Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Leader Isn't Taylor Swift
Nov 10, 2023 11:57 AM CST
Grammy Nominations Leader Isn't Taylor Swift
SZA leads the pack with 9 nominations
- The new Grammy nominees are out, with artist SZA leading the way at nine nominations, per the AP . "Kill Bill," her revenge anthem cloaked in an R&B ballad, earned her nods for record of the year, song of the year, and best R&B performance.
Ben Affleck Addresses
Those Grammys Memes
Mar 17, 2023 3:00 AM CDT
Ben Affleck Addresses Those Grammys Memes
And more, in wide-ranging 'Hollywood Reporter' sit-down
- Ben Affleck can't help it, OK? He just has Resting Ben Face. That's one of many topics the actor discussed during a wide-ranging interview with
The Hollywood Reporter
. For anyone who missed it, Affleck was the subject of many memes following the apparent dismay written all over his...
Feb 7, 2023 12:40 AM CST
Harry Styles' Grammys Speech Caused Mass Bewilderment
World gives a big 'um, what?' to claim that 'this doesn’t happen to people like me very often’
- Before leaving the stage after winning the biggest award at Sunday night's Grammys ceremony, an apparently overwhelmed Harry Styles—a white, male, wealthy, straight, cisgender British singer of pop music—said: "I’m just so—this doesn’t happen to people like me very often and this is...
Feb 6, 2023 6:56 AM CST
Beyonce Makes Grammy Awards History
She wins her 32nd award, becoming the Grammys' most decorated artist
- Harry Styles won album of the year at Sunday's Grammy Awards, taking home the top honor on a night that Beyoncé dominated and became the ceremony’s most decorated artist, the AP reports. Beyoncé won her 32nd award, breaking a 26-year-old record. But as in years past, the album...
'I Just EGOT!'
Feb 5, 2023 7:33 PM CST
Viola Davis at Grammys: 'I Just EGOT!'
She becomes the 18th person to win an Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, and Tony
- Viola Davis on Sunday night became the latest celebrity to EGOT when she won a Grammy for the audio version of her 2022 memoir. "Oh my God! I wrote this book to honor the 6-year-old Viola, to honor her life, her joy, her trauma, everything. And it has just...
Beyonce, Jay-Z Tied for
Grammy Nominations Record
Nov 15, 2022 6:52 PM CST
Beyonce, Jay-Z Tied for Grammy Nominations Record
Their total is now 88 apiece
- Beyoncé has been crowned the most Grammy-nominated person in history—tying her husband, rapper Jay-Z, with 88 nominations apiece. She received nine nominations while Kendrick Lamar received eight and Adele received seven, the CBC reports. Jay-Z got five nods. Here are the reactions to Tuesday's Grammy nominations, per the...
Study: Grammys Change Artists
Jul 17, 2022 12:50 PM CDT
Study: Grammys Change Artists
Research finds more innovation on the next album
- A few of the ways that winning a Grammy Award—or even being nominated for one—changes life for artists are obvious. They're even more famous, have greater leverage when cutting deals, and often watch their record sales skyrocket, the BBC reports; Adele's
had a 207% increase...
Louis CK's Grammy Win
Sets Off a Backlash
Apr 4, 2022 6:45 AM CDT
Louis CK's Grammy Win Sets Off a Backlash
'So much for cancel culture,' is a familiar refrain on social media
- One of the most notable Grammys doled out Sunday night went to a performer who was not there to collect it in person: Louis CK won for best comedy album five years after a sexual misconduct scandal rocked his career, reports NPR . The win was not part of the televised...
Here Are Your
Apr 4, 2022 12:01 AM CDT
Here Are Your Grammy Winners
Jon Batiste is the big winner with 5 awards
- Jon Batiste won album of the year honors for
at the Grammy Awards on Sunday, giving him five trophies on a night that saw the ’70s funk of Silk Sonic take record of the year and song of the year, the AP reports. (The night also saw...
Cardi B Deletes Twitter
Amid Grammys Drama
Apr 3, 2022 10:45 PM CDT
Cardi B Deletes Twitter Amid Grammys Drama
Fans were mad she didn't attend
- As she was getting dragged on Twitter for not attending the Grammy Awards on Sunday night, Cardi B appeared to delete, or at least deactivate, her account . Fans were upset because they believed the rapper, who was nominated for best rap performance for "Up," had indicated she would...
Grammys Host Trevor Noah
Makes a Will Smith Joke
Apr 3, 2022 9:24 PM CDT
Grammys Host Trevor Noah Makes a Will Smith Joke
Don't worry, he assures audience, names will be kept out of mouths
- According to SFGate , it was just seven minutes into Sunday night's Grammy Awards when a Will Smith joke was made. "Don’t even think of it as an award show,” Noah said toward the end of his monologue. “This is a concert where we’re giving...
