As kids, even celebrities suffered from insecurities—well, except probably Megan Fox. The Frisky tracks down 11 stars who claim to have been ugly in their youth:
- Salma Hayek: "You want to talk about bad skin? I had acne. And this acne was so bad, it sent me into a severe, severe depression. Like I couldn’t leave the house," she said in a recent interview, adding that the depression led her to eat too much, thus making her "fat and broken out."
- Bradley Cooper: Thanks to a bad bowl cut, people used to mistake him for a girl.
- Beyonce: She has said she was a "chubby and ugly" tween, sometimes requiring four of her family members to help her zip up her pants.
- Eva Longoria: Her charming-sounding sister apparently called her an "ugly duckling," since Eva was dark-haired and dark-skinned while the rest of her sisters were blond.
- Ryan Seacrest: He was teased for being overweight, and has said that he dealt with it by eating nachos and watching Oprah.
Click for the full list and pictures
so you can judge for yourself. Especially worthwhile? A somewhat Urkel-esque picture of rapper Lil Jon. (Read more Salma Hayek