In honor of a new book by Scott Weiland’s ex recalling the couple’s drug-fueled rock and roll escapades, Fox News takes a look at musicians who fought addiction and won:
- Slash, Guns N’ Roses: Addicted to heroin, booze, and women; was scared straight after running down the street naked.
- Anthony Kiedis, Red Hot Chili Peppers: Started doing drugs at 12; cleaned up for the first time after the original Chili Peppers’ guitarist overdosed in 1988, and again in 2000.
- Nikki Sixx, Motley Crue: Once a heroin addict, he now helps teenage addicts through his charity.
- Eric Clapton: Started using heroin after being rejected by Pattie Boyd (the subject of “Layla”); was finally persuaded to clean up after his habit hit $16,000 a week.
- Trey Anastasio, Phish: After his 2006 arrest for DWI and opiate possession, he cleaned toilets and got counseling as part of a drug court treatment program he says saved his life.
(Read more Slash