Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
University of Idaho
Stories 1 - 20 |
Alibi Revealed, Sort Of
Aug 4, 2023 12:30 AM CDT
Bryan Kohberger's Alibi Revealed, Sort Of
He was out for a drive the night 4 Idaho students were killed, lawyers say
- Bryan Kohberger's lawyers suggested the suspect in the stabbing murders of four University of Idaho students had an alibi, and prosecutors demanded to know what it was . Now Kohberger's attorneys are responding, but they're not saying much: They filed an objection to the prosecutors' request that they...
University Agrees to Delay
Demolition of Murder Site
Jul 13, 2023 5:41 AM CDT
University Agrees to Delay Demolition of Murder Site
Lawyers for families of Idaho victims said jurors in Bryan Kohberger trial might need to see it
- Residents of Moscow, Idaho, are going to have to live with a grim reminder of four gruesome murders for a few months longer. The University of Idaho has decided to delay the demolition of the home where four students were stabbed to death in November, NBC reports. After the murders,...
Bryan Kohberger's Lawyers:
Survivor Has 'Exculpatory' Info
Apr 26, 2023 4:49 PM CDT
Bryan Kohberger's Lawyers: Survivor Has 'Exculpatory' Info
Bethany Funke is fighting subpoena to return to Idaho to testify
- After four of her roommates were killed in a November stabbing, Bethany Funke moved home to Reno, Nevada. Now, attorneys for Bryan Kohberger, who has been charged with murdering the four University of Idaho students, have requested that she return to Idaho to testify at a June preliminary hearing. An...
Search Records in
Idaho Murders Unsealed
Feb 28, 2023 5:31 PM CST
Search Records in Idaho Murders Unsealed
Dark clothing was seized after Bryan Kohberger's arrest in Pennsylvania
- Law enforcement officials seized dark clothing, medical gloves, a flashlight, and other items from a Pennsylvania home where they arrested a graduate student charged with stabbing four University of Idaho students to death, according to newly unsealed court documents. The records were made public Tuesday, two months after state police...
After Idaho Murders,
a 'Healing Step'
Feb 25, 2023 9:00 AM CST
After Idaho Murders, a 'Healing Step'
House where 4 University of Idaho students were killed is to be demolished, per the school
- The off-campus home where four University of Idaho students were slain last year has been given to the school by its owner, and the school plans to knock it down. A university spokeswoman tells the
that the demolition will take place before the end of the spring semester....
Ate at Restaurant Where
2 Victims Worked
Jan 20, 2023 12:36 AM CST
Kohberger Allegedly Ate at Restaurant Where 2 Victims Worked
And he also allegedly followed 3 of the victims on Instagram
- At least two times before allegedly murdering four University of Idaho students, the suspect visited the restaurant where two of the victims worked, or so a former employee tells
. He ordered vegan pizza from the Mad Greek in Moscow, Idaho, per the source. Madison Mogen and Xana Kernodle were...
Police List Items Found
at Kohberger's Apartment
Jan 18, 2023 6:10 PM CST
Police List Items Found at Kohberger's Apartment
Released search warrant documents provide details
- Court documents released Wednesday for the first time provided a list of items police found when they searched the Washington state apartment of Bryan Kohberger, who's charged in the slayings of four University of Idaho students. Stained mattress covers, several possible hair strands, a black glove, a blotched pillow,...
As a Teenager,
Said He Felt
Jan 13, 2023 5:15 PM CST
As a Teenager, Idaho Suspect Said He Felt 'Little Remorse'
Bryan Kohberger wrote 'I am blank' in a mental health forum
- Online posts from Bryan Kohberger's teenage years portray an isolated, troubled youth who lacked emotion, including remorse, and felt like he was watching his life play out in a video game. The man charged in the stabbing deaths of four University of Idaho students in November once posted that...
Cops: Idaho Housemate Had
Chilling Encounter With Killer
Jan 5, 2023 12:39 PM CST
Cops: Idaho Housemate Had Chilling Encounter With Killer
Court documents also say DNA on knife sheath at scene is that of suspect Bryan Kohberger
- Newly released court documents shed new light on the arrest of suspect Bryan Kohberger in the murder of four University of Idaho students —along with a chilling encounter involving one of the surviving roommates. Standout details from the probable cause affidavit:
Investigators say DNA found on a knife
Assistant DA Has Theory on
Kohberger Waiving Extradition
Jan 4, 2023 11:58 AM CST
Assistant DA Has Theory on Kohberger Waiving Extradition
He thinks Bryan Kohberger wants to know what's in court documents
- The man accused of killing four University of Idaho students in November is being moved from Pennsylvania to Idaho to face first-degree murder and burglary charges. The AP reports officials on Wednesday morning confirmed Bryan Kohberger left a Pennsylvania jail in state police custody, though precise details of his transfer...
