Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
A 'Sweet Deal' for Ex-Cop in George Floyd Case
Stories 1 - 20 |
Lydia Ko's Honesty Leaves
May 3, 2022 5:37 PM CDT
Lydia Ko's Honesty Leaves Reporter Speechless
She was praised for speaking openly on a topic many would rather avoid
- Golf pro Lydia Ko had a pretty good day at the Palos Verdes Championship, finishing one-under 70 for third place. Midway through the final round, however, she was seen receiving treatment from her physical therapist. In a follow-up interview, Golf Channel reporter Jerry Foltz asked whether there was any cause...
At Masters, Scheffler Does
What Only One Man Has Done
Apr 10, 2022 9:03 PM CDT
At Masters, Scheffler Does What Only One Man Has Done
He joins Ian Woosnam as only players to win a major in their debut at No. 1 in the world
- That new No. 1 ranking for Scottie Scheffler looks even better in a Masters green jacket. Two months after Scheffler finally broke through for his first PGA Tour victory, he capped off a most incredible 56-day stretch by making his fourth win the biggest of them all—the Masters by...
Apr 7, 2022 5:41 PM CDT
Woods Plays Again at Augusta
Star posts 71 in return to Masters
- Tiger Woods had some good moments, some unlucky outcomes and a couple of blunders Thursday in his opening round of the Masters. Given what he's gone through over the last past year or so, he surely wasn’t going to complain. His day at Georgia's Augusta National was...
Golf's New No. 1 Has
Snuck Up on Everyone
Mar 29, 2022 12:57 PM CDT
Golf's New No. 1 Has Snuck Up on Everyone
Scottie Scheffler was ranked No. 824 just 2 years ago
- There's a new No. 1 in the world of golf this week, but don't be surprised if you haven't heard the name Scottie Scheffler before. The 25-year-old has caught much of the golfing world by surprise as well. Reuters points out the astonishing stat that Scheffler has...
Cynics Scoff at
Mar 29, 2022 9:10 AM CDT
Trump Issues Statement After Cynics Scoff at His Hole-in-One
'I won't tell you who won because I am a very modest individual ... I don't like people who brag!'
- If you've been wondering how former President Trump's golf game has been going since he left the White House, don't fret—he's apparently doing just fine, according to his own most recent report from the green. On Saturday, Tim Swain, a Republican running for a seat...
Mar 18, 2022 2:22 PM CDT
Video Captures Golfer's Wild Round
Charl Schwartzel hurls a club in frustration, later launches a memorable shot
- Birdie, birdie, triple-bogey, par, bogey, eagle. That as, Golfweek notes, was the result of a particularly interesting six-hole stretch for golfer Charl Schwartzel Thursday at the Valspar Championship in Florida. But only the video can truly convey things. It shows a frustrated Schwartzel throwing his club after a lousy drive...
All Over Died
Mar 17, 2022 8:40 AM CDT
Students From All Over Died Together Pursuing Their Passion
University of the Southwest community, family remember golfers, coach after devastating accident
- Laci Stone had a special request for her mom. The 18-year-old wanted to get tiny matching heart tattoos before leaving her Texas hometown and returning to New Mexico to finish out her freshman year at the University of the Southwest. She begged her mother, and now Chelsi Stone is glad...
'Tragic' Crash in Texas Kills
College Golfers, Coach
Mar 16, 2022 9:04 AM CDT
'Tragic' Crash in Texas Kills College Golfers, Coach
Van carrying men's and women's golf teams collided with a truck late Tuesday
- College students and their coach are among several people who have died following a collision between a truck and a vehicle carrying the University of the Southwest men's and women's golf teams. The teams were returning from a tournament at West Texas' Midland College, about 100 miles southeast...
After Barely Playing,
Tiger Woods Wins
$8M Golf Prize
Mar 3, 2022 10:45 AM CST
After Barely Playing, Tiger Woods Wins $8M Golf Prize
He's the first winner of the Player Impact Program
- Last year wasn't exactly a banner year for Tiger Woods' golfing career—he spent much of 2021 learning to walk again after a February rollover crash mangled his right leg so badly that doctors considered amputation. His only tournament of the year was the PNC Championship exhibition father/son challenge...
Feb 23, 2022 1:20 AM CST
Phil Mickelson Apologizes After Saudi League Comments
Pro golfer said he would consider playing for Saudi Arabia despite its record on human rights
Phil Mickelson is sorry. In a tweeted statement Tuesday, the golfer apologized for the "reckless" comments that came out last week, and insisted he has always had the best interests of golf, his peers, his sponsors, and fans of the sport at heart. "There is the problem...
