Want to hear one of R. Kelly's alleged sex slaves tell her side of the story? You can, for a price. Joycelyn Savage is recounting her experiences with the jailed singer on the paid-content site Patreon, per TMZ. "I am risking my life for many others," she writes on Instagram. "This story is 18+ and only for mature audience. I want to make sure my story is very detailed as I can remember." Among her recollections, and reactions to them:
- She and R. Kelly met at a concert when she was nearly legal—17—and he promised to make her as successful as the R&B artist Aaliyah. "He would say it exactly like this 'Baby girl you are going to be the next Aaliyah,'" she writes, per Variety. "Robert would always look at me in a sexual way the first couple of times we met occasionally."
- "After these couple of months Robert started giving me commands, and making sure I call him by certain names. Like 'Master' or 'Daddy' which I didn't really care for at the time," she writes. "If I wasn't getting paid or pursuing my dream I would've went home, but all of that didn't stop just yet."
- "But It started getting worse by day by day, he would raise his voice at me if I didn't call him by those two names. If Robert called me I would have to reply with 'Yes, daddy' or 'Please daddy' he was so controlling."
- "I can say I didn't have any type of privacy at all now that I think of it. If I showered one of his assistant would have to be by the door while I shower. At the moment I kept thinking to myself why is all of this, does he think I will run away? Or go back home. That's exactly what he thought he didn’t want me to leave at all."
- R. Kelly attorney Steve Greenberg has this to say: "It is unfortunate that Jocelyn now seeks to make money by exploiting her long time, loving relationship with Robert. Obviously if she were to tell the truth no one would pay so she has, unfortunately, chosen to regurgitate the stories and lies told by others for her own personal profit."
- But Variety notes that her version of events echoes that of other women and girls who claim Kelly took advantage of them.
(Read more R. Kelly