Ye's Camp Says
Grammys Pulled the Plug
Mar 19, 2022 4:35 PM CDT
Ye's Camp Says Grammys Pulled the Plug
Academy says 'concerning online behavior' will keep him offstage
- Ye will not be performing at the Grammy Awards next month because of what the Recording Academy called his "concerning online behavior," a representative for the rapper said Saturday. The former Kanye West was shut down for 24 hours by Instagram this week after he posted racial slurs...
'Music's Biggest Night'
Postponed for 2nd Year
Jan 5, 2022 3:13 PM CST
'Music's Biggest Night' Postponed for 2nd Year
Grammy organizers cite omicron concerns
- The upcoming Grammy Awards were postponed Wednesday due to what organizers call "too many risks" due to the omicron variant. No new date has been announced. The ceremony had been scheduled for Jan. 31st in Los Angeles with a live audience and performances. The Recording Academy said it made...
Drake Withdraws His
2 Grammy Nominations
Dec 6, 2021 5:50 PM CST
Drake Withdraws His 2 Grammy Nominations
Move appears to be unprecedented
: Drake has abruptly withdrawn his two nominations for the 2022 Grammy Awards. Sources tell
that the Canadian star and his management have asked for "Certified Lover Boy," nominated for best rap album, and song "Way 2 Sexy," nominated for best rap performance, to be...
That Was John Davis' Voice
on Milli Vanilli's Hits
May 28, 2021 5:15 PM CDT
That Was John Davis' Voice on Milli Vanilli's Hits
Producer had singer record the tracks alone, late at night
- John Davis, one of the real singers behind the lip-synching pop duo Milli Vanilli, has died of the coronavirus, his family said. He was 66. Davis died on Monday in Nuremberg, Germany, his daughter Jasmin Davis said. "We are so incredibly sad and heartbroken," Davis told the AP...
The Weeknd on
Grammys Changes ... Meh
May 4, 2021 12:03 AM CDT
The Weeknd on Grammys Changes ... Meh
Singer still won't be submitting his music
- After this year's controversial Grammy Awards , from which The Weeknd was completely shut out , the Grammys are making some changes—but it's too little, too late for the singer. "I remain uninterested in being a part of the Grammys, especially with their own admission of corruption for...
Here Are Your
Mar 15, 2021 12:03 AM CDT
Here Are Your Grammy Winners
Including Beyonce, who made Grammys history
- Beyonce made history before the Grammys even started Sunday night, winning best rap performance along with Megan Thee Stallion for their remix of "Savage" during the pre-ceremony, the AP reports. That's the first time two women have won in that category, CNN reports. During the awards ceremony, Queen...
Blue Ivy Carter
Makes Grammys History
Mar 14, 2021 11:19 PM CDT
Blue Ivy Carter Makes Grammys History
She's the 2nd-youngest winner ever
- Blue Ivy Carter on Sunday night became the second-youngest Grammy winner of all time. The 9-year-old daughter of Beyonce and Jay-Z won (along with her mom and collaborator WizKid) for Queen Bey's "Brown Skin Girl," which took home the best music video award. As the Huffington Post...
Beyoncé, Taylor Swift
Could Have Record Nights
Mar 14, 2021 1:40 PM CDT
Beyoncé, Taylor Swift Could Have Record Nights
'Folklore' is nominated for album of the year, while 'Black Parade' is up for record and song honors
- It could be a night for the history books for Taylor Swift and Beyoncé at Sunday’s Grammy Awards. Swift could become the first woman to win the top prize, album of the year, three times, the AP reports. Her first surprise album of 2020—the folky, alternative adventure
Jazz Great Asked
His Fans to Play On
Feb 11, 2021 6:30 PM CST
Jazz Great Asked His Fans to Play On
'It's a constant experiment,' Chick Corea said of his music
- Chick Corea, a towering jazz pianist with a staggering 23 Grammy Awards who pushed the boundaries of the genre and worked alongside Miles Davis and Herbie Hancock, has died. He was 79, the AP reports. Corea died Tuesday of a rare form of cancer, his team posted on his website....
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Husband, Mom of Woman Killed on Wedding Night in Ugly Legal Fight
Judge Sentences Woman to Work in Fast-Food Restaurant
Congress' $7.5B for EV Chargers Has Yielded Zero Chargers
Gunman Kills 3 at UNLV, Critically Wounds Another
Here's What Happens When You Go Vegan for a Month
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.