Anyone who follows movie reviews will probably not be surprised to learn that Holmes & Watson is among the movies leading the way in this year's Razzie nominations, the anti-Oscars given for worst performances. Critics savaged the Sherlock Holmes flick starring Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly. Raunchy puppet movie the Happytime Murders and mob biopic Gotti, with John Travolta, tied Holmes & Watson with six nominations each, per USA Today. The Razzies were particularly political this year, with President Trump nominated as best actor in the documentaries Death of a Nation and Fahrenheit 11/9. Melania Trump and Kellyanne Conway also got nominations. Winners will be announced on Feb. 23. Highlights:
- Worst picture: Gotti, The Happytime Murders, Holmes & Watson, Robin Hood, and Winchester.
- Worst actress: Jennifer Garner, Peppermint; Amber Heard, London Fields; Melissa McCarthy, The Happytime Murders and Life of the Party; Helen Mirren, Winchester; and Amanda Seyfried, The Clapper.
- Worst actor: Johnny Depp (voice), Sherlock Gnomes; Will Ferrell, Holmes & Watson; John Travolta, Gotti; Donald J. Trump (as himself), Death of a Nation and Fahrenheit 11/9; Bruce Willis, Death Wish.
- Worst supporting actor: Jamie Foxx, Robin Hood; Ludacris (voice), Show Dogs; Joel McHale, Happytime Murders; John C. Reilly, Holmes & Watson; Justice Smith, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.
- Worst supporting actress: Kellyanne Conway (as herself), Fahrenheit 11/9; Marcia Gay Harden, Fifty Shades Freed; Kelly Preston, Gotti; Jaz Sinclair, Slender Man; Melania Trump (as herself), Fahrenheit 11/9.
- Full list: The complete list of nominees is at the Hollywood Reporter.
(Read more Razzies