Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
New Woes on the
P&G Recall Front
Dec 21, 2021 8:45 AM CST
New Woes on the P&G Recall Front
Last month it was aerosol antiperspirants, over benzene; now it's various hair care products
First it was Procter & Gamble's antiperspirants. Now the company is recalling nearly three dozen dry shampoos, dry conditioners, and other hair care products, after "unexpected levels" of benzene, a cancer-causing chemical, were found in them, reports NBC News . In a Friday Food and Drug Administration release...
2 Die After
Using Bed Rails
Dec 7, 2021 3:26 AM CST
2 Die After Using Bed Rails
Product for adults has been recalled
- A type of portable bed rail for adults is being voluntarily recalled by Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare following the deaths of two people who were using the rails. Four different models of the company's Bed Assist Handle and Bed Assist Rail are being recalled, NPR reports. A 93-year-old California woman...
After 8 Babies Die
Sep 23, 2021 2:00 PM CDT
Pillows Recalled After 8 Babies Die
Boppy Company issues warning about three versions after suffocations
- The Boppy Company is recalling three versions of its baby pillows marketed as "loungers" following the deaths of eight infants, reports
. The models affected are Boppy Original Newborn Loungers, Boppy Preferred Newborn Loungers, and Pottery Barn Kids Boppy Newborn Loungers, according to a release from the Consumer...
CPAP Recall Puts Sleep Apnea
Sufferers in a Scary Position
Aug 16, 2021 4:02 AM CDT
CPAP Recall Puts Sleep Apnea Sufferers in a Scary Position
Millions struggle to replace device that keeps them breathing at night
- As many as 2 million people in the US use CPAP breathing machines made by Philips that have been recalled—and they're struggling to get the machines fixed or replaced. The company recalled a number of CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) machines as well as BiPAP (bilevel positive airway...
Johnson & Johnson Sunscreen
Recall Affects 5 Products
Jul 15, 2021 1:00 AM CDT
Johnson & Johnson Sunscreen Recall Affects 5 Products
Consumers advised to stop using these Neutrogena, Aveeno aerosol sunscreens
- Check your sunscreen bottles: Johnson & Johnson is recalling five of its products due to the presence of benzene, a chemical known to cause cancer. The voluntary recall affects all can sizes and SPF levels of Aveeno Protect + Refresh aerosol sunscreen plus four Neutrogena sunscreens: Beach Defense aerosol sunscreen,...
Fisher-Price Didn't Heed
Rock 'n Play Warnings.
50 Babies Died
Jun 8, 2021 2:03 AM CDT
Fisher-Price Didn't Heed Rock 'n Play Warnings. 50 Babies Died
New report comes to damning conclusion on inclined sleeper
- On the heels of the latest Fisher-Price recall comes a damning report from a congressional oversight committee about the company's 2019 recall of the Rock 'n Play Sleeper . Fisher-Price and parent company Mattel ignored multiple warnings that the product was dangerous, the Committee on Oversight and Reform found...
to Recall by
Jun 4, 2021 4:30 PM CDT
Deaths Lead to Recall by Fisher-Price
Thousands Rock 'n Glide and Soothe 'n Play gliders have been sold in US
- Calling the deaths of four infants heartbreaking, Fisher-Price has announced a recall of its 4-in-1 Rock 'n Glide Soothers. The Consumer Product Safety Commission said the infants were reportedly put in the products on their back, unrestrained, and later were found lying on their stomachs. The children who died...
Recall Affects 750K Pounds
of Hot Pockets
Jan 17, 2021 1:15 PM CST
Recall Affects 750K Pounds of Hot Pockets
Certain batches could contain glass or hard plastic, Nestle says
- More than 750,000 pounds of Hot Pockets are being recalled because of the possibility they contain "pieces of glass and hard plastic." The recall of the Nestle product was announced by the Department of Agriculture . The frozen food could "pose a choking or laceration risk and...
With 70 Dogs Now Dead,
Pet Food Recall Expanded
Jan 13, 2021 4:00 AM CST
With 70 Dogs Now Dead, Pet Food Recall Expanded
Midwestern Pet Foods recall more products containing corn due to possible toxin
- More than 70 dogs have now died and more than 80 others are sick as a pet food company expands the recall it first instituted in December . Midwestern Pet Foods says in a statement that "additional corn-containing lot codes of Sportmix, Pro Pac Originals, Splash, Sportstrail, and Nunn Better...
Got a Ceiling Fan
From Home Depot?
You Need to
Dec 29, 2020 1:40 AM CST
Got a Ceiling Fan From Home Depot? You Need to Read This
Blades can detach, leading to recall
- Between April and October of this year, 182,000 Americans and 8,800 Canadians purchased a particular ceiling fan at Home Depot or on its website. Now, those thousands are being asked to return them for a fairly scary reason: The blades can detach, NBC News reports. The company that...
