Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
8 Infant Deaths
Linked to Sleeper
Jan 10, 2023 3:00 PM CST
8 Infant Deaths Linked to Sleeper Happened
CPSC repeats warning to stop using Fisher-Price Rock 'n Play sleeper immediately
- The Consumer Product Safety Commission has issued a grim update on the Fisher-Price Rock 'n Play Sleeper, which was r ecalled in 2019 : The agency says the deaths of 100 infants have now been linked to the sleeper, including at least eight that occurred after the recall was issued....
Samsung Issues Recall
of 664K Washing Machines
Dec 23, 2022 4:15 PM CST
Samsung Issues Recall of 664K Washing Machines
Software update can eliminate fire hazard, manufacturer says
- Saying it has received 51 reports from consumers of "smoking, melting, overheating or fire" involving several models of top-loading washers, Samsung has announced a recall of almost 664,000 of the machines. Owners of the 14 recalled models should stop using them immediately, according to the notice by the...
Target Recalls Weighted
Blankets After Girls' Deaths
Dec 22, 2022 3:50 PM CST
Target Recalls Weighted Blankets After Girls' Deaths
Pair suffocated with Pillowfort product
- Target is recalling more than 200,000 weighted blankets after a pair of young girls suffocated earlier this year, reports CBS News . The recall involves 204,000 Pillowfort blankets, the chain and the Consumer Product Safety Commission said Thursday. The recall notice warns that a "young child can become...
That Cute Minnie Outfit
You Bought May Be
Chock-Full of Lead
Dec 3, 2022 9:30 AM CST
That Cute Minnie Outfit You Bought May Be Chock-Full of Lead
Bentex recalls 87K Disney-themed clothing sets sold on Amazon, in TJ Maxx
- A manufacturer of children's apparel has issued a recall of 87,000 Disney-themed outfits due to a risk of lead poisoning. The clothing sets made by Bentex—which feature characters such as Minnie Mouse, Baby Yoda, and Winnie the Pooh—were sold on Amazon and at TJ Maxx and...
Recall: 10K Sippy Cups
Apparently Contain Lead
Nov 29, 2022 5:01 AM CST
Recall: 10K Sippy Cups Apparently Contain Lead
Green Sprouts says in the future, lead will not be used as a soldering material
- About 10,500 toddler sippy cups have been recalled due to a risk of lead poisoning. Green Sprouts says its 6-ounce Stainless Steel Sippy Cup, Sip & Straw Cup, and 8-ounce Stainless Steel Straw Bottle are affected by the recall, NPR reports. The bottom of the base can break off...
Clorox Recalls Cleaning
Products Due to ... Bacteria?
Oct 26, 2022 6:11 AM CDT
Clorox Recalls Cleaning Products Due to ... Bacteria?
Pine-Sol products, though not the original, are recalled
- If you're thinking of wiping down your kitchen with that bottle of Pine-Sol all-purpose cleaner under your sink—stop. It may contain bacteria that could cause serious illness in people with compromised immune systems. The Clorox Company said Tuesday it has recalled its scented multi-surface cleaners and all-purpose cleaners,...
Recall of Sleep
Is Not Going Well
Oct 25, 2022 1:27 PM CDT
Recall of Sleep Apnea Device Is Not Going Well
Millions affected by exposure to potentially harmful chemicals
- A massive recall of millions of sleep apnea machines has stoked anger and frustration among patients, and US officials are weighing legal action to speed a replacement effort that is set to drag into next year. Sound-dampening foam in the pressurized breathing machines can break down over time, leading users...
Introducing Capri Sun,
Cleaning Solution Flavor
Aug 16, 2022 8:08 AM CDT
Introducing Capri Sun, Cleaning Solution Flavor
Nearly 6K cases of Wild Cherry being recalled after possible contamination with cleaning solution
- "Respect the pouch" probably doesn't apply if what's inside the pouch is infused with cleaning solution. That's the dilemma Kraft Heinz is currently facing with its Capri Sun drink packs, and why the company has issued a voluntary recall of its fruity beverage popular with kids....
TJ Maxx Fined $13M
for Selling Recalled Items
Aug 3, 2022 2:19 AM CDT
TJ Maxx Fined $13M for Selling Recalled Items
Sleepers had been linked to baby deaths
- From March 2014 to October 2019, TJ Maxx and its sister stores sold products that were included in 21 different recalls, including some of the baby products that have been linked to infant deaths—and their parent company will pay $13 million for doing so. TJX Companies agreed to the...
Customers Miffed at Meal
Delivery Brand Over Its Lentils
Jun 20, 2022 12:12 PM CDT
Customers Miffed at Meal Delivery Brand Over Its Lentils
Daily Harvest recalls dish said to cause gastrointestinal issues; some claim a slow response
- Daily Harvest's mission, as seen on its website , is "to make it really easy to eat more fruits + vegetables every day." But some consumers didn't find things easy at all after scarfing down one of the meal-delivery service's lentil-based dishes, and now the company...
