Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Man Says He's
Banned From Leaving
Israel for 8K Years
Dec 28, 2021 4:41 PM CST
Man Says He's Banned From Leaving Israel for 8K Years
He says court ordered him to pay more than $2M child support in advance
- Noam Huppert says that thanks to a quirk in Israeli divorce law, he has been banned from leaving the country for almost 8,000 years. The 44-year-old Australian citizen tells news.com.au that his former spouse moved to Israel in 2011, when one of their children was three months...
Divorce Settlement Is Largest
UK Courts Have Ever Seen
Dec 21, 2021 7:11 AM CST
Divorce Settlement Is Largest UK Courts Have Ever Seen
Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, ruler of Dubai, must pay Princess Haya, kids $737M
- The ruler of Dubai has just been told to pony up some big bucks to his ex, in what Bloomberg reports is "the largest financial award the UK family courts have ever seen." In total, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who's also the prime minister of...
Ben Affleck Does Damage
Control After Garner Comments
Dec 16, 2021 11:00 AM CST
Ben Affleck Does Damage Control After Garner Comments
'I would never want my kids to think I would ever say a bad word about their mom'
Ben Affleck is walking back comments he made about his former marriage to Jennifer Garner. "I would never want my kids to think I would ever say a bad word about their mom," he told Jimmy Kimmel Wednesday night, per
. Among other things Affleck suggested earlier...
Bitter Divorce Results
in Epic Art Auction
Sep 10, 2021 2:08 PM CDT
Bitter Divorce Results in Epic Art Auction
Sotheby's estimates the Macklowe collection could fetch $600M
- You can't put a price on love. But you
put a price on the art collection that must be sold when love goes bust. In this case, Sotheby's figures $600 million. That staggering figure is the highest estimate for any collection that has ever come to auction,...
Man Charged With Shooting
Ex-Wife While 4 Kids Slept
Jun 30, 2021 8:14 AM CDT
Man Charged With Shooting Ex-Wife While 4 Kids Slept
Texas' Aaron Wright denies involvement in shooting hours before custody hearing
- A Texas man scheduled to attend a child-custody hearing within hours allegedly broke into his ex-wife's home and shot her four times Monday while their four children slept inside. Aaron Wright appeared Tuesday before a judge in Harris County, who described an elaborate plan that allegedly began with Wright...
China's Divorce Numbers Were
Rising. Then Came a New Rule
May 19, 2021 12:41 PM CDT
China's Divorce Numbers Were Rising. Then Came a New Rule
Divorces fell 70% after nation mandates 'cooling off' period of 30 days
- "Don't go to bed mad" has been standard (if not disputed) advice offered to married couples for ages. In China, the government doesn't care if you go to bed mad or not—but you can't call it quits until you've first lived through a "...
Report: Gates Split Began in
2019 Over Bill's Epstein Ties
May 10, 2021 7:11 AM CDT
Report: Gates Split Began in 2019 Over Bill's Epstein Ties
Per 'WSJ,' Melinda Gates wasn't keen on her husband's relationship with convicted sex offender
- When Bill and Melinda Gates announced last week they were ending their marriage, they didn't offer a reason for the split. But per a new report from the
Wall Street Journal
, Melinda Gates had met with attorneys from multiple law firms and started ending their "irretrievably broken" union...
Bill and Melinda Gates'
Divorce Hits China Hard
May 5, 2021 8:28 AM CDT
Bill and Melinda Gates' Divorce Hits China Hard
It was big news on Weibo
- If you were rattled by the news of Bill and Melinda Gates' divorce, your reaction may have paled in comparison to those experienced in China. Or so CNN makes the case in a look at how that country has reacted to the news involving a man who "has achieved...
Melinda, Bill Gates Divorce:
She Won't Seek Spousal Support
May 4, 2021 6:41 AM CDT
Melinda, Bill Gates Divorce: She Won't Seek Spousal Support
Gates' divorce is big news in the charitable sector
- When Bill and Melinda Gates' divorce is finalized, she won't be getting any spousal support.
obtained a copy of Melinda Gates' divorce petition, which specifies that "spousal support is not needed" and she won't be seeking it. It also reveals that while the couple does not...
It's Splitsville for
Bill, Melinda Gates
May 3, 2021 4:58 PM CDT
It's Splitsville for Bill, Melinda Gates
'We no longer believe we can grow together as a couple in the next phase of our lives'
- Bill and Melinda Gates are calling it quits after 27 years of marriage. "After a great deal of thought and a lot of work on our relationship, we have made the decision to end our marriage," they said in a statement Bill Gates tweeted Monday. The former Microsoft...
