Cash-Strapped Jon Wants Kids Back on TV

TLC court battle eating up money
By Mary Papenfuss,  Newser Staff
Posted Feb 17, 2010 3:40 AM CST
Cash-Strapped Jon Wants Kids Back on TV
Jon Gosselin exits the Montgomery County courthouse in Norristown, Pa., last year.   (AP Photo/Matt Rourke)

(Newser) – The has-been reality star dad who thought TV exposure was bad for his 8 kids, now wants them back on the air because he needs the cash, according to sources. Jon Gosselin must first settle ongoing lawsuits with the TLC network. "We are hopeful that there will be a settlement," his attorney said. "It's hard to tell right now if the show will be back on air. Hopefully, in the next few weeks, we'll have a better sense of the resolution of this."

Gosslein obtained a cease-and-desist order stopping TLC from filming his family for the once-popular reality program Jon & Kate Plus 8, and quickly embroiled in a court battle with the network. "Jon does not have money for the intense lawyer fees and ensuing battle with the media giant," said a source. Kate approached him about reconsidering his opposition to filming, reports ABC News. "She's willing to negotiate with him so that everyone gets what they want," the source added. (Read more Jon Gosselin stories.)

We use cookies. By Clicking "OK" or any content on this site, you agree to allow cookies to be placed. Read more in our privacy policy.
Get the news faster.
Tap to install our app.
X
Install the Newser News app
in two easy steps:
1. Tap in your navigation bar.
2. Tap to Add to Home Screen.

X