Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
In Hunter Biden's Memoir,
a Stirring Memory of Beau
Mar 31, 2021 11:05 AM CDT
In Hunter Biden's Memoir, a Stirring Memory of Beau
'I love you, I love you, I love you'
- Hunter Biden is out with a memoir, and if you're wondering whether the 51-year-old touches on President Trump, Ukraine, his crack addiction, and his relationship with his late brother's wife, the answer is yes. The book is due to be released next Tuesday, and the AP reports Biden...
New Statements by Outgoing
Barr Won't Please Trump
Dec 21, 2020 11:00 AM CST
New Statements by Outgoing Barr Won't Please Trump
Attorney general says no need for special counsels on election fraud or Hunter Biden
- William Barr's last day as attorney general is Wednesday, and he's going out in a way that surely won't please President Trump. In a news conference Monday, Barr said he saw no reason to appoint a special counsel to investigate claims of election fraud or the business...
Report Won't Help Relations
Between Trump, Barr
Dec 11, 2020 12:34 PM CST
Report Won't Help Relations Between Trump, Barr
AG resisted pressure to reveal Hunter Biden investigations before election: WSJ
- This isn't likely to make President Trump any friendlier toward his attorney general: The
Wall Street Journal
reports William Barr knew about multiple investigations into Hunter Biden's finances since at least spring "and worked to avoid their public disclosure during the heated election campaign." Trump again...
Here's What Hunter Biden
Probe Is Focusing On
Dec 10, 2020 2:00 AM CST
Here's What Hunter Biden Probe Is Focusing On
His business dealings with China, sources say
- The investigation into Hunter Biden's tax affairs centers around business deals with China, a source tells the AP . Specifically, officials are looking into whether the younger Biden and his associates violated any tax or money laundering laws, sources tell CNN . The probe was launched a year before Joe Biden,...
Hunter Biden Says He Is
Facing Federal Investigation
Dec 9, 2020 4:40 PM CST
Hunter Biden Says He Is Facing Federal Investigation
US Attorney's office in Delaware is looking into his tax affairs
- Hunter Biden, son of President-elect Joe Biden, confirmed Wednesday that his tax affairs are under federal investigation. "I learned yesterday for the first time that the US Attorney's Office in Delaware advised my legal counsel, also yesterday, that they are investigating my tax affairs," he said in...
UPS: We Found Tucker
Carlson's Missing Shipment
Oct 29, 2020 1:48 PM CDT
UPS: We Found Tucker Carlson's Missing Shipment
Fox host says documents damaging to Joe and Hunter disappeared while being shipped to him
- Tucker Carlson has been pushing the narrative about alleged corruption involving Joe and Hunter Biden , and he delivered an unusual development on his show Wednesday night. Carlson told viewers that "damning" evidence about the Bidens disappeared in transit to him, reports Fox News . On Thursday afternoon came an update:...
Out on Trump's
Oct 26, 2020 3:20 AM CDT
Putin Speaks Out on Trump's Criticism of Biden Family
He rejects the US president's take on their business dealings
- In comments Reuters calls "less friendly" toward President Trump and possibly attempting to "curry favor" with Joe Biden, Russian President Vladimir Putin on Sunday pushed back against Trump's favored line of attack against his opponent. "Yes, in Ukraine he (Hunter Biden) had or maybe still has...
Trump Brings Notable
Special Guest to Debate
Oct 22, 2020 8:31 PM CDT
Trump Brings Notable Special Guest to Debate
He invites Hunter Biden's former business partner to final showdown
- The second and final debate between President Trump and Joe Biden is underway, this time with one big rule change : A candidate's mic can be muted to ensure his rival can speak. In the first half hour, however, the tone has been civil relative to the first debate.
Giuliani Gives Alleged
Hunter Biden Files to Cops
Oct 21, 2020 2:40 PM CDT
Giuliani Gives Alleged Hunter Biden Files to Cops
They turned device over to Delaware AG's office
- The improbable journey of a laptop that allegedly belonged to Hunter Biden continued this week when Rudy Giuliani on Monday attempted to turn a device over to police in Delaware, who handed it to state authorities, who gave it to federal authorities. "They’ve got a hard drive, or...
Writer Reportedly Wouldn't
Allow Byline on Biden Story
Oct 19, 2020 11:30 AM CDT
Writer Reportedly Wouldn't Allow Byline on Biden Story
Reports say NY Post staffers thought the piece was too 'flimsy'
New York Times
New York Magazine
are out with stories casting doubt on the credibility of a
New York Post
piece on Joe and Hunter Biden. The
, meanwhile, is standing by its story and firing back at critics. The
reports that skepticism about the story, which...
