Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Made Bomb Threats to
Get Boyfriend Off Work
Sep 27, 2021 4:17 PM CDT
Woman Allegedly Made Bomb Threats to Get Boyfriend Off Work
Police say Kayla Blake told them she wanted to spend more time with him
- A Maine woman who wanted to spend more time with her boyfriend came up with an incredibly stupid plan to get him off work, police say. Kayla Blake, 33, allegedly called in two bomb threats to her beau's workplace, the Portland
reports. Officials say the threats to...
Cops: After Missing Flight,
Woman Made Bomb Threat
Sep 9, 2021 11:00 AM CDT
Cops: After Missing Flight, Woman Made Bomb Threat
Relatives say Marina Verbitsky was worried about her son missing school
- Relatives say Chicago woman Marina Verbitsky was worried about her son missing school when she was told she'd missed her flight home from Florida. Her actions at the boarding gate could put her behind bars until after he graduates. Police say the 46-year-old swore at JetBlue employees at Fort...
Woman Gets Jail After 'Twisted'
COVID Stunt in Supermarket
Aug 25, 2021 1:15 PM CDT
Woman Gets Jail After 'Twisted' COVID Stunt in Supermarket
Margaret Ann Cirko gets 1 to 2 years for claiming she had virus, coughing on food
- A Pennsylvania woman who pleaded guilty to coughing and spitting on food at a supermarket in the early days of the coronavirus pandemic was sentenced Tuesday to at least a year in jail, per the AP . Margaret Ann Cirko, 37, pleaded guilty in June to a felony count of making...
Bomb Threat Suspect Tells
Judge He's Off His Meds
Aug 20, 2021 5:10 PM CDT
Bomb Threat Suspect Tells Judge He's Off His Meds
Mental exam is ordered for Floyd Ray Roseberry
- A man who claimed he had a bomb in a pickup truck near the US Capitol, prompting evacuations and an hourslong standoff with police, told a federal judge Friday he has not taken his "mind medication" and was ordered to undergo a mental competency hearing. Floyd Ray Roseberry appeared...
Details Emerge About Man
Arrested in DC Bomb Threat
Aug 20, 2021 12:41 AM CDT
Details Emerge About Man Arrested in DC Bomb Threat
Wife says he has mental health issues, was upset with results of presidential election
- Details are coming out about the man arrested in Washington, DC, Thursday after a bomb threat resulted in a five-hour-long standoff and caused buildings around the US Capitol to be evacuated. Suspect Floyd Ray Roseberry, 49, of North Carolina, "was dealing with" some issues, among them the recent deaths...
Man Claiming to Have Bomb
Near Capitol Surrenders
Aug 19, 2021 1:54 PM CDT
Man Claiming to Have Bomb Near Capitol Surrenders
Floyd Ray Roseberry is taken into custody after standoff
- A man who claimed to have bomb in a pickup truck near the US Capitol has surrendered to law enforcement, ending an hourslong standoff on Thursday, per the AP . The man, identified by law enforcement officials as Floyd Ray Roseberry, 49, of North Carolina, crawled out of the vehicle and...
Lawyer: Passenger 'Said the
Magic Words You Do Not Say'
Jul 13, 2021 6:39 AM CDT
Lawyer: Passenger 'Said the Magic Words You Do Not Say'
Wegal Rosen, 74, arrested after bomb scare at Fort Lauderdale airport
- A Canadian who lives part time in Florida never completed his trip to Ontario over the weekend after an incident that caused chaos at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport. Per a police report and release cited by the
, Wegal Rosen, 74, became miffed on Saturday when he was told...
Shut in Portland
Aug 21, 2020 4:30 PM CDT
Federal Buildings Shut in Portland After Threat
FBI is investigating after protesters turn to ICE offices
- At least two federal buildings in Portland have been closed and the FBI is investigating a car bomb threat, officials said Friday. The threat, which was received Thursday, warned of the intention to use a car bomb to target federal property in Portland, two law enforcement officials said. A number...
in 'Contagion of Hate'
Feb 23, 2020 4:00 PM CST
JCCs Threatened in 'Contagion of Hate'
New York state grapples with latest example of anti-Semitism
- New York state is reeling Sunday after bomb threats were made against 18 Jewish community centers,
reports. Over 100 people were evacuated from Albany's JCC as police officers swept the building with K-9 teams, but found no bomb. Michael Kopy, the state's director of emergency management,...
The Jazz Beat
Found a Shoebox
Nov 23, 2019 6:00 AM CST
The Jazz Beat the Warriors. Then Someone Found a Shoebox
Salt Lake City's Vivint Smart Home Arena evacuated after 'suspicious' package found
- The Utah Jazz beat the Golden State Warriors Friday night 113-109, but unexpected excitement came after the last ball had been thrown. Vivint Smart Home Arena in Salt Lake City was evacuated just minutes after the NBA game had ended, Fox News reports. The cause of the clear-out: Salt Lake...
