Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
FBI Joins Texas Search
for Missing 3-Year-Old
Dec 28, 2021 12:30 PM CST
FBI Joins Texas Search for Missing 3-Year-Old
There's now a $150K reward for Lina Khil, last seen on a San Antonio playground on Dec. 20
The search for a 3-year-old girl who went missing from a Texas playground is intensifying.
reports there's now a $150,000 reward in the case of Lina Khil, thanks to offerings from both the local Crime Stoppers and the Islamic Center of San Antonio. Lina vanished...
Man Going to Prison for Post
About COVID, Grocery Stores
Oct 6, 2021 12:55 PM CDT
Man Going to Prison for Post About COVID, Grocery Stores
He falsely said an infected person was licking groceries
- A Texas man who posted a COVID-19 hoax on social media in the weeks after the pandemic was declared will spend the next 15 months in federal prison. FBI agents in San Antonio launched an investigation in April 2020 after authorities were sent a screenshot of a Facebook post in...
Trump Wax Figure Shelved
After Too Many Punches
Mar 19, 2021 11:41 AM CDT
Trump Wax Figure Shelved After Too Many Punches
Former President Obama's figure suffered similar abuse
- You will no longer find former President Trump's wax figure at a museum in San Antonio, Texas. As the
San Antonio Express-News
reports, the statue was removed from public view at Louis Tussaud's Waxworks because people kept punching it. It "sustained multiple beatings" to the point that...
Migrants' 911 Calls Spur Search
for Truck: 'We Are Dying'
Feb 11, 2021 9:06 AM CST
Migrants' 911 Calls Spur Search for Truck: 'We Are Dying'
Local authorities in San Antonio, DHS desperately seeking white tanker that may have 80 trapped
- Authorities from the San Antonio Police Department, Bexar County Sheriff's Office, Texas Department of Public Safety, and even the Department of Homeland Security have embarked on a desperate search for a tanker truck that may be crammed with dozens of trapped migrants in a human smuggling operation. Sheriff Javier...
Here Are the
US Cities Hardest
Oct 26, 2020 11:20 AM CDT
Here Are the US Cities Hardest Hit Financially by COVID
Half of America's top 10 are located in one state
- With more than 225,000 dead and 8.6 million cases of COVID-19 in the US, the health consequences of the virus are obvious. But the financial repercussions have also been devastating, and some areas are suffering more than others. WalletHub looked at the biggest US cities across nine metrics...
Texas AG Says Controversial
Chick-fil-A Decision Reversed
Sep 14, 2020 6:33 AM CDT
Texas AG Says Controversial Chick-fil-A Decision Reversed
However, San Antonio does not appear to agree
- A year and a half after it was denied a lease at the San Antonio International Airport, Chick-fil-A is apparently being offered one. As Fox News reports, the March 2019 denial, which came from the city council , was reportedly due to what it called the fast food chain's "...
Judge Says Lowe's Customer
Smacked Him Over Mask Rule
Jun 26, 2020 8:19 AM CDT
Judge Says Lowe's Customer Smacked Him Over Mask Rule
Texas judge intervened after hearing man berate worker who told him he needed a mask
- A San Antonio man who berated a Lowe's worker after being told he was supposed to wear a mask was spoken to by another customer—the judge who issued the order requiring masks. But after Bexar County Judge Nelson Wolff tried to give the man his business card so...
A Rejection, Then Gunfire:
'Don't You Know Who I Am?'
Jun 13, 2020 6:30 AM CDT
A Rejection, Then Gunfire: 'Don't You Know Who I Am?'
8 hurt outside San Antonio bar Friday night
- A man apparently upset that a Texas bar wouldn't let him in opened fire Friday night, wounding eight people, cops say. KSAT reports there were no fatalities from the incident at San Antonio's Rebar, where around 11:30pm, the suspect and the group he was with were turned...
3 Bodies Found During
Dec 16, 2019 3:15 AM CST
3 Bodies Found During Alamo Renovations
Excavation work has been halted
- Archaeologists have discovered three apparently long-forgotten bodies during a pre-renovation exploration of the Alamo, authorities say. Excavation work was halted and a tribal monitor was notified after the human remains were found in the Monks Burial Room and nave of the Alamo Church, NBC reports. "The remains encountered appear...
An Early Holiday
Bonus for This
Nov 6, 2019 2:02 PM CST
An Early Holiday Bonus for This Worker: Early Retirement
Boss Rudy Quinones paid off Albert Brigas' mortgage so he could go spend time with family
- Albert Brigas, a 69-year-old Vietnam vet from Texas, has been working for Renown Auto Restoration in San Antonio for 13 years, and he had his eye on retiring sometime in 2020, after plunking down the final mortgage payment on the house he's lived in for nearly a quarter century....