Trump Getting Very Specific
Advice for Upcoming Debate
Oct 19, 2020 6:44 AM CDT
Trump Getting Very Specific Advice for Upcoming Debate
Advisers want him to let Joe Biden speak more
- The final debate between President Trump and Joe Biden takes place Thursday night, and the president's team suggests viewers will see a different tone from him. The key part of the plan is for Trump to interrupt Joe Biden less often , reports Politico . "I do think that President...
Oct 16, 2020 6:53 AM CDT
Reports: Trump Knew Russian Assets Were Using Giuliani
US intelligence found Giuliani was the target of a Russian intelligence operation in Ukraine
- US intelligence agencies warned the White House that Rudy Giuliani was the target of a Russian intelligence operation, and had contact with Russian assets, while in Ukraine last year, according to reports from the
New York Times
. Giuliani visited the country in December seeking information he thought...
Oct 15, 2020 1:38 PM CDT
Controversy Widens Over
Story on Bidens
Senate panel plans to subpoena Twitter CEO over restrictions on story
- The controversy over a
New York Post
story about Joe and Hunter Biden is apparently not going to fade quickly. The Senate Judiciary Committee plans to vote next week to subpoena Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey over the site's decision to restrict tweets and retweets about the story, reports the...
Biden Campaign Feuds
New York Post
Oct 15, 2020 1:07 AM CDT
Biden Campaign Feuds With
New York Post
Over candidate's involvement, or lack thereof, in son's business dealings with Ukraine
New York Post
on Wednesday alleged that Joe Biden was directly involved with son Hunter Biden's business dealings with Ukrainian energy company Burisma Holdings, and the presidential candidate was quick to hit back at the tabloid. The
citing emails it obtained (apparently from a computer repair store...
Watching the 2016 Debates
Offers a Lesson for Biden
Sep 29, 2020 9:45 AM CDT
Watching the 2016 Debates Offers a Lesson for Biden
Don't underestimate the president's effective, unorthodox style, says a Politico analysis
- So how important is Tuesday night's debate ? Oh, it's only "one of the more important moments in American political history," in the view of former Obama adviser David Plouffe. If Joe Biden "has a really strong debate, it doesn't mean the rest of...
His Mind on
Mar 6, 2020 2:23 PM CST
Romney Changes His Mind on Hunter Biden
He will vote for subpoena, paving way for investigation
- Despite his misgivings, Sen. Mitt Romney has decided to vote next week to subpoena records about Hunter Biden's employment for a Ukrainian energy company. As recently as Thursday, Romney had said the Senate Homeland Security Committee shouldn't be investigating Joe Biden's son, Politico reports. A Romney spokeswoman...
Jill Biden Fires Back
at 'Friend' Lindsey Graham
Feb 3, 2020 12:05 PM CST
Jill Biden Fires Back at 'Friend' Lindsey Graham
'I don't know what happened to Lindsey. ... He's changed'
- Lindsey Graham's repeated criticism of Hunter Biden's business dealings in Ukraine appears to have cost him an old friendship. "Well, you know, Lindsey—I don't know what happened to Lindsey," Jill Biden said on CNN Monday. "We used to be great friends and friends...
Trump Lawyers Target
Jan 28, 2020 8:07 AM CST
Trump Lawyers Target Obama, Biden
They argue that the Obama administration was the one that abused power
- Much of the second day of President Trump's impeachment defense focused not on the president's actions, but on the previous administration. In what Politico calls "an alternate-reality impeachment of his political rivals," Trump lawyers Pam Bondi and Eric Herschmann argued that former President Obama and Joe...
Rand Paul to Fellow GOPers:
Careful on Vote in Trump Trial
Jan 16, 2020 8:03 AM CST
Rand Paul to Fellow GOPers: Careful on Vote in Trump Trial
Warns Republican senators their vote on witnesses could threaten their reelection runs
- President Trump's impeachment trial officially begins Thursday in the Senate, and at least four Republican senators will need to vote with Democrats to introduce new evidence and call witnesses such as John Bolton and Mick Mulvaney, per the
. And Kentucky's Rand Paul has a warning for...
Republicans Slam Abrupt
Delay of Impeachment Vote
Dec 13, 2019 6:52 AM CST
Republicans Slam Abrupt Delay of Impeachment Vote
Nadler unexpectedly called recess until Friday
- After a marathon 14-hour debate on articles of impeachment against President Trump Thursday, House Judiciary Committee Chairman Rep. Jerrold Nadler surprised Republicans by abruptly calling a recess. The Democrat said a vote on the articles of impeachment will now take place after the committee reconvenes at 10am Friday, the
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
YouTube Bars Dan Bongino Permanently
Offer From Germany Leaves Mayor in Ukraine 'Speechless'
In Quest for Selfie, Hiker Instead Meets a Tragic Fate
It's Tough to Get Out of Kabul, but These Americans Just Did
Mayor's Brother Sees Salary Cut From $210K to $1
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.