It may be time to resurrect the flannel shirts and scrunchies—‘90s fashion, for better or for worse, is back. The Daily Beast points to 16 reemerging trends:
- Grunge: Ripped jeans, fraying flannels, Doc Martens—remember those days? Trendsetters from Peaches Geldof to Elle style director Kate Lanphear are reliving them now.
- Safety pins: Elizabeth Hurley started the trend of clothes held together with safety pins when she wore a plunging Versace—with gold safety pins—in 1994. That look is back, and Paris Hilton is evidence.
- Shaved heads: Sinead O’Connor, Sigourney Weaver, and Demi Moore were among the empowered females going bald in the ‘90s. Today, we have Amber Rose and (partially shaved) Alice Dellal.
- Overalls: Thank Jesse James for this one. His line is at Wal-mart, but even socialites like Pixie Geldof are donning higher-class versions.
- Pink hair: Kurt Cobain dyed his hair pink in 1992; nowadays Lady Gaga and Kelly Osbourne, among others, have been spotted with a pink/gray/purple shade.
- Flannel: It was everywhere in the ‘90s, and it’s back. Kelly Osbourne is just one example of celebs donning the iconic look.
For the complete list, click here
. (Read more trend