4 Times, Divorces
3 Times, in 37 Days
Apr 23, 2021 8:48 AM CDT
Couple Weds 4 Times, Divorces 3 Times, in 37 Days
Taiwan newlyweds accused of trying to milk nation's policy for paid marriage leave
- A couple in Taiwan stayed quite busy during the early days of the pandemic, getting married four times and filing for three divorces between April 6 and May 12 of last year. The reason, according to public records from the groom's employer, a Taipei bank: The newlyweds were trying...
Jolie Says She Has 'Proof' Pitt
Committed Domestic Violence
Mar 18, 2021 10:14 AM CDT
Jolie Says She Has 'Proof' Pitt Committed Domestic Violence
She and the kids are willing to testify, per court documents
- Angelina Jolie says she and her children are ready to offer "proof and authority in support" of her claim that Brad Pitt committed domestic violence. Jolie has agreed to provide her own testimony, as well as the "testimony of minor children," according to leaked court documents filed...
Landmark Ruling in China
Puts Price on Wife's Housework
Feb 24, 2021 8:20 AM CST
Landmark Ruling in China Puts Price on Wife's Housework
And it's not worth much
- The outcome of a divorce case in China has sparked a conversation about the value of women's household labor. CNBC reports a Beijing divorce court has ruled that a wife should be compensated for her 5 years of housework, to the tune of 50,000 yuan. In dollars, that...
Jan 28, 2021 2:00 AM CST
Tim Robbins Splitting From 'Secret' Wife
Well, someone must've known he was wed to Gratiela Brancusi, but not us
- TMZ is reporting on a surprise celebrity divorce—not necessarily surprising for the divorce part, but definitely for the marriage part. Per the outlet, actor Tim Robbins, 62, filed paperwork this week in Los Angeles to split from Gratiela Brancusi, estimated to be in her late 20s , whom he'...
Law Firm Offers
Valentine's Day Gift
Jan 18, 2021 11:52 AM CST
Law Firm Offers Most Unusual Valentine's Day Gift
You'll get a free divorce if Powers Law chooses you as the 'winner'
- It may seem too early to start thinking about Valentine's Day, but if you're considering a divorce and looking to save some cash, this might be just the time. CNN reports on a decidedly unromantic offering in honor of the upcoming Feb. 14: a free divorce, courtesy of...
My Ex, His Dad
Dec 11, 2020 9:15 AM CST
Kelly Clarkson: My Ex, His Dad Defrauded Me
She alleges Brandon, Narvel Blackstock charged her outrageous fees, managed her illegally
- A few months ago, Kelly Clarkson said her life had turned into "a little bit of a dumpster" after she and husband Brandon Blackstock called it quits. Now, more fuel for that dumpster fire. TMZ reports the 38-year-old
star has "declared war" on Blackstock,...
Kelly Clarkson on Life
After Split: 'a Dumpster'
Sep 14, 2020 7:11 AM CDT
Kelly Clarkson on Life After Split: 'a Dumpster'
Singer says we'll hear all about it on her next album
- Three months after word of her split from husband Brandon Blackstock, Kelly Clarkson is speaking out on what she's gone through so far. In an interview with
on Sunday, the 38-year-old
winner and talk show host admitted that it hasn't been easy since she and...
Spousal Support Request by
Dr. Dre's Wife Is 'Staggering'
Sep 4, 2020 6:33 AM CDT
Spousal Support Request by Dr. Dre's Wife Is 'Staggering'
Rapper-producer will put up a fight: sources
- Dr. Dre's wife of 24 years is demanding a whole lot of dough as part of divorce proceedings. Nicole Young, who filed for divorce in late June, is requesting $1,936,399 per month in temporary spousal support—an amount that's "staggering, even for the uber-wealthy,"...
Kanye Says He Wants Divorce,
Kim Pleads for 'Empathy'
Jul 22, 2020 11:35 AM CDT
Kanye Says He Wants Divorce, Kim Pleads for 'Empathy'
Kardashian refers to husband's bipolar disorder after odd tweets
- Kanye West told the crowd at his Sunday rally that his wife almost had an abortion, then suggested the comment would cause her to divorce him . But on Wednesday, it was West who said he was trying to divorce Kim Kardashian. In deleted tweets (see screenshots here ), West wrote...
Depp: My Ex Wrote Email
as 'an Insurance Policy'
Jul 8, 2020 6:37 PM CDT
Depp: My Ex Wrote Email as 'an Insurance Policy'
Amber Heard wrote during their marriage that Depp 'is like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde'
- Johnny Depp denied an allegation by ex-wife Amber Heard that he is a "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" monster who turned violent when he drank and took drugs, though he acknowledged in a London court on Wednesday that he may have done things he can't remember while he...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
After 24-Hour Treatment, Frogs Started Regrowing Lost Limbs
Buffalo Bills Have Fans Arrested Over Their Vaccine Cards
After Bridge Collapses, a Human Chain Forms
Retrieval of Sunken F35 Is 'Vitally Important' for US
Michael Madsen: Son's Death Is 'Mind-Blowing'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.