Charlie Sheen, Robert Downey Jr., Cher: No one was immune when it came to host Ricky Gervais’ zingers at the Golden Globes. Watch part of his monologue in the gallery, courtesy of Mediaite, or check out some of the best lines, via People and E!:
- "It's gonna be a night of partying and heavy drinking … or as Charlie Sheen calls it, breakfast."
- "I Love You Phillip Morris stars Jim Carrey and Ewan McGregor, two heterosexual actors pretending to be gay. So, the complete opposite of some famous scientologists … probably. My lawyers helped me with the wording of that joke."
- "It was a big year for 3D movies: Toy Story. Despicable Me. Tron. Seems like everything this year was three-dimensional—except the characters in The Tourist."
- "Do you want to go see Cher? No. Why not? Because it's not 1975."
- "Nothing for Sex and the City 2? I was sure the Golden Globes special effects would go to the team that airbrushed that poster. Girls, we know how old you are. I saw one of you in an episode of Bonanza."
- "He's the star of Iron Man, Two Girls and a Guy, Wonderboys. Sorry, are these porn films? Kiss Kiss (Bang Bang), Bowfinger. Really! Up the Academy. He has done all those films, but many of you in this room probably know [Robert Downey Jr.] from such facilities as the Betty Ford Clinic and Los Angles County Jail."
Click to see another zinger directed at Bruce Willis
—or check out Gervais' Mel Gibson joke that the Globes vetoed.
(Read more Golden Globe