Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
'Incel' Terrorism Blamed
for Toronto Sword Slaying
May 20, 2020 6:06 PM CDT
'Incel' Terrorism Blamed for Toronto Sword Slaying
Toronto teen is accused of massage-parlor murder
- A teenager accused of stabbing a woman to death at a Toronto massage parlor was charged with terrorism Tuesday after police said they uncovered evidence the attack was inspired by an online community of sexually frustrated men. The 17-year-old was originally charged with first-degree murder and attempted murder Feb. 24...
3 Female Employees of
Truck Stop Stabbed to Death
Apr 8, 2020 4:55 PM CDT
3 Female Employees of Truck Stop Stabbed to Death
It happened Tuesday morning outside of Knoxville, Tennessee
- There are fewer people on America's roads these days, but one of them proved deadly. Police say a 33-year-old North Carolina man stabbed four women at a Tennessee truck stop on Tuesday morning, killing three. All worked at the Pilot Travel Center off I-40 near Knoxville and have been...
Violent Interruption of Morning
Shopping Leaves 2 Dead
Apr 4, 2020 8:45 AM CDT
Violent Interruption of Morning Shopping Leaves 2 Dead
Suspect carries out knife attack in town near Lyon, France, wounding others
- A man wielding a knife attacked residents venturing out to shop in a town under lockdown south of the French city of Lyon Saturday, killing two people and wounding others, prosecutors say. The anti-terrorism prosecutor’s office tells the AP that the attack took place at 11am in a commercial...
Cops: 23 Years Later, Killer
Returns for Victim's Daughter
Mar 26, 2020 9:45 AM CDT
Cops: 23 Years Later, Killer Returns for Victim's Daughter
Travis Lewis is dead along with his latest victim, say deputies
- It was Sept. 10, 1996, when a man entered a home on Arkansas' Horseshoe Lake, fatally shooting two inhabitants, Sally Snowden McKay and her nephew, Lee Baker. More than 23 years later, deputies say the same man returned to kill again. Travis Lewis, paroled in 2018, killed McKay's daughter,...
Man Behind Attack That
Sickened Japan Gets Death
Mar 16, 2020 7:21 AM CDT
Man Behind Attack That Sickened Japan Gets Death
Satoshi Uematsu murdered 19 people in a 2016 stabbing attack outside of Tokyo
- It was an attack that left Japan stunned and sickened in 2016, and the man behind it on Monday was sentenced to death by hanging. In what was at the time the country's biggest mass killing since World War II, then 26-year-old Satoshi Uematsu murdered 19 people at a...
2 Died After
Trying to Stop
Now, a Verdict
Feb 22, 2020 5:30 AM CST
2 Died After Trying to Stop His Slurs. Now, a Verdict
Jeremy Christian convicted of murdering 2 men who tried to stop his 2017 tirade on an Ore. train
- A man accused of fatally stabbing two people who prosecutors say tried to stop his racist tirade against two young black women on a Portland, Ore., commuter train was convicted of murder Friday after an emotional trial that featured testimony from both women and the sole survivor of the attack...
Hits the Hay:
Jan 25, 2020 11:15 AM CST
Alabama Boy Kills Family, Hits the Hay: Police
Landon Hudson Durham, 16, is accused of murder
- Police say an Alabama teen murdered his mother and twin brothers this week and calmly went to sleep, AL.com reports. Landon Hudson Durham, 16, is accused of fatally stabbing Holli Christina Durham, 36, Branson Durham and Baron Durham, both 13, at 3am Tuesday in Munford. Investigators say the suspect...
Stabbing Spree Leaves 8
Injured in Colorado Springs
Jan 13, 2020 9:34 AM CST
Stabbing Spree Leaves 8 Injured in Colorado Springs
Suspect reportedly detained by victims
- Police in Colorado say eight people were stabbed in a string of apparently random attacks overnight in Colorado Springs. All eight were taken to hospitals, and there's no word yet on the severity of their injuries, reports KDVR . The suspect was being held by victims when officers arrived, police...
Family:Things Look 'Dire' for
Victim of Anti-Semitic Attack
Jan 2, 2020 7:02 AM CST
Family:Things Look 'Dire' for Victim of Anti-Semitic Attack
Relatives of 71-year-old Josef Neumann say he likely won't recover after Hanukkah stabbing
- Just one of five Jewish people stabbed at a Hanukkah celebration in upstate New York is still hospitalized, but his family says his condition is "dire" and it doesn't look like he'll recover. "Doctors are not optimistic about his chances to regain consciousness" says a statement...
Arrest Made in Stabbings
Over 'Unwanted Advancement'
Dec 25, 2019 5:00 PM CST
Arrest Made in Stabbings Over 'Unwanted Advancement'
Michael Mosely, 23, was arrested Wednesday
- Two men killed, four people of interest, and nearly four days without an arrest—until now. Authorities arrested 23-year-old Michael Mosely on Wednesday in the fatal stabbings of two men outside a Nashville bar, including the brother of San Francisco 49ers quarterback CJ Beathard, the
reports. An array of...
