The 90th annual Oscar nominations were announced Tuesday by Tiffany Haddish and Andy Serkis. It was close but no cigar for Guillermo del Toro's lavish monster romance The Shape of Water, which emerged with 13 nominations—just short of tying All About Eve, Titanic, and La La Land's record 14 nominations, reports the AP. But as far as records go, two standouts: Lady Bird filmmaker Greta Gerwig is just the fifth woman nominated in the category, and Mudbound cinematographer Rachel Morrison became the first woman ever nominated for best cinematography. Here's who will be gunning for a gold statue on March 4:
- Best picture: Call Me By Your Name, Darkest Hour, Dunkirk, Get Out, Lady Bird, Phantom Thread, The Post, The Shape of Water, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.
- Best director: Dunkirk, Christopher Nolan; Get Out, Jordan Peele; Lady Bird, Greta Gerwig; Phantom Thread, Paul Thomas Anderson; The Shape of Water, Guillermo del Toro.
- Best actress: Sally Hawkins, The Shape of Water; Frances McDormand, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri; Margot Robbie, I, Tonya; Saoirse Ronan, Lady Bird; Meryl Streep, The Post.
- Best supporting actress: Mary J. Blige, Mudbound; Allison Janney, I, Tonya; Lesley Manville, Phantom Thread; Laurie Metcalf, Lady Bird; Octavia Spencer, The Shape of Water.
- Best actor: Timothee Chalamet, Call Me By Your Name; Daniel Day Lewis, Phantom Thread; Daniel Kaluuya, Get Out; Gary Oldman, Darkest Hour; Denzel Washington, Roman J. Israel, Esq.
- Best supporting actor: William Dafoe, The Florida Project; Woody Harrelson, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri; Richard Jenkins, The Shape of Water; Christopher Plummer, All the Money in the World; Sam Rockwell, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.
- Best song: "Mighty River" from Mudbound; "Mystery of Love" from Call Me By Your Name; "Remember Me" from Coco; "Stand Up for Something" from Marshall; and "This is Me" from The Greatest Showman.
- Best animated film: The Boss Baby, The Breadwinner, Coco, Ferdinand, Loving Vincent.
- Best foreign-language film: Chile's A Fantastic Woman; Russia's Loveless; Lebanon's The Insult; Hungary's On Body and Soul; Sweden's The Square.
- Best original score: Dunkirk, Hans Zimmer; Phantom Thread, Jonny Greenwood; The Shape of Water, Alexandre Desplat; Star Wars: The Last Jedi, John Williams; Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, Carter Burwell.
(Read more Oscars