Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
In Jan. 6 Texts,
Said Trump Doctor
Apr 20, 2022 3:23 PM CDT
In Jan. 6 Texts, Militia Members Said Trump Doctor 'Needs Protection'
Oath Keepers discussed protecting several Trump allies during riot
- Members of the far-right militia group the Oath Keepers discussed providing protection to some of then-President Trump's top allies surrounding the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection, including Republican Rep. Ronny Jackson, Roger Stone, and Michael Flynn, newly-released text messages show. Several group members—including Joshua James, who has pleaded guilty...
Flynn Pleads the Fifth
Before Jan. 6 Panel
Mar 11, 2022 4:31 AM CST
Flynn Pleads the Fifth Before Jan. 6 Panel
He discussed martial law as Trump fought to overturn election results
- Another high-profile Donald Trump ally has pleaded the Fifth Amendment in an appearance before the House select committee investigating the attack on the Capitol. A lawyer for former national security adviser Michael Flynn said Thursday that the retired general complied with a subpoena to appear before the committee Thursday "...
Feb 1, 2022 6:37 AM CST
Trump Asked DHS, Barr to Seize Voting Machines
But former president heeded Guiliani's advice to keep the military out of it, according to reports
New York Times
is out with a story asserting that then-President Trump was trying harder than has been previously known to have voting machines seized in the aftermath of the 2020 election. Key points in the story and related coverage:
Six weeks after the vote, Trump had
Nov 8, 2021 7:20 PM CST
New Batch of Subpoenas Covers Flynn and Miller
House committee wants to know "who they were talking to" about overturning the election
- Six more top advisers to former President Donald Trump now face subpoenas from the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, in an effort by the panel to learn about the attempt to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election. Legal scholar John Eastman and Bernard...
About a Coup
Jun 1, 2021 8:44 AM CDT
Michael Flynn Clarifies His Comments About a Coup
After viral clip, former general says media misinterpreted his response to a question
- Michael Flynn wants to make it clear: He is not advocating a military coup in the United States. The retired general and former national security adviser issued the clarification after a viral clip surfaced over the weekend and led to headlines and criticism. The details:
At a right-wing
: Army 'Falsely
Denied' Flynn Brother
Was on Capitol Call
Jan 21, 2021 12:09 PM CST
: Army 'Falsely Denied' Flynn Brother Was on Capitol Call
General doesn't share brother's QAnon views, former Army secretary says
- There's no sign that Lt. Gen. Charles Flynn shares the extreme views of his brother, retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, but the military still denied for days that he was in the room for a Jan. 6 call in which the Capitol Police pleaded with reluctant officials for help,...
Trump Sneaks in
4 More Tweets,
Hints of 'Own
Jan 9, 2021 6:00 AM CST
Trump Sneaks in 4 More Tweets, Hints of 'Own Platform'
Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell also get banned from Twitter
- Twitter permanently suspended President Trump's personal account, @RealDonaldTrump, on Friday, but the commander in chief quickly found a temporary workaround. CNBC reports that Trump managed to sneak in four more tweets from the government-owned @POTUS account on Friday evening, although those tweets were also removed from the platform almost...
Trump Loses Another
Big Voice in His Fight
Dec 28, 2020 8:41 AM CST
Trump Loses Another Big Voice in His Fight
'New York Post' tells him to 'stop the insanity' over election challenges
- Another staunch ally of President Trump wants him to give up his fight over the election. The
New York Post
is out Monday with a headline blaring "Stop The Insanity" on its cover, reports the Hill . The editorial board refers to Trump's ongoing challenge of the results as...
White House Officials
Are Reportedly 'Unnerved'
Dec 22, 2020 11:55 AM CST
White House Officials Are Reportedly 'Unnerved'
One conservative pundit wants Michael Flynn and Sidney Powell kept away from Trump
- For President Trump and his supporters, it's another example of fake news. But a slew of reports about the White House paints a picture of a president pondering radical action over the next month in an attempt to stay in office. Days ago, reports circulated about Trump floating the...
Trump Pushes Back On
'Martial Law' Election Redo
Dec 20, 2020 9:15 AM CST
Trump Pushes Back On 'Martial Law' Election Redo
President rebutted a New York Times report
- President Trump has taken to Twitter to push back on a
New York Times
report that outlined an Oval Office meeting where someone reportedly floated the idea of an election redo, this time under the supervision of the US military, per
. "Martial law = Fake News. Just...
for Top Job
Dec 19, 2020 4:00 PM CST
Trump Mulls Sidney Powell for Top Job at 'Raucous Meeting'
Trump considered naming her special counsel to probe voter-fraud allegations
- Sidney Powell, special counsel to oversee voter-fraud allegations? Trump discussed the idea at a raucous White House meeting Friday night and met with some resistance, insiders tell the
New York Times
. Rudy Giuliani, who attended by phone, spoke out against it. So did White House counsel Pat Cipollone and chief...