A 'True Pioneer' in Golf Is Dead
Nov 29, 2021 12:35 PM CST
A 'True Pioneer' in Golf Is Dead
Lee Elder was the first Black golfer to play Masters
- Lee Elder, who broke down racial barriers as the first Black golfer to play in the Masters and paved the way for Tiger Woods and others to follow, has died at the age of 87. The PGA Tour announced Elder’s death, which was first reported Monday by Debert Cook...
'Medical Incident' on Course
Sep 24, 2021 10:05 AM CDT
Star Suffers 'Medical Incident' on Course
Tom Felton taken to hospital after collapsing during celebrity golf match
- Actor and musician Tom Felton was taken to a Wisconsin hospital Thursday after he collapsed during a celebrity match ahead of the 43rd Ryder Cup. The Brit, who played Draco Malfoy in the
films, "experienced a medical incident on the course" while representing Team Europe, the PGA...
Golf Ball Lands in Most
Unusual Place During Tourney
Aug 21, 2021 7:30 AM CDT
Golf Ball Lands in Most Unusual Place During Tourney
Hideki Matsuyama's shot on the 10th hole during Northern Trust ended up in spectator's shirt
- Some bizarre stuff has been happening on golf courses lately, and an incident Friday at the Northern Trust golf tournament at New Jersey's Liberty National Golf Course continued the streak. CBS Sports reports that Hideki Matsuyama was on the 10th hole during the tourney's second round when he...
She Used to Be
an 'Angry' Golfer.
Now, a Try
Aug 20, 2021 7:23 AM CDT
She Used to Be an 'Angry' Golfer. Now, a Try at History
Hailey Davidson, who wants to be first trans athlete on LPGA tour, is at qualifying event this weekend in Calif.
- Three years after undergoing gender confirmation surgery in 2010, Bobbi Lancaster did what no transgender athlete had done before: At the age of 63, the family physician tried to qualify for the Ladies Professional Golf Association tour. She didn't make it, but she earned international media attention and went...
on a Par 3
Aug 9, 2021 2:40 AM CDT
Pro Golfer Scores 13 on a Par 3
Si Woo Kim hits 5 consecutive balls into the water
- On Sunday at the WGC-FedEx St. Jude Invitational in Memphis, Korean pro golfer Si Woo Kim had a very hard time with the 11th hole. As
explains, golfers must "hit their tee shots over water onto an island green with a small bunker guarding the front edge,"...
Odd Incident at Scottish Open
Puzzles Rory McIlroy
Jul 9, 2021 9:48 AM CDT
Odd Incident at Scottish Open Puzzles Rory McIlroy
Pro golfer looked on as fan swiped club from his bag
- A spectator was escorted from the course at the Scottish Open on Friday after taking a club from Rory McIlroy's bag. The bizarre incident took place on the 10th tee, where McIlroy was waiting to get his second round underway at the Renaissance Club in North Berwick. Widely shared...
Pro Golfer Shot, Killed at Work
at Georgia Country Club
Jul 5, 2021 1:54 AM CDT
Pro Golfer Shot, Killed at Work at Georgia Country Club
2 others found dead at club after Gene Siller was shot
- A pro golfer was shot and killed Saturday in Georgia, and two other men were later found dead at the same location. Gene Siller, 41, a Georgia PGA Section regular, was at work at the Pinetree Country Club in Kennesaw when someone drove a white pickup truck into a sand...
Keeps Wie West
Jun 4, 2021 12:52 PM CDT
Crude Joke by Giuliani Keeps Wie West Motivated
It's part of why she decided not to retire
- Michelle Wie West is no longer the golf phenom who turned pro before the age of 16. She's 31 and a new mom, and after a series of injuries, Wie West was contemplating retirement, writes Karen Crouse in the
New York Times
. But you'll find her golfing this...
World of Golf
a Nasty Feud
May 25, 2021 1:20 PM CDT
World of Golf Appears to Have a Nasty Feud
Brooks Koepka can barely contain his contempt for Bryson DeChambeau in leaked video
- Two days after Phil Mickelson made history at the PGA Championship, the world of golf is chattering about a different matter entirely—a leaked video that exposes what appears to be a nasty, if entertaining, feud between two top young players. You can watch the video here , but be warned...
Phil Mickelson Just
Made Golf History
May 23, 2021 6:16 PM CDT
Phil Mickelson Just Made Golf History
He wins PGA Championship at age 50, oldest player to claim a major
- Phil Mickelson went into the final round of the PGA Championship Sunday with the lead and a chance to make golf history. He did just that, per ESPN . The 50-year-old won the tournament at Ocean Course in South Carolina to become the oldest player to win one of golf's...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Report: Plane Crashed Into the Earth Intentionally
Man Buys Old Virginia Home, Makes 'Heart-Wrenching' Find
Friends Say He Was Exhausted, the Band Says Otherwise
After Girl, 7, Mauled to Death by Dog, 4 Family Members Charged
Retired Colonel Says What Kremlin Doesn't Want to Hear
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.