Recall Issued After
Burn 99 People
Nov 25, 2020 5:05 PM CST
Recall Issued After Faulty Crockpots Burn 99 People
Consumers are urged to stop using the model immediately
- People thinking of using a certain crockpot as a pressure cooker for Thanksgiving meals should set them aside immediately, the Consumer Product Safety Commission says. Sunbeam Products is recalling its Crock-Pot 6-Quart Express Crock Multi-Cookers because of a problem with the lid that has caused at least 99 injuries, including...
Why Ring Is Recalling
350K of Its Doorbells
Nov 11, 2020 2:40 AM CST
Why Ring Is Recalling 350K of Its Doorbells
They can ignite if installed incorrectly
- Got a Ring doorbell? You may want to check what version, as the popular smart device can apparently be a fire hazard—if installed incorrectly. The company is recalling 350,000 of its doorbells (only the second generation is impacted, per CNN ) after reports that 23 of them caught...
Hasbro Warns: Take These
Water Guns Away From Kids
Aug 21, 2020 12:40 AM CDT
Hasbro Warns: Take These Water Guns Away From Kids
53K Super Soakers recalled due to lead risk
- Squirt guns: the perfect activity for a summer stuck at home, right? Well, not so much for the thousands of people who bought two particular styles of Nerf's Super Soaker water guns between March and July of this year at Target. Hasbro is recalling 52,900 Super Soaker XP20...
Linked to Mushrooms
Takes 4 Lives
Mar 11, 2020 5:00 PM CDT
Listeria Outbreak Linked to Mushrooms Takes 4 Lives
Enoki mushrooms from Korea are being recalled over the outbreak
- Do not eat enoki mushrooms from Sun Hong Foods. That's the message from the FDA , which says the company is recalling the mushrooms in question due to a listeria outbreak that has killed four people (in California, Hawaii, and New Jersey) and hospitalized 30 others. The outbreak also resulted...
Yet More Dressers
Mar 4, 2020 11:41 AM CST
Ikea Recalling Yet More Dressers
This time around, it's the Kullen that can tip over
- Ikea is recalling 820,000 more dressers, adding to the 17.3 million it recalled in 2016. Once again the recall is due to the risk of the dressers tipping over, but this time around it's the three-drawer Kullen model being recalled; in 2016 it was the Malm model....
Feb 8, 2020 7:30 AM CST
Baby Carriers Sold Through Amazon, Target Recalled
Buckle can break on Infantino product, meaning the baby can tumble out
- Baby carriers literally have one job—to carry babies—which is why a recall announced by the Consumer Product Safety Commission is particularly alarming.
reports that around 14,000 Infantino baby carriers made in China and sold at Target and through Amazon have been recalled because their buckles...
Ikea Settles for $46M
in Toddler's Death
Jan 6, 2020 6:07 PM CST
Ikea Settles for $46M in Toddler's Death
Recalled dresser toppled over on Jozef Dudek
- The parents of a 2-year-old California boy who was killed when an Ikea dresser tipped over and suffocated him have reached a $46 million settlement with the company. Jozef Dudek died in 2017, USA Today reports. "We miss him so much," his mother, Joleen, said Monday. The Dudeks...
J&J Recalls Baby Powder
Oct 18, 2019 2:50 PM CDT
J&J Recalls Baby Powder
Company to offer refunds on 33K bottles after tests found traces of asbestos
- Johnson & Johnson on Friday recalled a single batch of its baby powder as a precaution after government testing found trace amounts of asbestos in one bottle bought online. The recalled lot consists of 33,000 bottles distributed last year. J&J said the Food and Drug Administration found minuscule...
General Mills Recalls
Gold Medal Flour
Sep 17, 2019 12:13 PM CDT
General Mills Recalls Gold Medal Flour
5-pound bags of unbleached variety have E. coli concerns
- It may not be the first product that comes to mind in regard to E. coli dangers, but another brand of flour has been recalled for just that reason. General Mills has issued a voluntary recall of 5-pound bags of Gold Medal Unbleached All Purpose Flour, per the FDA . The...
'Undeclared Allergens' Lead
to Frozen Meatball Recall
Jul 27, 2019 8:30 AM CDT
'Undeclared Allergens' Lead to Frozen Meatball Recall
Yanked off shelves: 53K pounds of Cooked Perfect brand meatballs by Home Market Foods
- If spaghetti night is coming up, you might want to check your meatballs first.
reports that a product recall has been issued for more than 53,000 pounds of frozen pork and beef meatballs made by the Massachusetts-based Home Market Foods. A release from the USDA's Food...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
At 63, Gabriel Garcia Marquez Had an Affair—and a Daughter
Pastor Warns Things 'Might Get Nasty.' They Did
Giant Swing in Polls Doesn't Bode Well for Democrats
Focus Returns to a Maskless Justice Gorsuch
After Assault, Nurse Dies in Same Hospital She Served
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.