsuit filed Friday, Kramer...
Iconic '60s Supergroup
Oct 6, 2019 7:47 AM CDT
Iconic '60s Supergroup Drummer Dead
Ginger Baker, Cream's volatile drummer, dies at age 80
- Ginger Baker, the volatile and propulsive British musician best known for his time with the power trio Cream, died Sunday at age 80, reports the AP . Baker wielded his blues power and jazz technique to help break open popular music and become one of the world's most admired and...
Jan 5, 2019 3:46 PM CST
April Wine Frontman Gets 'Unbelievable' Message
His beloved Gibson guitar wasn't actually destroyed
- Myles Goodwyn loved that guitar—and then it was gone, for 46 years. The former April Wine frontman says he played his Gibson Melody Maker on songs like "You Could Have Been a Lady" and "Bad Side of the Moon" with the Canadian band in the early 1970s,...
Phone Call Got Me Fired
Dec 9, 2018 4:36 PM CST
Buckingham: 'Screaming' Phone Call Got Me Fired
Ex-Fleetwood Mac guitarist says it's finally over and done
- Lindsey Buckingham's exit from Fleetwood Mac is official—legally speaking—and he sounds like a man who's getting close to acceptance: "I'm happy enough with it," the guitarist tells CBS News , saying the band has settled their lawsuit. "I'm not out there trying...
Metal Band Had Army
of Fake Fans
in case you missed it
Nov 17, 2018 10:00 AM CST
Metal Band Had Army of Fake Fans
'The entire history of Threatin is a lie,' opening band says of group on UK tour
- The musician known as Jered Threatin definitely gets points for ambition and creativity. But that likely isn't endearing him, nor his heavy metal band Threatin, to venue managers in the UK, where the California group kicked off a tour promising loads of headbangers and delivering—well, in the case...
Korn Frontman's Wife Dies
the Day He Issues Court Order
Aug 18, 2018 2:40 PM CDT
Korn Frontman's Wife Dies the Day He Issues Court Order
Deven Davis was 39
- The wife of Korn lead singer Jonathan Davis died Friday—the same day Davis issued a domestic violence restraining order against her,
reports. "The Davis family is brokenhearted over the devastating loss of Deven Davis," says the family in a statement. "We ask that you respect...
Jefferson Airplane Co-Founder:
Botched Surgery Killed Career
Aug 18, 2018 6:00 AM CDT
Jefferson Airplane Co-Founder: Botched Surgery Killed Career
Marty Balin sues operators of Mount Sinai Beth Israel hospital
- A co-founder of Jefferson Airplane is accusing a New York City hospital of destroying his musical career with a botched tracheotomy after heart surgery in 2016. A lawsuit filed by Marty Balin against the operators of Mount Sinai Beth Israel hospital alleges the singer and guitarist lost part of his...
'I'm Away Now. Thanks.' Body
Found in Search for Singer
May 11, 2018 6:08 AM CDT
'I'm Away Now. Thanks.' Body Found in Search for Singer
Scott Hutchison of Frightened Rabbit left his hotel at 1am Wednesday
- Police searching for the missing singer of Scottish rock band Frightened Rabbit said Friday that they have found a body at a marina in South Queensferry. Scott Hutchison was reported missing Wednesday after leaving a hotel in the same town, which is located near Edinburgh, at 1am that day. The...
Moody Blues Member Dies
Just Before Rock Hall Induction
Jan 8, 2018 12:03 AM CST
Moody Blues Member Dies Just Before Rock Hall Induction
Ray Thomas played iconic flute solo on 'Knights in White Satin'
- Ray Thomas, a founding member of British rock group The Moody Blues, has died at 76, just months before the band is due to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. His music label, Esoteric Recordings/Cherry Red Records, said Thomas died suddenly Thursday at his home in...
Malcolm Young of AC/DC
Dies After Dementia Battle
Nov 18, 2017 8:45 AM CST
Malcolm Young of AC/DC Dies After Dementia Battle
Band co-founder/guitarist was 64
- "Malcolm, job well done." So ends a Facebook post from Australian rock behemoth AC/DC announcing the death of band co-founder/guitarist Malcolm Young. He was 64 and reportedly died with his family at his bedside.
reports Young's three-year battle with dementia had led him to step...
Rocker J. Geils Dead at 71
Apr 12, 2017 5:11 AM CDT
Rocker J. Geils Dead at 71
His band put out hits such as 'Love Stinks' and 'Centerfold'
- Musician John Warren Geils Jr., founder of The J. Geils Band known for such hits as " Love Stinks ," '' Freeze Frame ," and " Centerfold ," has died in his Massachusetts home at 71. Police in Groton, Mass., say officers responded to Geils' home around 4pm Tuesday...
Dead at 69
Dec 8, 2016 9:48 AM CST
ELP Rocker Greg Lake Dead at 69
He lost 'a long and stubborn battle with cancer'
- Greg Lake of 1970s rock band Emerson, Lake and Palmer, died Wednesday after "a long and stubborn battle with cancer," his manager says. He was 69. A progressive rock pioneer, the British vocalist and guitarist first formed King Crimson with Robert Fripp and Mike Giles in the 1960s,...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Tom Brady, Gisele Bundchen Hire Divorce Attorneys
Brad Pitt Fires Back at Angelina Jolie
Family 'Destroyed' After Tragedy During College Parents Weekend
Herschel Walker's Abortion Story Was No Secret
It's Canned Water. And It's Nearly a Unicorn
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.