Noah Baumbach's divorce portrait Marriage Story leads the 77th Golden Globes with six nominations including best dramatic motion picture, per the AP. Netflix dominated Monday's nominations with four films vying for best film in the drama and comedy or musical categories: The Irishman, Marriage Story, The Two Popes, and Dolemite Is My Name. Netflix led all companies with 17 total nominations. Martin Scorsese's mob epic The Irishman landed five nominations, including best drama picture, best director for Scorsese, and supporting acting nods for Al Pacino and Joe Pesci. Quentin Tarantino's Once Upon a Time ... in Hollywood also scored five nominations, including best film comedy or musical, and nods for Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio. Tarantino is also up for best director. The awards show is Jan. 5, with Ricky Gervais as host. See the full list of nominees at Vanity Fair. Highlights:
- Best motion picture, drama: The Irishman; Marriage Story; 1917; Joker; The Two Popes.
- Best motion picture, comedy or musical: Dolemite Is My Name; Jojo Rabbit; Knives Out; Once Upon a Time ... in Hollywood; Rocketman.
- Best director: Bong Joon-ho, Parasite; Sam Mendes, 1917; Todd Phillips, Joker; Martin Scorsese, The Irishman; Quentin Tarantino, Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood.
- Best actress in a motion picture, drama: Cynthia Erivo, Harriet; Scarlett Johansson, Marriage Story; Saoirse Ronan, Little Women; Charlize Theron, Bombshell; Renée Zellweger, Judy.
- Best actor in a motion picture, drama: Christian Bale, Ford v Ferrari; Antonio Banderas, Pain and Glory; Adam Driver, Marriage Story; Joaquin Phoenix, Joker; Jonathan Pryce, The Two Popes.
- Best actress in a motion picture, musical or comedy: Awkwafina, The Farewell; Ana de Armas, Knives Out; Beanie Feldstein, Booksmart; Emma Thompson, Late Night; Cate Blanchett, Where’d You Go, Bernadette.
- Best actor in a motion picture, musical or comedy: Daniel Craig, Knives Out; Roman Griffin Davis, Jojo Rabbit; Leonardo DiCaprio, Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood; Taron Egerton, Rocketman; Eddie Murphy, Dolemite Is My Name.
- Best drama TV series: Big Little Lies; The Crown; Killing Eve; The Morning Show; Succession.
- Best comedy TV series: Barry; Fleabag; The Kominsky Method; The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel; The Politician.
- Best limited series or TV movie: Catch-22; Chernobyl; Fosse/Verdon; The Loudest Voice; Unbelievable.
- Best actor in a TV drama: Brian Cox, Succession; Kit Harington, Game of Thrones; Rami Malek, Mr. Robot; Tobias Menzies, The Crown; Billy Porter, Pose.
- Best actress in a TV drama: Jennifer Aniston, The Morning Show; Olivia Colman, The Crown; Jodie Comer, Killing Eve; Nicole Kidman, Big Little Lies; Reese Witherspoon, The Morning Show.
- Best actress in a TV musical or comedy: Christina Applegate, Dead to Me; Rachel Brosnahan, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel; Kirsten Dunst, On Becoming a God in Central Florida; Natasha Lyonne, Russian Doll; Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Fleabag.
- Best actor in a TV musical or comedy: Michael Douglas, The Kominsky Method; Bill Hader, Barry; Ben Platt, The Politician; Paul Rudd, Living With Yourself; Ramy Youssef, Ramy.
- Best animated film: Frozen 2; How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World; The Lion King; Missing Link; Toy Story 4.
(Read more Golden Globes