Kohberger Waives Right
to Fight Extradition
Jan 3, 2023 3:26 PM CST
Kohberger Waives Right to Fight Extradition
Murder suspect showed little emotion during brief hearing in Pennsylvania
- Bryan Kohberger has waived his right to fight extradition to Idaho, where he is accused of murdering four University of Idaho students in November. The 28-year-old suspect was taken to Pennsylvania’s Monroe County Courthouse in a prison van Tuesday and did not answer reporters' questions, CNN reports. The AP...
Idaho Murder Suspect's
Parents, Sisters Speak
Jan 2, 2023 12:15 AM CST
Idaho Murder Suspect's Parents, Sisters Speak
In a statement, they reference their attempt to 'promote his presumption of innocence'
- The family of Bryan Kohberger, the man accused of stabbing to death four University of Idaho students, has released a public statement. "First and foremost we care deeply for the four families who have lost their precious children," began the statement from Kohberger's parents and two sisters...
In Idaho Case, a College
Project Now Looks Disturbing
Dec 31, 2022 9:00 AM CST
In Idaho Case, a College Project Now Looks Disturbing
Bryan Kohberger asked criminals in survey to explain why they chose their victims
- The arrest of a suspect in the baffling murder of four students at the University of Idaho has brought relief to the community but few answers about motive. Bryan Christopher Kohberger, 28, a grad student at nearby Washington State University, appears to have no connection to the four stabbing victims—...
Suspect Arrested in Murder
of 4 Idaho Students
Dec 30, 2022 1:49 PM CST
Suspect Arrested in Murder of 4 Idaho Students
28-year-old is in custody in Pennsylvania
This summary has been updated with new information.
Police have made an arrest in the slaying of four University of Idaho students , reports the AP and CNN . Arrest paperwork filed by Pennsylvania State Police said Bryan Christopher Kohberger, 28, was being held for extradition based on an arrest warrant for...
In Idaho Killings, Professor
Sues a Tarot Card Reader
Dec 25, 2022 9:15 AM CST
In Idaho Killings, Professor Sues a Tarot Card Reader
TikToker Ashley Guillard blames head of history department for killings of four students
- Police still have no idea who killed four University of Idaho students last month. But a TikTok personality has begun publicly blaming the head of the school's history department—based not on evidence but on her readings of tarot cards, reports NBC News . As a result, the history professor...
Another Dead-End in
Idaho Murder Investigation
Dec 21, 2022 5:01 AM CST
Another Dead-End in Idaho Murder Investigation
Hyundai Elantra found in Eugene, Oregon, is not related to slayings of 4 students
- The Hyundai Elantra found abandoned in Oregon is not related to the baffling murders of four University of Idaho students last month, police say. "The vehicle was involved in a collision and subsequently impounded. The vehicle is registered out of Colorado and the female owner is not believed to...
Clue Cited in Idaho Slayings
Spurs Avalanche of Tips: Cops
Dec 9, 2022 11:03 AM CST
Clue Cited in Idaho Slayings Spurs Avalanche of Tips: Cops
'Overwhelming' number of tips have come in regarding white car spotted near students' home
- A car seen near the off-campus home where four University of Idaho students were slain last month is the latest possible clue in the case, and it's one that has spurred what CNN reports is an "overwhelming" number of tips. On Wednesday, the Moscow Police Department noted that...
Idaho Cops Seek Car
That Was Near Home
Where Students Were Slain
Dec 8, 2022 7:07 AM CST
Idaho Cops Seek Car That Was Near Home Where Students Were Slain
Vehicle was in the area of the home where Idaho murders took place Nov. 13
- Developments have been scant in the case of four University of Idaho students stabbed to death last month, but on Wednesday, police added a new detail to the mystery: A white Hyundai Elantra made between 2011 and 2013 was near the off-campus home where the students were slain in...
Idaho Police Seek
'Puzzle Pieces' in
Dec 6, 2022 6:08 PM CST
Idaho Police Seek 'Puzzle Pieces' in Quadruple Murder
They want to know more about movements of Ethan Chapin, Xana Kernodle
- More than three weeks after the murders of four University of Idaho students, no arrests have been made and police are still trying to fill in pieces of the puzzle. Idaho State Police spokesman Aaron Snell tells ABC that the movements of Ethan Chapin and Xana Kernodle on the night...
Cops Issue 'Clarification' on
Murder of Idaho Students
Dec 1, 2022 10:00 AM CST
Cops Issue 'Clarification' on Murder of Idaho Students
Police say they're not sure if University of Idaho classmates were targeted
- The four University of Idaho students murdered Nov. 13 might not have been targeted after all, according to the Moscow Police Department. The Latah County Prosecutor's Office recently said one or more attackers "specifically looked at this [off-campus] residence" and "one or more of the occupants were...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Trump's Comment Sparks Steps by Milley
Dianne Feinstein Is Dead at 90
27 Years After Tupac Shakur Killing, a Murder Charge
16-Year-Old Arrested After Felling of Iconic Tree
House Approves Amendment to Make Defense Secretary's Salary $1
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.