Dec 8, 2020 2:46 PM CST
Judge Tosses Criminal Case Against Flynn
Trump's pardon doesn't make the former national security adviser innocent, ruling says
- A federal judge on Tuesday dismissed the criminal case against former Trump administration national security adviser Michael Flynn, two weeks after a pardon from the president effectively ended the case. The order from US District Judge Emmet Sullivan was largely procedural in light of the pardon from President Trump, which...
Calls for 'Martial Law'
Dec 5, 2020 11:30 AM CST
Calls for 'Martial Law' Spark Outrage
A former GOP lawmaker says it's 'utterly insane'
- Michael Flynn and a top Pentagon nominee are under fire for backing conspiracy theories that urge President Trump to overturn the 2020 election results by declaring martial law, CNN reports. They claim without evidence that Trump won in "landslide fashion" and Joe Biden's victory was fraudulent. "I...
Analyst Says Trump Was
Right to Pardon Flynn
Nov 26, 2020 2:35 PM CST
Analyst Says Trump Was Right to Pardon Flynn
But a Washington Post editorial calls move a 'disgrace'
- President Trump's decision to pardon former national security adviser Michael Flynn was widely expected—but still hugely controversial. The president announced the day before Thanksgiving that he was granting a full pardon to Flynn, who pleaded guilty in 2017 to lying to the FBI about discussing anti-Russia sanctions with...
Trump Grants Full Pardon
to Michael Flynn
Nov 25, 2020 3:44 PM CST
Trump Grants Full Pardon to Michael Flynn
'I know you will now have a truly fantastic Thanksgiving!'
- President Trump will be in office for another 55 days—but he's not waiting until the last minute to issue pardons. The president announced Wednesday that he is granting a pardon to former national security adviser Michael Flynn, who pleaded guilty in 2017 to lying to the FBI about...
More Trump Pardons
Are Coming: Reports
Nov 25, 2020 8:24 AM CST
More Trump Pardons Are Coming: Reports
Michael Flynn is the biggest name on the table, according to Axios and 'NYT'
- Apparently the White House turkey won't be the only one receiving a presidential pardon this fall. Axios and the
New York Times
are reporting that President Trump is expected to pardon his former national security adviser Michael Flynn—and several other undisclosed people—before his term is up. Flynn...
Appeals Court Delivers
Bad News to Michael Flynn
Aug 31, 2020 12:39 PM CDT
Appeals Court Delivers Bad News to Michael Flynn
Denies his request to have case dropped
- Michael Flynn wanted to force a judge to immediately drop the case against him, but a federal appeals court said no such luck. The DC Circuit Court of Appeals denied Flynn's request to have charges dropped by a vote of 8-2 on Monday, reports the Hill . The ruling means...
Appeals Court Makes Rare
Move in Michael Flynn Case
Jul 30, 2020 1:20 PM CDT
Appeals Court Makes Rare Move in Michael Flynn Case
In setback for Flynn, full federal appeals panel will review dismissal of his case
- Michael Flynn is not out of hot water just yet. The entire Washington-based federal appeals court plans to take up the Justice Department's request to dismiss the criminal case against President Trump's former national security adviser, per the AP . The action Thursday by the full US Court of...
Divided Appeals Court:
The Flynn Case Must Die
Jun 24, 2020 11:05 AM CDT
Divided Appeals Court: The Flynn Case Must Die
Their 2-1 opinion slams the judge overseeing the case
- Looks like Michael Flynn is even closer to legal daylight. An appeals court ruled Wednesday that Flynn's long and controversial court case should be dismissed—which likely means it's over,
reports. The 2-1 opinion criticized the judge who refused to approve a Justice Department plan to...
Barr's DOJ Accused
of 'Gross Abuse'
in Flynn Case
Jun 10, 2020 3:40 PM CDT
Barr's DOJ Accused of 'Gross Abuse' in Flynn Case
Ex-judge argues against dropping charges
- A retired judge appointed to argue against the Justice Department's move to drop the charges against Michael Flynn has delivered a blistering broadside against the case for dismissal—and accused the department of "gross abuse of prosecutorial power." In a 73-page brief , John Gleeson said "no...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Verizon Just Got Pricier
Man 'Cooked Alive' After Police Tased Him at a Gas Pump
A 'Sweet Deal' for Ex-Cop in George Floyd Case
US Sues Steve Wynn, Says Casino Mogul Is Agent of China
Shkreli Released From Prison, Makes Joke on Facebook
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.