Most of us look like this in our passport photos, but most of us are not Prince. The Internet has gone head over heels after the musician tweeted his most recent passport photo last week. A sample of the fawning reaction:
- "Most glamorous passport photo in history," declares the New York Post.
- "Prince's passport picture is so aggressively sexual it should be illegal," Mashable tweets.
- "Forget about Blue Steel. You need to get into this Purple Passion," says CNN. Oh, and let us not forget that Prince is 57: "Get into the skin of this almost 60-year-old man. It is as supple as if he is using a moisturizer made of unicorn tears and all our hopes and dreams."
- Not everyone is exactly surprised by the photo, though: Time's headline is "Prince’s Passport Photo Is the Most Prince Photo of All Time," and E!'s is "Prince's Passport Photo Is Exactly What You Think It Would Look Like."
- Esquire lists the US government's passport photo requirements and notes that Prince clearly exceeds all of them, "Though he might have violated one: The guidelines clearly request a 'neutral facial expression (preferred) or a natural smile.' This photo contains neither. Prince's facial expression is not neutral. In fact, it is capturing the entire spectrum of human emotion."
- Regular people are reacting on Twitter, too. Sample: "EYELINER GOALS."
(Read more Prince