The Tennessee Titans secured a stunning 9-0 record today and the Indianapolis Colts stole a much-needed win in NFL action:
- The Titans overcame a franchise-low 20-yard rushing game to beat the Chicago Bears 21-14 and stay undefeated, the AP reports.
- Peyton Manning tossed three TD passes in a 24-20 comeback victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers—the last with 3:04 to go, after Ben Roethlisberger's second interception, USA Today reports.
- The Jets recorded the largest victory margin in team history by blowing out the St. Louis Rams, 47-3.
- The San Diego Chargers swatted down a 2-point conversion pass by Tyler Thigpen in the waning seconds of a 20-19 win over the feisty Kansas City Chiefs.
- Adrian Peterson rushed for 192 yards and scored with 2:22 on the clock to secure a 28-27 Minnesota Vikings win over the Green Bay Packers.
- New England Patriots rookie BenJarvus Green-Ellis played his best pro game, rushing for 105 yards as the Pats topped the Buffalo Bills, 20-10.
- Newly signed Daunte Culpepper failed to save the Detroit Lions, who remain winless after a 38-14 thumping to the Jacksonville Jaguars.
For more scores, click on the USA Today
(Read more NFL