It's the season of giving ... really, really, really fancy things. At least according to Oprah Winfrey and Gwyneth Paltrow, who are out with their 2019 holiday gift guides. If you were to buy all of Oprah's Favorite Things, which number about 80 this year, it would set you back a total of $12,000, E! reports. Meanwhile, everything on Goop's Holiday Gift Guide adds up to a whopping $2.6 million, per Vogue Australia, which notes that's "contextually reasonable" considering past gift guides from the site founded by Paltrow have totaled more than double that. We round up a dozen notable items from the guides:
- Very expensive bath salts: Oprah likes these bath salts, which will set you back $88 per container.
- Coaching: Namely, "Awakening the Sacred Feminine Online Group Coaching," which Goop recommends so that you can "manifest the life you want" at a cost of $222 per month for six months.
- $1,295 boots: Goop recommends something called a "recovery boot system" that will massage your legs after tough workouts.
- A very expensive workout to go along with your recovery boots: Oprah recommends this $1,999 Flywheel exercise bike, plus the $39/month subscription that goes along with it.
- Mustard: Namely, this $21 mustard trio that Oprah apparently loves.
- A salami subscription: It would probably go well with your mustard? It's on Goop's guide and it'll cost you $13 or more per month.
- Glass straws: They're trendy, the POTUS probably hates them, and they'll cost you $15 for five plus a cleaning brush, though thanks to Oprah they're currently on sale.
- Keto lessons: Also trendy. The online course recommended by Goop costs $197.
- A $138 sweatshirt: What can we say, Gwyneth likes expensive shirts.
- Paint by number kits: But, like, fancy paint by number kits. Oprah likes them, and they're $42 each.
- A number of space expeditions: To be fair, this $1.3 million gift is listed in the "Ridiculous but Awesome" section of the Goop guide.
- Something for the little ones: You've got to buy your kids something, why not these $125 blocks hawked by Goop?
(Read more holiday shopping