Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Oct 25, 2022 8:13 AM CDT
James Corden Opens Show With Apology
'Late Late Show' host explained how NYC restaurant banned him over 'rude comment'
- "Have I missed anything? Did I miss any news?" James Corden joked with his studio audience Monday. The
Late Late Show
host was, of course, referring to the hubbub sparked since he was banned, then unbanned from the New York City restaurant Balthazar over his reported treatment of the...
Jul 7, 2022 11:10 AM CDT
Boris Johnson Made One Fatal Error
He apologized, and that rarely plays well in politics, writes Martha Gill
- Boris Johnson has been beset by one scandal after another over the years, so why did the latest one bring his resignation ? At the
New York Times
, Martha Gill writes that Johnson made a big political error this week: He apologized. "It was a mistake, and I apologize...
The City of Orlando's July 4
Message Didn't Land Well
Jul 5, 2022 7:33 AM CDT
The City of Orlando's July 4 Message Didn't Land Well
It's now apologizing for message acknowledging some might not feel like celebrating the holiday
- Orlando's Independence Day message was seemingly an attempt to commiserate with those unhappy and stressed over recent events in the news, but all it did was create a backlash that extended all the way to the Florida governor's office. The city newsletter that went out on Friday acknowledged...
Fund Tells Families It Was
Wrong to Aid Tuskegee Study
Jun 12, 2022 11:00 AM CDT
Fund Tells Families It Was Wrong to Aid Tuskegee Study
Descendant says gesture could serve as an example for others
- For almost 40 years starting in the 1930s, as government researchers purposely let hundreds of Black men die of syphilis in Alabama so they could study the disease, a foundation in New York covered funeral expenses for the deceased. The payments were vital to survivors of the victims in a...
Ukraine Apologizes to Japan
Over Pic of WWII Emperor
Apr 25, 2022 10:20 AM CDT
Ukraine Apologizes to Japan Over Pic of WWII Emperor
Video tweeted out by Ukraine government account showed Hirohito's photo next to Hitler, Mussolini
- Ukraine has a brand-new word —"ruscism," roughly translated as "Russian fascism"—to describe what's happening now within its war-torn borders. But its thoughts on defeating fascism went a little awry over the weekend, after a government account tweeted a video that compared Japan's...
After Twice Praising Hitler,
an Apology From Peru's PM
Apr 8, 2022 8:21 AM CDT
After Twice Praising Hitler, an Apology From Peru's PM
Anibal Torres' comment comes amid a political crisis
- Peru's prime minster has apologized for his praise of Adolf Hitler—the latest blow to a government already facing a political crisis over soaring inflation and corruption allegations. Anibal Torres, 79, had been speaking in a cabinet session in the Junín capital of Huancayo, the site of ongoing...
Mar 29, 2022 7:22 AM CDT
Neb. Lawmaker Apologizes for Believing 'Ugly Rumor'
State Sen. Bruce Bostelman believed claim schools were putting out litter boxes for 'furry' students
- School custodians probably wouldn't want to add "empty litter boxes" to their daily to-do list, and luckily they don't have to—because students using litter boxes in school is not an actual thing. One Nebraska lawmaker is finally acknowledging that, and offering a public apology, after spreading...
on Rosie O'Donnell
My Name' First
Feb 24, 2022 10:05 AM CST
Priyanka Chopra on Rosie O'Donnell Apology: 'Google My Name' First
Ex-'View' star thought Chopra was Deepak Chopra's daughter; her mea culpa missed the mark
- There are plenty of resources online on how to craft a good apology, but Rosie O'Donnell apparently winged it for her latest mea culpa. Page Six reports on a recent encounter that took place between the former
co-host, singer Nick Jonas, and Jonas' wife, actress and singer Priyanka...
All the Moms
of His Kids
Feb 5, 2022 11:30 AM CST
Nick Cannon Apologizes to All the Moms of His Kids
Talk show host criticized for how he announced his upcoming 8th child, 2 months after death of son
- With five mothers of his children out there, talk show host Nick Cannon is probably used to some level of relationship drama—but he's drawing special ire for the way in which he announced his current partner's pregnancy on his show on Monday,
reports. Cannon and model...
Feb 5, 2022 10:00 AM CST
Susan Sarandon Apologizes for 'Insensitive' Post
Actress had shared a meme comparing police officers attending an NYPD funeral to 'fascism'
Susan Sarandon is now apologizing for sharing a social media post that compared police officers attending the funeral of a fallen NYPD colleague to "fascism."
reports that on Friday, the 75-year-old actress posted a statement on her Instagram story and on Twitter , where she offered a...
Jan 31, 2022 3:07 PM CST
Potential Trouble for Johnson: 300 Photos
British prime minister under fire after scathing report on Downing Street parties
(This file has been updated throughout with new details.)