Cops: Man Threatened
Mayor 14 Times in 2 Days
Oct 14, 2019 2:32 AM CDT
Cops: Man Threatened Mayor 14 Times in 2 Days
Aides feared San Antonio man could be 'next mass shooter'
- A San Antonio man left messages on Mayor Ron Nirenberg's Facebook page so alarming that an aide warned police the man could be "the next mass shooter." Police say Adam Converse, 25, left at least 14 messages on the mayor's page on Oct. 4 and Oct....
Cops: 7-Year-Old Girl
Escapes Kidnapper's Vehicle
Aug 15, 2019 1:10 PM CDT
Cops: 7-Year-Old Girl Escapes Kidnapper's Vehicle
San Antonio man charged with grabbing girl, throwing her in his SUV
- A 7-year-old girl was taking her dog out around 8:15pm on Aug. 8 outside her San Antonio apartment when a red SUV reversed toward her and stopped and a man got out, grabbed her, and threw her inside. As he waited for the gate to open so he could...
He Tweeted Names of
Trump Donors, to Outrage
Aug 7, 2019 10:45 AM CDT
He Tweeted Names of Trump Donors, to Outrage
Republicans admonish Joaquin Castro
- It's only Wednesday, and it's already been quite the week for political Twitter brouhahas . On Monday evening Joaquin Castro—brother of presidential hopeful Julian Castro and a Texas representative himself— tweeted a list of 44 San Antonians who, per publicly available records, have given the maximum donation to...
We've Nabbed the
'Blue Bell Licker'
Jul 6, 2019 8:00 AM CDT
Texas Police: We've Nabbed the 'Blue Bell Licker'
Suspect accused of licking container of ice cream in Lufkin Walmart is a juvenile, cops say
- Police have a suspect in what they say was a literally juvenile prank in Texas. A video that went viral on social media last week showed a young lady taking a container of Blue Bell ice cream out of the freezer in a Lufkin Walmart, licking the top of the...
Joins the Fray
Jan 12, 2019 2:00 PM CST
Another Dem Joins the Fray
Julian Castro announces his candidacy in San Antonio
- Julian Castro may already be behind in the polls, but no matter—he's boldly running for president. The former mayor of San Antonio and HUD secretary under President Obama officially announced his candidacy Saturday, framing it in the context of immigration: "When my grandmother got here [from Mexico]...
Cops: Family Staged Baby's
Kidnapping for Grim Reason
Jan 11, 2019 9:27 AM CST
Cops: Family Staged Baby's Kidnapping for Grim Reason
Police think 8-month-old King Jay Davila of Texas is probably dead
- A Texas man and his mother have been charged with evidence tampering, but cops think the true crime is worse: that something terrible happened to the man's 8-month-old son, and that he had something to do with it. "Statements from multiple witnesses unfortunately lead us to believe that...
Man Admits Stealing Shark,
Insists It 'Needed Help'
Aug 2, 2018 12:09 PM CDT
Man Admits Stealing Shark, Insists It 'Needed Help'
Anthony Shannon previously 'inspected' aquarium under guise
- Anthony Shannon says he knows it was "wrong" to steal an aquarium's shark, carted off in a baby stroller over the weekend, but the 38-year-old insists it was "an emergency." In an interview with KENS-TV , the self-described marine activist who keeps five sharks and dozens of...
They Fled the Aquarium With a
Stroller. There Was No Baby
Jul 31, 2018 9:45 AM CDT
They Fled the Aquarium With a Stroller. There Was No Baby
Man charged with theft of horn shark in San Antonio; 2 others expected to be charged
- A juvenile horn shark is back in its tank at the San Antonio Aquarium after three people whisked it away in a baby stroller. "When we first got the call, we thought it was kind of a hoax being that it was Shark Week last week," Leon Valley...
Guy Grabs Teen's MAGA Hat,
Throws Drink in His Face
Jul 5, 2018 11:10 AM CDT
Guy Grabs Teen's MAGA Hat, Throws Drink in His Face
Video of the incident has gone viral
- A group of teens was eating at a Whataburger in San Antonio, Texas, on Tuesday when a "patriotic hat" got them some unwelcome attention. The hat in question appears, in a video posted by the mom of one of the teens, to be a red "Make America Great...
Toys 'R' Us' Geoffrey
Offered a New Gig
Jul 4, 2018 11:03 AM CDT
Toys 'R' Us' Geoffrey Offered a New Gig
San Antonio Zoo trying to convince toy chain to donate mascot to further giraffe conservation
- With the closing of all US Toys 'R' Us stores, mascot Geoffrey is headed for the unemployment line. But not so fast: The San Antonio Zoo wants the defunct toy chain to shift its famous giraffe to a new gig, that of conservation ambassador for, well, giraffes. As CNN...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Secrets of Playboy 's Hugh Hefner Allegations Are Graphic
'Stealth Omicron' Has Arrived in the US
In This City, a US First on Gun Ownership
After 6 Years in Jail for Staying Mum on Gold, a New Roadblock
Melania Trump's Hat 'Collateral Damage' of Crypto Crash
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.