Listen up, radio show hosts: Lorde is not interested in your lesbian jokes, mmkay? The teen singer went on Australia's KIIS 1065 yesterday, and Kyle & Jackie Show host Kyle Sandilands asked her about her burgeoning friendship with Taylor Swift, E! reports:
- "Are you bringing your new bestie, Taylor Swift?" Sandilands asked, referring to Lorde's upcoming New York City concert. "I see your guys' pictures everywhere. Are you guys, like, uh, are you together now?"
- When Lorde did not respond, Sandilands continued, "Not together as in lesbians … I'm not talking about 'Ellen together.' I'm talking about, like, you guys are friendly, right?"
- "What do you mean you're not talking about 'Ellen together?'" Lorde replied. "Is there something wrong with lesbians? Is that what you're trying to say?"
- "Oh my god, no, I would love that," said Sandilands. "Are you going to confirm now that you're in a lesbian relationship with her?"
- "Don't ever try it. It's not working," said an irritated Lorde.
- At that point things got awkward, with Sandilands trying to dig himself out of the hole by gushing about Swift before finally joking, "Don't get too overboard with explaining the friendship, though. We haven't got all day." Her snappy reply: "I won't, believe me."
(Read more Lorde