Churchgoers Tackle Woman
They Say Made Bomb Threat
Apr 22, 2019 11:44 AM CDT
Churchgoers Tackle Woman They Say Made Bomb Threat
Suspect holding baby allegedly threatened to blow up San Diego church, waved handgun around
- Places of worship around the world were on high alert Easter after apparently coordinated attacks killed nearly 300 in churches and hotels in Sri Lanka over the weekend, which may be why congregants at a San Diego church were willing to jump a woman they say arrived with a baby...
On 6th Anniversary
of Sandy Hook, a
Dec 14, 2018 12:08 PM CST
On 6th Anniversary of Sandy Hook, a Nerve-Wracking Morning
Sandy Hook Elementary students sent home after bomb threat called in; it appears it was a hoax
- The sixth anniversary of the Sandy Hook shooting is a hard-enough day for the community of Newtown, Conn.—and it was made worse Friday morning by a bomb threat that forced Sandy Hook Elementary School to be evacuated. The Newtown Police Department says it was on the receiving end...
Email Bomb Threats Were a
Hoax—and a 'Terrible Strategy'
Dec 14, 2018 11:21 AM CST
Email Bomb Threats Were a Hoax—and a 'Terrible Strategy'
Extortion warnings sent around the US, Canada demanded $20K in bitcoin
- Chaos ensued across the US, Canada, and New Zealand Thursday after schools, businesses, government buildings, media outlets, and other venues were hit with a wave of email threats that warned of bombs going off at each target if $20,000 in bitcoin wasn't paid up,
Sites Across the US
Receive Bomb Threats
Dec 13, 2018 4:32 PM CST
Sites Across the US Receive Bomb Threats
Authorities say they are not credible
- Bomb threats sent to locations from coast to coast on Thursday—including schools, universities, police departments, and news organizations—appear to be a hoax, authorities say. The threats follow a common pattern, WLS-TV reports: They involve an email warning of a hidden explosive and a demand for the deposit of...
Off the Air After
NYC Bomb Threat
Dec 7, 2018 2:33 AM CST
Goes Off the Air After NYC Bomb Threat
Caller claimed there were 5 devices in building
- CNN says its New York offices and studios have been given the all-clear after a bomb threat was phoned in Thursday night. The threat at Manhattan's Time Warner Center forced the evacuation of the facility and the closure of part of West 58th Street to vehicle and pedestrian...
CNN HQ Is Evacuated
Oct 24, 2018 10:05 AM CDT
After Clinton, Obama Packages, CNN HQ Is Evacuated
NYPD is on the case at Time Warner Center
- First came a pipe bomb discovered Monday in George Soros' mailbox, then the announcement Wednesday of the Secret Service's interception of "two suspicious packages" meant for the offices of Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama (Clinton's package was said to contain a "functional explosive device"). Now...
Explosive Device Found
at NY Home of George Soros
Oct 23, 2018 3:51 AM CDT
Explosive Device Found at NY Home of George Soros
Billionaire is a target of right-wing groups
- Police say a suspected letter bomb was found Monday in a mailbox at a New York state home owned by billionaire George Soros—a frequent target of right-wing groups. Officials tell the
New York Times
that the device was "proactively detonated" by the bomb squad after an employee found...
After Threat, 'Every Part' of
Arlington Cemetery Searched
Aug 22, 2018 12:30 PM CDT
After Threat, 'Every Part' of Arlington Cemetery Searched
Afternoon funerals will proceed as scheduled though
- Funerals will proceed as scheduled, but Arlington National Cemetery is otherwise off limits on Wednesday. This after a bomb threat was made. The
reports the cemetery was evacuated around 9:30am and that it will remain closed to the public for the remainder of the day. A rep...
Librarian Makes Fake Bomb
Threat In Order to Make Flight
Aug 20, 2018 5:30 PM CDT
Librarian Makes Fake Bomb Threat In Order to Make Flight
The Frenchman by way of London was en route to Los Angeles
- A librarian has been jailed after calling in a fake bomb threat so he wouldn't miss a flight. Per Reuters , Jacob Meir Abdellak, a Frenchman living in London, called in the hoax eight minutes before his Norwegian Airlines flight was slated to leave Gatwick Airport after staff wouldn't...
He Went to Extremes to Make
Flight, Will Go to Prison for It
Jul 20, 2018 7:31 AM CDT
He Went to Extremes to Make Flight, Will Go to Prison for It
Dana Carter sentenced to 4 months
- He didn't want to miss his flight, and so he tried to delay the plane—by phoning in a bomb threat. It ended up costing Dana Carter much more than a few hours stuck waiting for the next flight. The 40-year-old Dayton, Ohio, man was on Thursday sentenced to...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
After Bridge Collapses, a Human Chain Forms
Scientists Take Issue With Joe Rogan Podcast Discussion
Retrieval of Sunken F35 Is 'Vitally Important' for US
This Airline Is the Best of All Major US Carriers
Domain Name Shift May Have Leaked Team's New Name
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.