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson apologized Monday after an inquiry concluded that Downing Street parties while Britain was in lockdown represented a “serious failure” of judgment. But Johnson brushed off calls to quit over the “partygate” scandal, promising...
It's a 'You Won a Scholarship'
Gaffe, Take II
Jan 31, 2022 12:45 PM CST
It's a 'You Won a Scholarship' Gaffe, Take II
Another Michigan university sends out errant notice to thousands of students
Last week, we reported on a university in Michigan that errantly informed incoming students they had won a full-ride scholarship. Now comes news of a different university in Michigan that did much the same thing. Oakland University mistakenly notified 5,500 students they had won the Platinum Presidential Scholar...
Chef Dumped by
Lands at CNN+
Jan 7, 2022 8:20 AM CST
Chef Dumped by
Lands at CNN+
Foodie Alison Roman will host 'highly opinionated' cooking program
Alison Roman is out of the "Twitter doghouse." That's how Jezebel paints the "nearly canceled" chef and cookbook author, who in 2020 slammed Chrissy Teigen and Marie Kondo, spurring calls of racism. She eventually parted ways with her employer, the
New York Times
. Now the...
Lawmaker Tries to Pants
Referee at Son's Game
Jan 6, 2022 11:16 AM CST
Lawmaker Tries to Pants Referee at Son's Game
'I was bad wrong,' says Tennessee Rep. Jeremy Faison
- One of Tennessee's most powerful Republican lawmakers has apologized for his "completely stupid" behavior at his son's high school basketball game earlier this week—which included trying to pull down a referee's pants. The attempted pantsing of ref Paul Pendleton happened near the end of the...
Patton Oswalt's Message
on Dave Chappelle Backfires
Jan 3, 2022 10:25 AM CST
Patton Oswalt's Message on Dave Chappelle Backfires
Comedian insists he's an 'LGBTQ ally' after post about his longtime friendship with Chappelle
- The comedy business can be a somewhat insular one, where everybody knows everybody and ties stretch back decades. So it's not surprising that comedian Patton Oswalt has known Dave Chappelle for more than three decades, and his New Year's Eve post on that topic is now drawing heat....
Royal Family: Sorry for
Princess's Birthday Bash
Dec 16, 2021 9:35 AM CST
Royal Family: Sorry for Princess's Birthday Bash
Dutch heir Amalia welcomed 21 guests for celebration amid rising COVID-19 cases
- The Dutch royal family says it regrets hosting an 18th birthday party for future queen Princess Amalia amid rising cases of COVID-19. Prime Minister Mark Rutte says 21 people attended Saturday's party in the gardens of the Huis ten Bosch royal palace in the Hague, where canopies were erected...
CEO Who Fired
Zoom Is Taking
Dec 11, 2021 6:02 AM CST
CEO Who Fired Workers Over Zoom Is Taking Time Off
Better.com's board made the announcement about Vishal Garg internally on Friday
The CEO who shot to infamy last week after opting to fire 900 workers during a brief Zoom call is "taking time off." The board of mortgage lender Better.com announced in an internal email on Friday that Vishal Garg would be taking a break "effective...
Christmas Party Allegation
Causes Boris Johnson Grief
Dec 8, 2021 10:05 AM CST
Christmas Party Allegation Causes Boris Johnson Grief
Prime minister had denied his staff held such an event during last year's strict COVID lockdown
- With the omicron variant posing new challenges around the globe as we head into the holiday season, an alleged Christmas party from last year is causing a headache for Boris Johnson. Despite his initial denials over the past week that there'd been such a gathering in 2020 at 10...
in a Tense Call
Nov 29, 2021 4:17 PM CST
Omar, Boebert Argue Apology in a Tense Call and Afterward
Members' conversation about anti-Muslim story doesn't settle the issue
- After Rep. Lauren Boebert told an anecdote about mistaking Rep. Ilhan Omar for a terrorist , House GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy suggested the Colorado Republican call the offended Democrat and just talk it out. Boebert and Omar talked Monday, but the conversation didn't defuse the situation, the Hill reports. Afterward,...
Virginia Politician Apologizes
Over Blackface Costume
Nov 1, 2021 8:33 AM CDT
Virginia Politician Apologizes Over Blackface Costume
Warsaw council member Faron Hamblin says his Eddie Murphy costume was a tribute, not an insult
- Halloween has come and gone, but not without another entry in the annals of I'm-sorry-about-my-blackface costume. In this case, the controversy centers around a local Virginia politician. Faron Hamblin, a white member of the town council in Warsaw, posted an image of himself on Facebook dressed as Randy Watson,...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Prosecutors Whip Out Surprise Document in Trump Org Trial
She Vanished From Her Home. A FedEx Driver Has Been Arrested
Musk's Surprise Friday Leak: 'The Twitter Files'
Green Book Actor Found Dead on Bronx Street
Report Details 'Enormous, Virtually Irreversible' Loss in Amazon
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.