Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Green Bay Packers
Stories 1 - 20 |
Crazy Jets Game Ends Up
Costing Wisconsin Bar Patrons
Sep 12, 2023 2:14 PM CDT
Crazy Jets Game Ends Up Costing Wisconsin Bar Patrons
Patrons celebrated when Aaron Rodgers left the game, expecting to have their tabs covered
- Buffalo Bills fans weren't the only ones unhappy with the outcome of Monday night's game against the Jets. Bar patrons in Wisconsin ended up pretty bummed, too, after New York won. As WHNT explains, it has to do with the bar's promotion before the season began. Jack'...
Aaron Rodgers Gets
Likely a Pay Cut
Apr 25, 2023 6:16 AM CDT
Aaron Rodgers Gets His Trade—and Likely a Pay Cut
All-star quarterback is traded to the Jets
- The trade everyone in the NFL thought was coming has indeed arrived: The Green Bay Packers have sent Aaron Rodgers to the New York Jets, reports NBC Sports . The 39-year-old Rodgers has spent his entire career in Green Bay until now, racking up one Super Bowl win (2010) and four...
to Ponder Future
Feb 8, 2023 10:25 AM CST
Aaron Rodgers to Ponder Future at 'Darkness Retreat'
It's 4 days and nights in the dark
- Some NFL stars retire, then unretire, then retire, then ... well, you know how that story goes . Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers has decided to take a different approach to determining whether he should stay on the field: He'll be participating in a four-day "darkness retreat," which...
in NFL History
Mar 8, 2022 12:26 PM CST
Aaron Rodgers Just Signed Biggest Deal in NFL History
Quarterback agrees to 4-year, $200M deal with the Green Bay Packers
- Aaron Rodgers has had a controversial and downright strange year. This should make him feel better: The 38-year-old quarterback has signed a four-year, $200 million deal with the Green Bay Packers, and that $50 million-a-year clip makes him the highest paid player in NFL history, reports CBS Sports . Ian Rapoport...
Aaron Rodgers Explains
That Instagram Post
Feb 23, 2022 12:13 PM CST
Aaron Rodgers Explains That Instagram Post
He says rush of gratitude followed 12-day cleanse
- Aaron Rodgers said Tuesday that there was nothing cryptic about a Monday Instagram post that led to plenty of speculation about his future with the Green Bay Packers. "There's nothing cryptic about gratitude," the star quarterback told the
Pat McAfee Show
, explaining that his "Monday Night...
Aaron Rodgers Is Going
Through Some Things Online
Feb 22, 2022 11:49 AM CST
Aaron Rodgers Is Going Through Some Things Online
Green Bay QB gushes over ex Shailene Woodley, leaves 'cryptic' hints on NFL future
- Aaron Rodgers and fiancee Shailene Woodley reportedly split up last week, but it seems the Green Bay Packers quarterback is still processing his feelings, and in a very public way. He also may have dropped a hint about his uncertain NFL future. Page Six reports that the 38-year-old posted an...
Aaron Rodgers' Toe Is Now
the Subject of Discussion
Nov 26, 2021 7:57 AM CST
Aaron Rodgers' Toe Is Now the Subject of Discussion
He made a quip about 'COVID toe,' then clarified it definitely wasn't that
- If you didn't expect to spend part of your week wondering about Aaron Rodgers' toe, welcome to the club. The Green Bay Packers quarterback's digit has been the subject of discussion since Tuesday, when Rodgers appeared on the Pat McAfee show and touched on the toe injury he...
Pay $300, and You Can Tell
People You're an NFL Owner
Nov 16, 2021 12:30 PM CST
Pay $300, and You Can Tell People You're an NFL Owner
Green Bay Packers selling stock in the team again, but buyers get 'bragging rights' only
- The Green Bay Packers are selling stock in the team starting Tuesday, and interested parties can scoop up a share for $300 through February. The team spells out the details here , but the
Wall Street Journal
notes the giant asterisk involved. This isn't stock in the traditional sense. The...
Nov 13, 2021 5:30 PM CST
Packers Activate Rodgers
Quarterback is off the COVID list in time to play Sunday
- The Green Bay Packers said Saturday they've activated Aaron Rodgers, meaning the star quarterback can play in Sunday's game against the Seattle Seahawks. Rogers had been on the NFL's reserve/COVID-19 list since testing positive for the coronavirus last week. He was in quarantine for 10 days, CNN...
Nov 10, 2021 6:48 AM CST
NFL Punishes Aaron Rodgers
News comes after he said he's an athlete, not an activist
Aaron Rodgers has been fined by the NFL for violating the league's COVID-19 protocols. Another Green Bay Packers player, receiver Allen Lazard, was also fined for the same reason, CNN reports. They were found to have attended a Halloween party despite not being vaccinated. They were each fined...