Adult Portable Bed Rails
Linked to Asphyxiation, Deaths
Jun 7, 2022 3:00 AM CDT
Adult Portable Bed Rails Linked to Asphyxiation, Deaths
Certain models have been recalled
- Thousands of adult portable bed rails have been recalled in recent months, and the Consumer Product Safety Commission just added two more brands to the growing list after reports of three deaths between 2006 and 2013. Meant as a safety device, some bed rails carry a risk of asphyxiation if...
92 Tons of Popular
May 28, 2022 6:30 AM CDT
92 Tons of Popular Topping Recalled
Smithfield issues warning on 185K pounds of ready-to-eat bacon bits
- Better check those bacon bits before you sprinkle them on your salad. WKRC reports there's a "massive" recall underway after Smithfield Packaged Meats Corp. warned its ready-to-eat topping may be contaminated with metal. Per a release from the USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service, the 5-pound packages...
2 Big Recalls From
2 Major Automakers
Apr 2, 2022 10:30 AM CDT
2 Big Recalls From 2 Major Automakers
Ford is pulling back 737K vehicles over braking, oil leaks; GM 681K vehicles for wiper issues
- While it may have been unfortunate timing, Ford's April Fools' Day announcement was the real deal: The auto manufacturer is recalling more than 737,000 vehicles for two separate issues. Per the AP , about 345,000 Ford Escape SUVs (years 2020 through 2022) and the 2021-22 versions of the...
161K Pounds of Peanut Butter
Recalled Due to Steel Fragments
Apr 1, 2022 1:23 AM CDT
161K Pounds of Peanut Butter Recalled Due to Steel Fragments
Skippy issues voluntary recall
- Got a jar of Skippy peanut butter in your pantry? You might want to check the date on the lid, because for some jars, there's a small chance stainless steel fragments from a piece of manufacturing equipment may have made their way into the PB. For that reason, Skippy...
Fitbit Recall Follows
Mar 2, 2022 10:20 AM CST
Fitbit Recall Follows 3rd-Degree Burns
Owners of 1.7 million Ionic smartwatches to get $299 refund
- Be ready to check your Fitbit smartwatch—or your wrist for a burn. Fitbit is recalling 1.7 million smartwatches due to burn risk tied to the overheating of the lithium-ion battery contained inside its Ionic smartwatch, with the model number FB503 on the back, the US Consumer Product Safety...
FDA Updates Baby Formula
Warning After Second Death
Mar 1, 2022 4:26 PM CST
FDA Updates Baby Formula Warning After Second Death
Abbott's Similac, Similac Alimentum, EleCare from Mich. plant tied to deadly bacteria
: The Food and Drug Administration has updated its warning on infant formulas made at a Michigan plant after the death of another child. The FDA warned against using Similac PM 60/40 with lot code 27032K800 on the case and 27032K80 on the can, NPR reports. Manufacturer Abbott said in...
at Family Dollar Site
Lead to Closures, Recall
Feb 22, 2022 7:26 AM CST
'Unacceptable' Visitors at Family Dollar Site Lead to Closures, Recall
Rat infestation at Ark. distribution center forces 400-plus stores to close in South, product recall
- Bad news if you're a regular at Family Dollar and you're in the South: Chances are, a location near you may be shuttered temporarily after a rat infestation at an Arkansas distribution warehouse. The
reports that 404 stores in six states—Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri,...
New Woes on the
P&G Recall Front
Dec 21, 2021 8:45 AM CST
New Woes on the P&G Recall Front
Last month it was aerosol antiperspirants, over benzene; now it's various hair care products
First it was Procter & Gamble's antiperspirants. Now the company is recalling nearly three dozen dry shampoos, dry conditioners, and other hair care products, after "unexpected levels" of benzene, a cancer-causing chemical, were found in them, reports NBC News . In a Friday Food and Drug Administration release...
2 Die After
Using Bed Rails
Dec 7, 2021 3:26 AM CST
2 Die After Using Bed Rails
Product for adults has been recalled
- A type of portable bed rail for adults is being voluntarily recalled by Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare following the deaths of two people who were using the rails. Four different models of the company's Bed Assist Handle and Bed Assist Rail are being recalled, NPR reports. A 93-year-old California woman...
After 8 Babies Die
Sep 23, 2021 2:00 PM CDT
Pillows Recalled After 8 Babies Die
Boppy Company issues warning about three versions after suffocations
- The Boppy Company is recalling three versions of its baby pillows marketed as "loungers" following the deaths of eight infants, reports
. The models affected are Boppy Original Newborn Loungers, Boppy Preferred Newborn Loungers, and Pottery Barn Kids Boppy Newborn Loungers, according to a release from the Consumer...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
US Downs Chinese Balloon Off South Carolina Coast
Now There's a 2nd Balloon, per Pentagon
This Reporter Followed George Santos Around for 16 Hours
A Vital Mineral Deposit Could Bring Big Change to Nebraska Village
2 Arrested After Shooting That Left 6 Dead, Including Infant
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.