Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Los Angeles Dodgers
Stories 1 - 20 |
Reporter's Big Slide
Does Not End Well
Aug 18, 2022 2:13 PM CDT
Reporter's Big Slide Does Not End Well
Dodgers' reporter David Vassegh breaks 2 bones and cracks 6 ribs in Milwaukee
- A reporter for Los Angeles Dodgers' telecasts is getting more attention than he anticipated after going down the famous big slide at the Milwaukee Brewers' home field. David Vassegh's trip down mascot Bernie Brewer's slide went a little haywire at the end, resulting in two broken bones in...
His 'Dulcet Tones
Aug 2, 2022 11:08 PM CDT
His 'Dulcet Tones Provided the Soundtrack of Summer'
Beloved Dodgers broadcaster Vin Scully dead at 94
- Hall of Fame broadcaster Vin Scully, whose dulcet tones provided the soundtrack of summer while entertaining and informing Dodgers fans in Brooklyn and Los Angeles for 67 years, died Tuesday night, the team said. He was 94. Scully died at his home in the Hidden Hills section of Los Angeles,...
for 324 Games
Apr 29, 2022 4:30 PM CDT
MLB Suspends Trevor Bauer for 324 Games
Dodgers pitcher says he'll appeal harshest penalty yet under the domestic violence policy
- Trevor Bauer, the Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher accused by a woman of sexually assaulting her twice last year, has been suspended for two years by Major League Baseball. The action, announced Friday by Commissioner Rob Manfred, is the most severe imposed yet under MLB's domestic violence policy, ESPN reports....
Sues Woman Who
Accused Him of
Apr 26, 2022 1:34 AM CDT
Dodgers Pitcher Sues Woman Who Accused Him of Sexual Assault
Trevor Bauer has vehemently denied any wrongdoing
- Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer sued the woman who accused him of sexual assault in federal court Monday, in a move that came less than three months after prosecutors decided not to file criminal charges against the athlete. The San Diego woman, whom the pitcher had met through social...
LA Prosecutors Won't
Charge Trevor Bauer
Feb 8, 2022 7:26 PM CST
LA Prosecutors Won't Charge Trevor Bauer
Dodgers pitcher denies sexual abuse allegations
: Los Angeles prosecutors on Tuesday decided not to charge Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer for allegedly beating and sexually abusing a San Diego woman he met through social media. Prosecutors were unable to prove the San Diego woman’s accusations beyond a reasonable doubt, the Los Angeles County district attorney'...
Blown Call Makes
Case for Robot
Oct 16, 2021 4:00 PM CDT
Blown Call Makes Case for Robot Umpires
Technology has stepped in after human error before, David Von Drehle writes
- After the Dodgers-Giants playoff game Thursday night, Gabe Morales was able to watch replays of his call that ended San Francisco's season. The umpire had ruled that the Giants' Wilmer Flores had gone around while trying to check his swing. That was the third strike, the last out of...
Guy Spotted at
Oct 9, 2021 7:00 AM CDT
Guy Spotted at Dodgers Game Wasn't Actually Fugitive
Authorities had sought public's help in search for John Ruffo, on the run for 23 years
Sorry, it's not him. That's the final word from authorities on a mystery man spotted at a 2016 MLB game who looked just like a fugitive who's been on the run for 23 years. The US Marshals Service says the man seen in video footage at...
It May Be 'Smoothest
Slide of All Time'
Aug 12, 2021 12:53 PM CDT
It May Be 'Smoothest Slide of All Time'
People keep setting Trea Turner's move into music
- Major League Baseball is calling it the "smoothest slide of all time." The
Los Angeles Times
concurs that "few have ever looked so smooth while sliding home to score," and likens Trea Turner's technique to a "choreographed dance move." You can watch...
Ball Girl Takes Down
Rogue Fan at Dodger Stadium
Aug 9, 2021 2:30 PM CDT
Ball Girl Takes Down Rogue Fan at Dodger Stadium
Man had managed to evade security during run across field
- "Reminder: Don’t mess with our ball girls!" So tweeted Dodgers Nation after a rogue fan was stopped in his tracks Sunday. After the fan invaded the field at Dodger Stadium during the sixth inning of Sunday's game against the Los Angeles Angels, he evaded security and...
Trevor Bauer Put
on Leave by MLB
Jul 2, 2021 3:39 PM CDT
Trevor Bauer Put on Leave by MLB
Woman has accused Dodgers pitcher of sexual assault
- Major League Baseball has put Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer on a seven-day administrative leave while a woman's accusations against him of sexual assault are investigated. The accusations are the subject of a criminal investigation in California by Pasadena police, and MLB said it's conducting its own inquiry, CNBC...
