There's quite a bit of drama swirling around the Sony Pictures version of a Steve Jobs biopic (the one based on Walter Isaacson's book with a possible screenplay by Aaron Sorkin, not the one starring Ashton Kutcher), and some of the recently-leaked Sony emails reveal quite a bit of that drama. The emails in question are mostly between Jobs producer Scott Rudin and Sony Pictures co-chairman Amy Pascal, and the profanity-laden back-and-forth shows how the relationship between Rudin and Sony devolved to the point that Sony ended up losing the project to rival studio Universal. But the most entertaining parts of the highly entertaining exchange (which Defamer has in full) are the parts in which Rudin slams Angelina Jolie.
"What does Angelina Jolie have to do with all this?" you ask. Well, apparently, she wasn't happy that David Fincher was slated to direct Jobs instead of her version of Cleopatra, Defamer explains. Some of Rudin's choice slams:
- "YOU BETTER SHUT ANGIE DOWN BEFORE SHE MAKES IT VERY HARD FOR DAVID TO DO JOBS."
- "There is no movie of Cleopatra to be made (and how that is a bad thing given the insanity and rampaging spoiled ego of this woman and the cost of the movie is beyond me)."
- "I have zero appetite for the indulgence of spoiled brats and I will tell her this myself if you don't."
- "I'm not destroying my career over a minimally talented spoiled brat who thought nothing of shoving this off her plate for eighteen months so she could go direct a movie. I have no desire to be making a movie with her, or anybody, that she runs and that we don't. She's a camp event and a celebrity and that's all and the last thing anybody needs is to make a giant bomb with her that any fool could see coming."
- "There is NO relationship with any movie star—ANY one—that requires our willingness to prostrate ourselves this way in the face of childish, irresponsible, willful and un-partnerly behavior."
Click for the full story
, or head over to People,
which put Jolie on the cover this month in a much more flattering light. (Read more Angelina Jolie