Stop the presses! Everybody swoon! Ryan Gosling saved a woman from being hit by a taxi last night. Our winning headline appears above, but we couldn't stop ourselves from brainstorming a few alternatives:
- "Gosling Continues Superhero Streak, Saves Woman's Life" The news came to light after British reporter Laurie Penny tweeted, "I literally, LITERALLY just got saved from a car by Ryan Gosling. Literally. That actually just happened." Recalling that the Gos also once broke up a street fight, Annie Georgia Greenberg declares on Refinery 29, "Bruce Wayne, meet your match."
- "Hey Girl, Don't Step in Front of That Car" OK, so what Gosling actually said was, "Hey, watch out!" according to Penny.
- "Woman Saved From Taxi, Nearly Murdered by Jealous Onlookers" Gosling's identity was all but confirmed by a woman standing next to Penny, who said, "You lucky bitch."
- "Millions of Women Fall Unconscious After Gosling Heroics" Coverage of the incident includes lines like: "Laurie Penny … just had the dreamiest brush with death ever." (New York Observer), and "Did anyone else just get weak in the knees?" (Jezebel).
- And, one actual headline from The Frisky: "Ryan Gosling Returns To NYC, Saves Pedestrian’s Life, Leads My Libido Out Of Hibernation."
Click to see all of Penny's tweets on the matter
. (Read more Ryan Gosling