We’ve seen lots of celebrities crash and burn in endeavors outside the area where they’ve made their mark; from James Brady Ryan, a look at the top five crossover successes:
- Zooey Deschanel: Following the acting-to-singing trail blazed by “the mostly bland J.Lo, the horrendous Lindsay Lohan, the dog-howlingly awfulness of Paris Hilton,” Deschanel’s band She & Him “produced an album that was sweet, well-crafted, and flat-out catchy.”
- Danica McKellar: “An entire generation’s first crush as Winnie Cooper on The Wonder Years” was a math major at UCLA and is now the author of books pushing girls to get into math and science.
- Al Franken: Transition from Saturday Night Live to the Senate is well documented.
- Tom Ford: Gucci’s creative director has gotten good reviews for directing an adaptation of Christopher Isherwood’s short story, A Single Man.
- Sasha Grey: Moving from porn to mainstream acting in Steven Soderbergh’s The Girlfriend Experience showed “she was a force to be reckoned with.”
(Read more entertainment