There is no shortage of fodder for a roast of Rob Lowe, but at the actor's Comedy Central taping on Saturday night, the blood in the water belonged to Ann Coulter and the sharks on the dais knew it, reports USA Today. Coulter knew it, telling the audience, "I'd like to welcome everyone to the Ann Coulter roast with Rob Lowe," adding that her presence on the dais "has nothing to do with the book I published four days ago." A sampling of some of the PG-yet-still-brutal zingers, also via Fox News:
- Nikki Glaser: "Ann Coulter has written 11 books, 12 if you count Mein Kampf. Ann, you're awful. The only person you will ever make happy is the Mexican who digs your grave."
- Peyton Manning: "I just realized that I'm not the only athlete up here tonight. As you all know, earlier this year Ann Coulter won the Kentucky Derby."
- Jewel: “As a feminist I can’t support everything that’s been said tonight, but as someone who hates Ann Coulter, I’m delighted.”
- David Spade: "She seems stiff and conservative, but Ann gets wild in the sheets. Just ask the Klan. It looks like she’s having a good time. I haven’t seen her laugh this hard since Trayvon Martin got shot."
- Pete Davidson: “If you are here, Ann, who is scaring the crows away from our crops?”
- Jimmy Carr: After calling Coulter "repugnant" and hateful," this: "But it's not too late to change that. You could kill yourself."
- Not to be out-done, Coulter: "As a right-wing hate-monger, it is fantastic to be at a big Hollywood shindig with all these glittering celebrities that isn’t a fundraiser for Obama. There is nothing you can tell me to discourage me. My whole career has been an Ann Coulter roast.”
(Read more Ann Coulter