With spring break almost at an end, Nerve takes the chance to look back on the storied pantheon of the spring break movie. Points are given for debauchery on a scale of 0 to 5.
- Where the Boys Are, 1960: Sure, there's premarital sex and a jazz cat asking a girl to “rub rosin on my bow.” Alas, "nary a keg stand or nipple to be seen." 1 point.
- Beach Blanket Bingo, 1965: Getting warmer, with kids "telling adults to 'stick it'" and a "motorcycle crash that ends with the rider landing in the fish tank." 2 points.
- Spring Break, 1983: Though definitive low-budget 1980s beach-themed Porky’s rip-off" has more than a few boob shots, "the craziest pool stunt these guys can pull off is diving from the top of a palm tree into the deep end. Yawn." Just 2 points.
- Revenge of the Nerds II: Nerds in Paradise, 1987: Zero nudity hurts this film, but it bounces back by having guys drive "a tank into the fraternity conference’s pool." 3 points.
- From Justin to Kelly, 2003: Sliding backward here. "This one makes Where The Boys Are look like Porky’s." 0 points.
- The Real Cancun, 2003: All the sleaze here is a perfect antidote to From Justin. Plus, it coined "bandeezy." 4 points.
- Reno 911!: Miami, 2007: Payday. "Exploding whales, apple-martini lube, Pee Wee Herman, racial tension, homosexual tension." 5 points.
for the complete list, which includes more gazonga-filled flicks.
(Read more spring break