Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
'80s Power Ballad
Bands Are Going
On Tour Together
Dec 8, 2023 1:36 PM CST
'80s Power Ballad Bands Are Going On Tour Together
Def Leppard, Journey will be joined next summer by Heart, Cheap Trick, Steve Miller Band
- The '80s seem so far away now—for context, Def Leppard's
, the latter of which featured the song "Faithfully," both came out 40 years ago. If you're ready to relive those power ballad days, there's some good news from...
We Now Know Who
Guy on This Zeppelin
Album Cover Is
Nov 10, 2023 11:39 AM CST
We Now Know Who Guy on This Zeppelin Album Cover Is
Meet Lot Long, a 19th-century UK thatcher whose photo inspired the front of 'Led Zeppelin IV'
- If you ever felt sorry for the poor branch-carrying dude on the cover of the
Led Zeppelin IV
album but took comfort in thinking it was simply a painting of a fictional character, get ready to feel a little uncomfortable. Turns out the "Stick Man" was a real person,...
The Killers Invited
a Fan Onstage,
Aug 16, 2023 9:35 AM CDT
The Killers Invited a Fan Onstage, Also Invited Controversy
Frontman Brandon Flowers asked Russian fan to play drums at concert in nation of Georgia, to boos
- What one band's frontman may have thought was a well-meaning metaphorical embrace of all the people of the world didn't go over well in one former Soviet state. The Killers are now offering a mea culpa after lead singer Brandon Flowers invited a Russian fan who happened to...
The Eagles Are
Finally Checking Out
Jul 7, 2023 7:33 AM CDT
The Eagles Are Finally Checking Out
Band is saying a 'Long Goodbye' to touring
- Some 52 years after the band was founded—and seven years after the death of co-frontman Glenn Frey —the Eagles are getting ready for what they say will be their "swan song"—a long farewell tour. The tour, appropriately titled the "Long Goodbye," will kick...
Foo Fighters Have
a New Drummer
May 22, 2023 11:55 AM CDT
Foo Fighters Have a New Drummer
Josh Freese will replace the late, beloved Taylor Hawkins
- More than a year after Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins died in a Bogota hotel while on tour at the age of 50, the band has finally found a worthy replacement. As Pitchfork reports, he's session drummer Josh Freese, whose dizzying credits include gigs with the Offspring, Rob Zombie,...
Over Trans Kids
May 1, 2023 10:15 AM CDT
Paul Stanley Causes Ruckus Over Trans Kids
Kiss rocker is worried about a 'lifestyle that confuses young children'
- Kiss rocker Paul Stanley was met with both backlash and agreement after posting a statement on social media regarding gender reassignment for children, per TMZ . On Sunday, the 71-year-old tweeted a statement titled "My Thoughts on What I'm Seeing." In it, he indicated that he feels "...
'Think It's About Time'
May 1, 2023 8:01 AM CDT
Aerosmith's Big Announcement: 'Think It's About Time'
Band to embark on its final tour, a 40-date run from Sept. 2 through Jan. 26
- Aerosmith will be touring a city near you for the last time to celebrate the rock band's 50-plus years together. The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame band announced Monday the dates for their farewell tour called Peace Out, starting Sept. 2 in Philadelphia. The 40-date run of shows,...
Remember '90s Band Live?
Things Took a Nasty Turn
Mar 5, 2023 3:35 PM CST
Remember '90s Band Live? Things Took a Nasty Turn
'Rolling Stone' explores the group's breakup
- Fans of the '90s band Live can catch them performing these days, but typically at smaller venues in smaller markets, writes Andy Greene at
. Lead singer Ed Kowalczyk still fronts the group, though guitarist Chad Taylor, bassist Patrick Dahlheimer, and drummer Chad Gracey were fired by Kowalczyk...
Seattle Band, Team Disagree
on Reason for Cancellations
Feb 1, 2023 4:51 PM CST
Seattle Band, Team Disagree on Reason for Cancellations
Musicians say it was the lyrics knocking Bezos, while Kraken blames drinking
- A Seattle band says singing about Jeff Bezos being "a total jerk" ended the group's three-game residency early at the city's NHL arena, for which Amazon owns the naming rights. The Kraken suggested the group's drinking and unprofessional behavior were the problem, the
For The B-52s, One Last Tour
Apr 26, 2022 11:26 AM CDT
For The B-52s, One Last Tour
Group plans a series of farewell shows across the US
- The quirky dance-pop outfit The B-52s are hitting the road one last time for a final tour this summer that will roam from coast to coast. The band out of Athens, Ga., burst onto the new-wave scene in 1979 with songs like "Rock Lobster" and cracked the pop charts...