'Unwanted Advancement' Led
to Death of 49er QB's Brother
Dec 23, 2019 6:17 AM CST
'Unwanted Advancement' Led to Death of 49er QB's Brother
Clayton Beathard, friends reportedly stepped in to help the woman
- Police still have no suspects in the early Saturday stabbing that killed two at a Nashville bar, including the brother of San Francisco 49ers quarterback CJ Beathard , but they have named a person of interest. The
reports police want to question Michael D. Mosley, who they say is one...
NFL Player's Brother
Killed 'Over a Woman'
Dec 22, 2019 5:00 PM CST
NFL Player's Brother Killed 'Over a Woman'
Clayton Beathard was just 22 years old
- The San Francisco 49ers played with aching hearts Saturday after hearing about quarterback CJ Beathard's brother—who had just been killed in Nashville,
reports. Clayton Beathard, 22, was one of two men fatally stabbed outside a bar in what police say was an argument over a woman....
1 Dead, 3 Hurt in
Oregon Stabbing Spree
Dec 19, 2019 12:06 AM CST
1 Dead, 3 Hurt in Oregon Stabbing Spree
Cops say suspect carried out series of carjackings
- A 20-year-old attacker carried out a series of stabbings and carjackings at a suburban Portland shopping center and in a nearby town Wednesday, killing one person and wounding three others before being arrested, authorities say. Police in the city of Beaverton say two people were stabbed inside a Wells Fargo...
Suspect, 13, Kept His Distance
in NYC Stabbing Video
Dec 18, 2019 6:43 AM CST
Suspect, 13, Kept His Distance in NYC Stabbing Video
Boy, 13, still considered a 'threat to public safety'
- Dark and grainy surveillance video shows Barnard College student Tessa Majors struggling with two youths before she collapsed with stab wounds , according to court testimony. Detective Wilfredo Acevedo noted at Tuesday's hearing in Manhattan Family Court, however, that the 13-year-old suspect now in custody was not involved in the...
During School Shooting, Teen
Unlocks Mosque for Students
Dec 6, 2019 9:00 AM CST
During School Shooting, Teen Unlocks Mosque for Students
17-year-old Duaa Ahmad stayed calm, acted quickly during chaos at Wisconsin high school
- When students in an AP English class at a Wisconsin high school heard a gunshot Tuesday and the teacher yelled for the students to go, what followed was a complete state of confusion and chaos. One student, however, knew just what to do as she and her classmates at Oshkosh...
Work of 2 London Victims
Ignites a New Debate
Dec 2, 2019 10:05 AM CST
Work of 2 London Victims Ignites a New Debate
Jack Merritt and Saskia Jones were working with prisoners when they were stabbed
- The two people stabbed to death near London Bridge last week have been identified, and their life stories are adding an unexpected wrinkle to the post-attack debate. Both were Cambridge graduates in their 20s who were attending a forum designed to rehabilitate prisoners. Their attacker was at the same forum—...
Fire Extinguisher, Giant Tusk
Used on London Bridge Suspect
Nov 30, 2019 6:00 AM CST
Fire Extinguisher, Giant Tusk Used on London Bridge Suspect
Deceased attacker IDed as 28-year-old Usman Khan, convicted in 2012 on terrorism charges
- After Friday's stabbing attack at London Bridge that killed two, a name for the also-deceased suspect: Usman Khan, a 28-year-old who'd been convicted in 2012 on terrorism offenses, per CNN . The news outlet reports that Khan, originally hailing from Pakistan, was nabbed in a counterterrorism sweep in London...
Bystanders Tackled Suspect
With Knife on London Bridge
Nov 29, 2019 12:56 PM CST
Bystanders Tackled Suspect With Knife on London Bridge
Cops: He wore fake bomb vest, stabbed 2 people to death before being shot by police
- A man wearing a fake explosive vest stabbed several people in London Friday in what police are treating as a terrorist attack before being tackled by members of the public and then fatally shot by officers on London Bridge, police and the city’s mayor said. The BBC reports that...
Stabbed to Death
Nov 20, 2019 9:25 AM CST
Ex-German President's Son Stabbed to Death During Speech
Richard von Weizsaecker's son Fritz, 59, was killed at hospital where he was a head physician
- The son of former German president Richard von Weizsaecker, one of the country's most popular leaders, was stabbed to death while giving a lecture at a Berlin hospital where he worked as a head physician, police said Wednesday. A 57-year-old German man is in custody after he leaped from...
Cops: After Court Escape,
Drug Suspect Shoots Wife, Self
Nov 7, 2019 12:18 PM CST
Cops: After Court Escape, Drug Suspect Shoots Wife, Self
American and his wife hoped to make it to Cambodia before capture in Thailand, police say
- An American man is accused of stabbing a police officer in order to escape from a Thai court before shooting his wife and himself as authorities closed in. As of Thursday, Bart Allen Helmus and his Thai wife, Sirinapa Wisetrit, were both in serious condition in a hospital’s intensive...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
NPR's Supreme Court Story Takes Another Turn
Family Dies in 'Heartbreaking Tragedy' at Canadian Border
Mitch McConnell Contrasts Black Voters, American Voters
British Doctor Visiting US Shot Dead in Bed
Meat Loaf Dead at 74
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.