Vince Vaughn, once "so money" in Swingers, just isn't living up to his promise—although Hollywood probably feels differently, considering the $63 million plus that his last mediocre film (Couples Retreat) made in its first two weeks. In the Los Angeles Times, Betsy Sharkey lists her top 10 problems with the funnyman:
- Laziness: Need proof? His performances in Four Christmases and Couples Retreat are basically interchangeable.
- Too much Jon Favreau: "It's like watching a married couple bicker and quarrel—but without the makeup sex."
- No drama: He proved he can go beyond comedy in Return to Paradise, so why not explore that more? He could even try playing a villain for once.
- No supporting spots: His few scenes in Mr & Mrs Smith gave the film a little something extra, but now Vaughn only seems to take leading roles.
- No crying: What happened to the softness on display in Old School? And why is he always playing the detached, unable-to-cry guy's guy?
For the complete list, click the link below. (Read more Vince Vaughn