When it comes to men’s figure-skating, it’s a toss-up: What’s more entertaining, the routines or the outfits? Catherine Strawn votes for the outfits, and chooses the 11 craziest of the Olympics so far—including one that also made it onto a list of hipster-inspired outfits—on The Frisky:
- Johnny Weir: “Could be called Lady Gaga on ice, because he never fails to bring out the crazy, including this black number with pink trim, ruffles, sequins, and what appears to be pleather.”
- Robin Szolkowy: Dressed up like a clown with partner Aliona Savchenko.
- Stephane Lambiel: Kinda looks like Gaston—perhaps he's auditioning "for the Disney on Ice production of Beauty and the Beast."
- Daisuke Takahashi: Appears to have been inspired by Michael Jackson.
- Daniel Wende: Chose some sort of gladiator outfit, it would appear.
- Jeremy Abbott: Went the other direction, dressing as if for a job interview.
- Antoine Dorsaz: Performed his pairs free program with Anais Morand in matching Burberry-inspired plaid.
For even more sequins and tie-dye, click here
(Read more Johnny Weir