The chilling story of Sandra Bullock’s convicted stalker has come to a dramatic close. Joshua James Corbett, who was convicted of breaking into Bullock’s home in 2014, killed himself Wednesday in his La Crescenta, Calif., home during a five-hour standoff with police, USA Today reports. Corbett, 42, barricaded himself in his home around 7am after officers arrived with an arrest warrant related to the Bullock case. A SWAT team was called in after “threats of violence,” according to a police spokesperson. When the police eventually stormed the house, they found Corbett dead of "self-inflicted injuries" from a "sharp object," the spokesperson says.
Corbett’s conviction came after he broke into the Oscar-winning actress’ home as she hid in a closet. He was inside her house when police arrived. After that incident, police found a cache of weapons in his home. Corbett's lawyer tells the AP the warrant was being served because Corbett missed a court date last month for a progress report hearing related to his probation in the Bullock case. "He was due for a progress report and he just didn't want to go to court," the attorney says. "It's a very sad situation." (Read more Sandra Bullock stories.)