Foo Fighters: 'Let's Take
This Time to Grieve'
Mar 29, 2022 5:49 PM CDT
Foo Fighters: 'Let's Take This Time to Grieve'
Band has called off remaining tour dates after death of drummer Taylor Hawkins
- The Foo Fighters have decided to cancel their upcoming tour dates instead of trying to replace one of rock's most charismatic drummers at the last minute. Taylor Hawkins, 50, was found dead in a hotel room in Bogota, Colombia on Friday, shortly before the band was due to perform...
Rolling Stones Are Touring
for Band's 60th Anniversary
Mar 15, 2022 6:40 PM CDT
Rolling Stones Are Touring for Band's 60th Anniversary
'SIXTY' tour will take in 10 European countries
- When the Rolling Stones launched their "Steel Wheels" tour in 1989, critics nicknamed it the "Steel Wheelchairs" tour because of the supposedly advanced age of the British rockers. But as we now know, they weren't even in the second half of their career at the time. The...
Coldplay's Chris Martin: No
More Albums After 2025
Dec 23, 2021 8:11 AM CST
Coldplay's Chris Martin: No More Albums After 2025
Frontman puts a date to their final studio recordings, though he hopes band will continue to tour indefinitely
- Yellow is about to fade to black for Coldplay's discography, though it will be a few years till lights out. Chris Martin sat down with DJ Jo Whiley for an interview set to air Thursday, and BBC Radio 2 played a teaser from that chat on Wednesday, with...
Death-Metal Band's Name
Has Unfortunate Timing
in case you missed it
Dec 12, 2021 8:45 AM CST
Death-Metal Band's Name Has Unfortunate Timing
Belgian group Omicron says it's named after a constellation, not the latest coronavirus variant
- Even bad publicity is supposedly good publicity, but whoever coined that phrase likely wasn't part of a death-metal band that shared its name with a coronavirus variant. Such a band formed two years ago, before COVID had overtaken the globe, and now the little-known Belgian group Omicron (which has...
ZZ Top's Bassist
of 51 Years Dies
Jul 28, 2021 3:37 PM CDT
ZZ Top's Bassist of 51 Years Dies
'You will be missed greatly, amigo,' surviving members say of Dusty Hill
- The death of bearded bassist Dusty Hill has broken up one of the longest-running unchanged lineups in rock history. The 72-year-old ZZ Top member, who had been with the Texas trio for 51 years, passed away in his sleep at his Houston home Wednesday, surviving members Billy Gibbons and Frank...
To 'Speak Freely,'
He Had to Quit
Mumford & Sons
Jun 24, 2021 11:52 AM CDT
To 'Speak Freely,' He Had to Quit Mumford & Sons
Winston Marshall moving on to new projects after social media uproar
- Winston Marshall, a founding member of folk-rock group Mumford & Sons, announced Thursday that he is leaving the band so that he can "speak freely" about political issues, per the AP . Marshall took a break from the band in March after sparking a social media storm by tweeting admiration...
'With Deep Frustration,'
Pearl Jam Postpones Tour
Mar 10, 2020 1:09 AM CDT
'With Deep Frustration,' Pearl Jam Postpones Tour
'The levels of risk to our audience and their communities is simply too high'
- Pearl Jam is postponing the North American leg of its Gigaton world tour because of concerns over the new coronavirus, the band announced Monday. Seventeen US and Canadian performances, beginning on March 18 in Toronto through April 19 in Oakland, Calif., are indefinitely postponed, according to the band's website...
Drummer Sues Band
Jan 22, 2020 3:00 AM CST
'Excluded' Aerosmith Drummer Sues Band
Founding member files lawsuit ahead of Grammys
- Aerosmith drummer Joey Kramer says he has been shabbily treated by fellow members of the band he helped found 50 years ago. They say he is like a brother to them—but he has been "emotionally and physically" unable to play with them. In a lawsuit filed Friday, Kramer...
Iconic '60s Supergroup
Oct 6, 2019 7:47 AM CDT
Iconic '60s Supergroup Drummer Dead
Ginger Baker, Cream's volatile drummer, dies at age 80
- Ginger Baker, the volatile and propulsive British musician best known for his time with the power trio Cream, died Sunday at age 80, reports the AP . Baker wielded his blues power and jazz technique to help break open popular music and become one of the world's most admired and...
Jan 5, 2019 3:46 PM CST
April Wine Frontman Gets 'Unbelievable' Message
His beloved Gibson guitar wasn't actually destroyed
- Myles Goodwyn loved that guitar—and then it was gone, for 46 years. The former April Wine frontman says he played his Gibson Melody Maker on songs like "You Could Have Been a Lady" and "Bad Side of the Moon" with the Canadian band in the early 1970s,...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Celebs' Jilted Exes Are Now Dating Each Other
Elon Musk Lashes Out at Disney CEO Bob Iger
Deputy Killed in Police Chase of Senator's Son
Trump Sets in Motion Fight That May Go to Supreme Court
New Army Sniper Is a First
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.