Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Gunman Kills 3 at UNLV, Critically Wounds Another
Stories 1 - 20 |
Not Sure We Needed to Know
This Superstition, Mahomes
Nov 15, 2023 11:38 AM CST
Not Sure We Needed to Know This Superstition, Mahomes
Kansas City Chiefs QB says he wears same pair of (supposedly washed) undies for every game
- In the world of professional football, there are TDs, FGs, and now, thanks to Patrick Mahomes, TMI. The Kansas City Chiefs quarterback showed up Monday on ESPN's
, hosted during
Monday Night Football
by brothers Peyton and Eli Manning, and the football veterans (and the world) found out just...
on NFL QBs May
Make You Feel Old
Nov 9, 2023 11:45 AM CST
Milestone Stat on NFL QBs May Make You Feel Old
For first time, every quarterback who threw a pass last week was born in 1990 or later
- The generational shift at quarterback in the NFL reached a new milestone last week. For the first time ever, every player who threw a pass in the NFL in Week 9 was born in 1990 or later, with 15 of the 28 starting quarterbacks last week age 25 or younger,...
Kaepernick to Jets: I'm Your
'Risk-Free Contingency Plan'
Sep 27, 2023 9:35 AM CDT
Kaepernick to Jets: I'm Your 'Risk-Free Contingency Plan'
Ex-49ers quarterback, now a free agent, says he'd lead team's practice squad if they'd let him
- The New York Jets are in a tough spot after their newest quarterback, Aaron Rodgers, suffered a season-ending torn Achilles tendon during his debut for the team earlier this month. One notable name thinks they may have the solution to the Jets' current conundrum: Colin Kaepernick , the NFL quarterback exiled...
Habit Scores Him a Deal
Aug 23, 2023 11:40 AM CDT
NFL Rookie's Mayo-in-Coffee Habit Scores Him a Deal
Will Levis of the Tennessee Titans gets a lifetime supply of Hellman's mayonnaise
- NFL rookie quarterback Will Levis has made a splash—in his coffee and across the internet—in sharing his habit of putting mayonnaise in his coffee. Most onlookers responded to an initial 2021 TikTok video , and later clips , with disgust. But not Hellman's, the brand of mayo Levis used....
Sheriff: It Wasn't Rip Current
That Led to Ex-NFLer's Death
Jul 1, 2023 7:00 AM CDT
Sheriff: It Wasn't Rip Current That Led to Ex-NFLer's Death
'No indication' of that as cause of Ryan Mallett's apparent drowning on Florida beach, per officials
- Officials are now saying that ex-NFL quarterback Ryan Mallett's death earlier this week in an apparent drowning off of Florida's shores wasn't caused by a rip current. Per CBS News , the Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office posted a video Wednesday on Facebook with an update on the...
This Guy Is Having
a Bonkers 2023
May 15, 2023 6:10 PM CDT
This Guy Is Having a Bonkers 2023
Eagles' QB Jalen Hurts played in Super Bowl, got a mind-boggling contract, and his master's degree
- OK, so you might think you've done a little something with your 2023 thus far. But Jalen Hurts, quarterback for the Philadelphia Eagles, took his team to the Super Bowl in February (mind you, they barely lost, but lose they did ), signed a five-year, $255 million contract extension...
An Awkward Surprise
of the NFL Draft
Apr 28, 2023 8:27 AM CDT
An Awkward Surprise of the NFL Draft
Kentucky QB Will Levis not selected in first round as expected, and the cameras were on it
- The top pick overall in Thursday's NFL draft went pretty much the way everybody expected. One part of the televised night was a surprise, however: Kentucky quarterback Will Levis did not get picked by any team in the first round. ESPN had given him a 92% chance of being...
He's Making the Biggest
Annual Salary in NFL History
Apr 17, 2023 2:39 PM CDT
He's Making the Biggest Annual Salary in NFL History
Philadelphia Eagles sign QB Jalen Hurts to $255M deal over 5 years
- Quarterback Jalen Hurts just barely missed winning a Super Bowl ring earlier this year, but his Philadelphia Eagles just provided a nice consolation. The team agreed to a five-year deal worth $255 million that equates to the highest annual salary in NFL history, reports
. Of that money, about...
Robert Kraft Has One Last
Request of Tom Brady
Feb 2, 2023 10:05 AM CST
Robert Kraft Has One Last Request of Tom Brady
Patriots owner wants QB to sign a one-day contract and retire as a Patriot
- Might Tom Brady un-retire
? Maybe, but not to take the field once more. New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft suggested Thursday on CNN that Brady sign a one-day contract so he could retire as a Patriot. "Not only do I want it, our fans are clamoring for it,...
Experts Challenge QB's
View of His Risk for CTE
Oct 20, 2022 11:57 AM CDT
Experts Challenge QB's View of His Risk for CTE
Miami's Tua Tagovailoa, cleared to play Sunday, suggests quarterbacks are at less risk
- Miami Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa has been hammered with big hits in his last two games—including a headline-making concussion on Sept. 29—and he's hoping to break the streak on Sunday. The NFL has cleared Tagovailoa to play this weekend, reports ESPN . The 24-year-old spoke for the first...