State Farm: Rodgers Has
Been a 'Great Ambassador'
Nov 8, 2021 1:03 PM CST
State Farm: Rodgers Has Been a 'Great Ambassador'
But his ads for the firm haven't been airing much lately
- State Farm is standing by Aaron Rodgers, with its words if not its actions. A company spokeswoman told
Monday that the Green Bay Packers quarterback has been "a great ambassador for our company for much of the past decade," and while State Farm doesn't support...
Nov 7, 2021 6:30 AM CST
Aaron Rodgers Loses Sponsorship Over Vaccine Views
Wisconsin's Prevea Health cuts ties
Aaron Rodgers has lost a major sponsorship over his vaccination controversy . Prevea Health, a health care provider in Wisconsin, is cutting ties with the Green Bay QB, reports
. Rogers tested positive for COVID after going unvaccinated, and in an interview Friday, he challenged the efficacy of the...
After Positive Test,
Aaron Rodgers Is Under Fire
Nov 4, 2021 12:46 PM CDT
After Positive Test, Aaron Rodgers Is Under Fire
Packers QB claimed to be 'immunized,' but he wasn't vaccinated
- When reporters asked Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers in August if he'd been vaccinated, he said, "Yeah, I've been immunized," adding, "There's guys on the team that haven't been vaccinated. I think it's a personal decision." But on Wednesday, NFL....
$1M in Bitcoin
Nov 2, 2021 2:01 AM CDT
Aaron Rodgers Giving Away $1M in Bitcoin
The Green Bay Packers quarterback announces partnership with CashApp
- Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers is investing in cryptocurrency in a big way. "I’m pumped to share that I’ve recently teamed with CashApp," he said in a video shared on Twitter on Monday, per Yahoo Sports . "They’ve enabled me to take part of...
Apr 6, 2021 2:20 PM CDT
Rodgers Gets Packers Humor From Contestant on
Answer references a painful coach's decision during NFC championship game
- Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers got quite the surprise in his first episode as a guest host of
Contestant Scott Shewfelt was stumped on the final question of the episode that aired Monday, the AP reports. He decided to reply by referencing a controversial Packers strategic decision in...
Jodie Foster Wins
Thanks Aaron Rodgers
Mar 1, 2021 9:35 AM CST
Jodie Foster Wins Award, Inexplicably Thanks Aaron Rodgers
There's actually a backstory, and it started with the Green Bay Packers QB
- It started with a weird shoutout from Aaron Rodgers last month, when the MVP award was bestowed on him at the NFL Honors show and he thanked, of all people, Jodie Foster. When the topic was broached during Foster's appearance not long after on Jimmy Kimmel's late-night show,...
After Untimely Fumble,
Player Gets Death Threats
Nov 23, 2020 1:38 PM CST
After Untimely Fumble, Player Gets Death Threats
'You people are sick,' says Packers' Marquez Valdes-Scantling
- Marquez Valdes-Scantling of the Green Bay Packers fumbled the ball in overtime Sunday, which led to his team's loss to Indianapolis. Apparently, even a pandemic and a volatile election weren't enough to help some fans keep things in perspective. "Death threats over a football game?" tweeted Valdes-Scantling...
Packers' 'Golden Boy' Was
a Scoring Threat 4 Ways
Nov 13, 2020 5:40 PM CST
Packers' 'Golden Boy' Was a Scoring Threat 4 Ways
Hall of Famer Paul Hornung won series of championships under Vince Lombardi
- Paul Hornung, the dazzling "Golden Boy" of the Green Bay Packers whose singular ability to generate points as a runner, receiver, quarterback and kicker helped turn the team into an NFL dynasty, died Friday. He was 84 and lived in Louisville, the AP reports. "Paul was above all...
Ellen Sat Next to Dubya at a
Football Game. Then, Backlash
Oct 8, 2019 7:11 AM CDT
Ellen Sat Next to Dubya at a Football Game. Then, Backlash
After criticism, DeGeneres explained it's OK to be friends with people who have different beliefs
- Celebrity, politics, and sports merged into one headline Monday after a flap over an NFL game that Ellen DeGeneres went to this weekend. The 61-year-old talk show host and her wife, Portia de Rossi, went to the Dallas Cowboys-Green Bay Packers game on Sunday as the guest of Charlotte Jones,...
Packers Great Bart Starr Dies
May 26, 2019 11:20 AM CDT
Packers Great Bart Starr Dies
Quarterback led Green Bay to two Super Bowl victories
- Bart Starr, the gentlemanly quarterback and catalyst of Vince Lombardi's powerhouse Green Bay Packers teams of the 1960s whose sneak won the famed "Ice Bowl" in 1967, has died. He was 85. The Packers announced Starr's death Sunday, citing his family, the AP reports. He had been...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Husband, Mom of Woman Killed on Wedding Night in Ugly Legal Fight
Judge Sentences Woman to Work in Fast Food Restaurant
Congress' $7.5B for EV Chargers Has Yielded Zero Chargers
Gunman Kills 3 at UNLV, Critically Wounds Another
Kevin McCarthy to Exit the House at Month's End
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.