Steven Slater was totally high on "Blue Juice" before his meltdown, say co-workers—that's "JetBlue spirit" to the uninitiated. It seems that the rager-of-the-year had previously been considered "Mr. JetBlue" by his peers, who went so far as to nominate him to be on the Inflight Values Committee, reports TMZ. My, how things have changed. In other Slater-related news:
- Let the video onslaught begin! Jimmy Fallon finds lost footage from the plane (see gallery)
- Like Tiger Woods before him, Slater gets animated, Taiwanese-style.
- JetBlue may not have fired Slater yet (he's been "removed from his duties pending the investigation"), but it's clearly pissed. TMZ obtained an internal memo emailed to inflight crew members explaining that passengers were already in the process of deplaning when the incident occurred, and that "deploying a slide is a forceful event and yesterday's deployment endangered, and could have severely injured or even killed."
- And it's not messing around on Twitter, either. According to Gawker, @JetBlue got into a Twitter spat with comedian Andy Borowitz. Read the odd exchange here.
- At least one person isn't cheering Slater on. Click here for 4 reasons why he's no folk hero.
(Read more Steven Slater