The Grammys are Sunday, and it’s inevitable that you won’t agree with the winners in every category. In Entertainment Weekly, Leah Greenblatt and Simon Vozick-Levinson let us know who will win … versus who should win:
- Album of the Year: Eminem will win for Recovery, but Arcade Fire’s The Suburbs “is an album in the truest sense, not a haphazard collection of singles and filler.”
- Record of the Year: Eminem will take it home again, for "Love the Way You Lie" with Rihanna. But “Nothin’ on You” by B.o.B and Bruno Mars “is the most perfect pop tune of the bunch.”
- Song of the Year: Lady Antebellum can finally snag a win in this category for “Need You Now.” Fair enough, since it’s “both ubiquitous and beloved across genres,” but “how fun would it be to watch a presenter open that envelope and announce Cee Lo's 'F*** You' to an audience of millions?”
- Best New Artist: Drake “is a lock,” but “a quirkier choice” like Florence + the Machine or Esperanza Spalding would be refreshing.
- Best Male Pop Vocal: Michael Jackson's got this one in the bag for “This Is It,” and he deserves it “for sentimental reasons.”
- Video: “This one belongs to the woman who practically makes videos her primary art form,” ie Lady Gaga for “Bad Romance.” And she, “in all her zombie-claw-dancing, hairless-cat-costarring glory,” deserves it.
Click for all the predictions
. (Read more Grammy Awards