It would appear that story about Taylor Swift secretly writing Calvin Harris' "This Is What You Came For" is true. It would also appear Harris isn't super pleased about the way the story was reported (Swift was said to be unhappy with Harris' comments after the song came out, and that's allegedly why they split). After a rep confirmed that Swift wrote the song, Harris went on a Twitter rant Wednesday:
- First he was nice: "And she sings on a little bit of it too. Amazing lyric writer and she smashed it as usual"
- Then he was a little defensive: "I wrote the music, produced the song, arranged it and cut the vocals though. And initially she wanted it kept secret, hence the pseudonym"
- Then the unhappiness started creeping in: "Hurtful to me at this point that her and her team would go so far out of their way to try and make ME look bad at this stage though"
- Then things started getting real: "I figure if you're happy in your new relationship you should focus on that instead of trying to tear your ex bf down for something to do"
- Then he addressed Swift directly: "I know you're off tour and you need someone new to try and bury like Katy ETC but I'm not that guy, sorry. I won't allow it." And: "Please focus on the positive aspects of YOUR life because you've earned a great one"
- Then he dropped the mic: "God bless everyone have a beautiful day"
That "Katy" line is, of course, a reference to this
. (Read more Taylor Swift