One Take on Tagovailoa's Hit:
'How Are We So Stupid in 2022'
Oct 1, 2022 7:00 AM CDT
One Take on Tagovailoa's Hit: 'How Are We So Stupid in 2022'
NFL, Dolphins have been under fire after 24-year-old QB was injured just days after similar injury
(This story has been updated with comments from Tagovailo.)
The NFL has another controversy on its hands related to concussions after a scary incident Thursday night involving Miami Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa. Coverage:
The Dolphins' 24-year-old quarterback got sacked in the second quarter and his head came
in NFL History
Mar 8, 2022 12:26 PM CST
Aaron Rodgers Just Signed Biggest Deal in NFL History
Quarterback agrees to 4-year, $200M deal with the Green Bay Packers
- Aaron Rodgers has had a controversial and downright strange year. This should make him feel better: The 38-year-old quarterback has signed a four-year, $200 million deal with the Green Bay Packers, and that $50 million-a-year clip makes him the highest paid player in NFL history, reports CBS Sports . Ian Rapoport...
A Week Into
3 Cryptic Words
Feb 8, 2022 7:59 AM CST
A Week Into Retirement, Brady Has 3 Cryptic Words
'Never say never' in regard to a possible return
- Well, that didn't take long. About a week after he announced his retirement from football, Tom Brady seemed to crack the door open in regard to a possible return. "Never say never," he said on his "Let's Go" podcast while discussing his next moves. The...
Retires After 18 Seasons
Jan 27, 2022 10:04 AM CST
Steelers' Roethlisberger Retires After 18 Seasons
'Big Ben' leaving the game at 39
- Big Ben is out. Longtime Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said Thursday that he's retiring after 18 seasons, reports CNN . "The time has come to clean out my locker, hang up my cleats, and continue to be all I can be to my wife and children," the...
Jan 17, 2022 2:03 PM CST
Cowboys QB Under Fire for Post-Game Ref Comments
Dak Prescott gave fans 'credit' for tossing trash at referees
- Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott might be taking more criticism for his comments following a loss on Sunday than for the game itself. Short version: Dallas fans thought the refs blew a call on the final play that cost them a chance to win. When informed that some people tossed...
As Eagles QB Headed Off
the Field, Unexpected Chaos
Jan 3, 2022 12:18 PM CST
As Eagles QB Headed Off the Field, Unexpected Chaos
Fans fall after railing gives way at FedExField, but no one is seriously hurt
- The Eagles fans have landed, quite literally. More specifically, a railing collapsed and they spilled onto the ground after their team won against the Washington Football Team at Maryland's FedExField on Sunday. The incident occurred just as Eagles quarterback Jalen Hurts was heading off the field, reports the
After Positive Test,
Aaron Rodgers Is Under Fire
Nov 4, 2021 12:46 PM CDT
After Positive Test, Aaron Rodgers Is Under Fire
Packers QB claimed to be 'immunized,' but he wasn't vaccinated
- When reporters asked Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers in August if he'd been vaccinated, he said, "Yeah, I've been immunized," adding, "There's guys on the team that haven't been vaccinated. I think it's a personal decision." But on Wednesday, NFL....
$1M in Bitcoin
Nov 2, 2021 2:01 AM CDT
Aaron Rodgers Giving Away $1M in Bitcoin
The Green Bay Packers quarterback announces partnership with CashApp
- Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers is investing in cryptocurrency in a big way. "I’m pumped to share that I’ve recently teamed with CashApp," he said in a video shared on Twitter on Monday, per Yahoo Sports . "They’ve enabled me to take part of...
Team to Take the Field Without
Any of Its Quarterbacks
Nov 29, 2020 8:13 AM CST
Team to Take the Field Without Any of Its Quarterbacks
One tested positive, and exposure ruled out the others
- The Denver Broncos will have a new look in Sunday's game, but not because they want to. COVID-19 issues have knocked out all of the team's quarterbacks. Somebody will have to take the snaps when the Broncos are on offense, but it won't be an actual, trained...
and Bad News
Nov 10, 2020 10:55 AM CST
For NFL's Roethlisberger, Good News and Bad News
Steeler QB achieves a milestone, but he also must isolate as a COVID risk
- The last few days have brought a milestone and a health precaution for the NFL's Ben Roethlisberger:
When Roethlisberger led his Pittsburgh Steelers to a comeback win over Dallas on Sunday, he lifted the team to an 8-0 record. That guarantees Roethlisberger won't have a losing season
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Husband, Mom of Woman Killed on Wedding Night in Ugly Legal Fight
Kelsey Grammer Interview Abruptly Ends After Trump Question
Gunman Kills 3 at UNLV, Critically Wounds Another
Kevin McCarthy to Exit the House at Month's End
Judge Sentences Woman to Work in Fast Food Restaurant
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.