She Says It Was Assault. MLB
Star Says It Was 'Rough' Sex
Jun 30, 2021 7:52 AM CDT
She Says It Was Assault. MLB Star Says It Was 'Rough' Sex
LA Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer claims encounters were 'wholly consensual'
- Last year, Trevor Bauer was named the winner of MLB's Cy Young Award for the National League. Now, the starting pitcher for the Los Angeles Dodgers has been hit with an assault claim by a woman who has since taken out an order of protection against Bauer, her lawyer,...
Ex-Pitcher Charged in
Boys' Crosswalk Deaths
Feb 1, 2021 10:49 AM CST
Ex-Pitcher Charged in Boys' Crosswalk Deaths
Scott Erickson was allegedly racing with woman who hit brothers in suburban LA crosswalk
- Former Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Scott Erickson has been charged with reckless driving in connection to a hit-and-run in Southern California that killed two boys last year, per the AP . The Los Angeles District Attorney's Office said Erickson, 52, has been charged with one misdemeanor count of reckless driving....
Baseball Hall of Fame
Pitcher Don Sutton Dead at 75
Jan 20, 2021 12:05 AM CST
Baseball Hall of Fame Pitcher Don Sutton Dead at 75
The Los Angeles Dodgers legend had cancer
- Don Sutton, a Hall of Fame pitcher who was a stalwart of the Los Angeles Dodgers’ rotation spanning an era from Sandy Koufax to Fernando Valenzuela, died Tuesday, the AP reports. He was 75. The Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, NY, said Sutton died at his home in Rancho...
Dead at 93
Jan 8, 2021 12:43 PM CST
Dodgers Legend Dead at 93
Manager and Hall of Famer Tommy Lasorda led team to 2 World Series
- Tommy Lasorda, the fiery Hall of Fame manager who guided the Los Angeles Dodgers to two World Series titles and later became an ambassador for the sport he loved during his 70-plus years with the franchise, has died at 93. The Dodgers said Friday he had a heart attack at...
Is in Intensive Care
Nov 15, 2020 5:00 PM CST
Tommy Lasorda Is in Intensive Care
The former Los Angeles Dodgers manager is said to be resting comfortably
- Hall of Fame manager Tom Lasorda has been hospitalized in Southern California, the AP reports. The Los Angeles Dodgers said Sunday that their 93-year-old former manager was in intensive care and resting comfortably at a hospital in Orange County. Lasorda lives in Fullerton. He attended the team’s Game 6...
MLB Wraps Investigation
of Celebrant With COVID
Nov 6, 2020 5:20 PM CST
MLB Wraps Investigation of Celebrant With COVID
Justin Turner won't face punishment for joining teammates after testing positive
- Justin Turner will not be disciplined by Major League Baseball for coming onto the field last week to celebrate the World Series title with his Los Angeles Dodgers teammates after testing positive for COVID-19. The third baseman was removed after seven innings of Game 6 against Tampa Bay on Oct....
MLB Confirms Infected
Player 'Refused to Comply'
Oct 29, 2020 1:43 AM CDT
MLB Confirms Infected Player 'Refused to Comply'
Justin Turner violated MLB coronavirus protocols, league says
- Justin Turner's maskless celebration on the field after the Los Angeles Dodgers won the World Series—just two innings after he was pulled from the game due to his coronavirus test coming back positive—was in clear disregard of Major League Baseball's COVID-19 protocols, the league says in...
Dodgers' Player With COVID
Celebrates, Maskless at Times
Oct 28, 2020 8:13 AM CDT
Dodgers' Player With COVID Celebrates, Maskless at Times
LA Dodgers' third baseman Justin Turner went back onto the field
- The good news for the Los Angeles Dodgers on Tuesday night: They won the World Series . The bad news: Third baseman Justin Turner was yanked midway through the game against the Tampa Bay Rays because his COVID-19 test came up positive.
reports that Turner was taken out at...
They're World Series Winners
for the First Time Since 1988
Oct 28, 2020 12:01 AM CDT
They're World Series Winners for the First Time Since 1988
LA Dodgers beat Tampa Bay Rays 3-1 in Game 6
- Mookie Betts streaked home with a go-ahead run and later homered for good measure as the Los Angeles Dodgers won their first World Series championship since 1988, taking advantage of a hotly debated Tampa Bay move to beat the Rays 3-1 in Game 6. The Dodgers posted the best record...
World Series Tied 1-1
Oct 22, 2020 12:33 AM CDT
World Series Tied 1-1
Tampa Bay Rays beat Los Angeles Dodgers 6-4
- Brandon Lowe busted out early and Tampa Bay’s bullpen hung on late. Rays and Dodgers, tied in Texas. Lowe shook loose from his extended postseason slump with two opposite-field home runs, and Tampa Bay held off Los Angeles 6-4 on Wednesday night to square the World Series at one...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Cancer That Kirstie Alley Battled Is Specified
Family of Woman Beheaded by Utah Park Gate Wants $140M
The 'Iconic' Kirstie Alley Is Dead at 71
Trump Hid a Big Loan While President: Forbes
Trump Organization Found Guilty of Tax Fraud
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.