No question, filming can be dangerous: A camera assistant died while making Midnight Rider last year and a handful of celebrities have been injured on set. But celebrity deaths? A few near-misses, per The Chive:
- Aaron Paul dodged serious injury or worse on the first season of Breaking Bad when a sudden wind blew a large rock off an RV. It landed right where Paul had been moments before.
- Isla Fisher was doing an underwater fish-tank scene for Now You See Me when her chain got caught. She escaped thanks to a quick-release switch and a helpful stuntman.
- Jason Statham was driving a truck while filming The Expendables 3 when the brakes died. He went straight into the Black Sea, and people were "freaking out," says co-star Terry Crews. But Statham swam up as the truck sank: "Jason Statham is one true bad, bad dude," says Crews.
- Terry O'Quinn stabbed Matthew Fox with a real knife rather than a retractable while shooting Lost. Luckily, Fox had on his protective vest.
- Filming The Lone Ranger, Johnny Depp's saddle came undone and he dangled dangerously off the horse. Depp opted to let go rather than risk a hoof to the face: "And, incredibly, the horse lifted its front legs and he missed me," the actor says.
Click for more
, including near-deaths by Chevy Chase, Gerard Butler, and Michael J. Fox. (Read more actors