Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
a Million Cars
Sep 22, 2022 1:29 PM CDT
Tesla Recalls a Million Cars Over Windows
They might pinch people's fingers when rolling up
- Tesla is recalling nearly 1.1 million vehicles in the US because the windows can pinch a person's fingers when being rolled up. Tesla says in documents posted Thursday by US safety regulators that the automatic window reversal system may not react correctly after detecting an obstruction, per the...
Introducing Capri Sun,
Cleaning Solution Flavor
Aug 16, 2022 8:08 AM CDT
Introducing Capri Sun, Cleaning Solution Flavor
Nearly 6K cases of Wild Cherry being recalled after possible contamination with cleaning solution
- "Respect the pouch" probably doesn't apply if what's inside the pouch is infused with cleaning solution. That's the dilemma Kraft Heinz is currently facing with its Capri Sun drink packs, and why the company has issued a voluntary recall of its fruity beverage popular with kids....
Customers Miffed at Meal
Delivery Brand Over Its Lentils
Jun 20, 2022 12:12 PM CDT
Customers Miffed at Meal Delivery Brand Over Its Lentils
Daily Harvest recalls dish said to cause gastrointestinal issues; some claim a slow response
- Daily Harvest's mission, as seen on its website , is "to make it really easy to eat more fruits + vegetables every day." But some consumers didn't find things easy at all after scarfing down one of the meal-delivery service's lentil-based dishes, and now the company...
92 Tons of Popular
May 28, 2022 6:30 AM CDT
92 Tons of Popular Topping Recalled
Smithfield issues warning on 185K pounds of ready-to-eat bacon bits
- Better check those bacon bits before you sprinkle them on your salad. WKRC reports there's a "massive" recall underway after Smithfield Packaged Meats Corp. warned its ready-to-eat topping may be contaminated with metal. Per a release from the USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service, the 5-pound packages...
Mercedes to Nearly 300K
Owners: Stop Driving
May 12, 2022 2:21 PM CDT
Mercedes to Nearly 300K Owners: Stop Driving
Recall warns that brakes could fail, need work at the dealer
- Mercedes-Benz is telling the owners of more than 292,000 vehicles in the US to stop driving them because of a problem that could cause the brakes to fail. The German automaker is recalling the vehicles and says it will offer free towing so the owners can get them to...
2 Big Recalls From
2 Major Automakers
Apr 2, 2022 10:30 AM CDT
2 Big Recalls From 2 Major Automakers
Ford is pulling back 737K vehicles over braking, oil leaks; GM 681K vehicles for wiper issues
- While it may have been unfortunate timing, Ford's April Fools' Day announcement was the real deal: The auto manufacturer is recalling more than 737,000 vehicles for two separate issues. Per the AP , about 345,000 Ford Escape SUVs (years 2020 through 2022) and the 2021-22 versions of the...
161K Pounds of Peanut Butter
Recalled Due to Steel Fragments
Apr 1, 2022 1:23 AM CDT
161K Pounds of Peanut Butter Recalled Due to Steel Fragments
Skippy issues voluntary recall
- Got a jar of Skippy peanut butter in your pantry? You might want to check the date on the lid, because for some jars, there's a small chance stainless steel fragments from a piece of manufacturing equipment may have made their way into the PB. For that reason, Skippy...
Fitbit Recall Follows
Mar 2, 2022 10:20 AM CST
Fitbit Recall Follows 3rd-Degree Burns
Owners of 1.7 million Ionic smartwatches to get $299 refund
- Be ready to check your Fitbit smartwatch—or your wrist for a burn. Fitbit is recalling 1.7 million smartwatches due to burn risk tied to the overheating of the lithium-ion battery contained inside its Ionic smartwatch, with the model number FB503 on the back, the US Consumer Product Safety...
FDA Updates Baby Formula
Warning After Second Death
Mar 1, 2022 4:26 PM CST
FDA Updates Baby Formula Warning After Second Death
Abbott's Similac, Similac Alimentum, EleCare from Mich. plant tied to deadly bacteria
: The Food and Drug Administration has updated its warning on infant formulas made at a Michigan plant after the death of another child. The FDA warned against using Similac PM 60/40 with lot code 27032K800 on the case and 27032K80 on the can, NPR reports. Manufacturer Abbott said in...
at Family Dollar Site
Lead to Closures, Recall
Feb 22, 2022 7:26 AM CST
'Unacceptable' Visitors at Family Dollar Site Lead to Closures, Recall
Rat infestation at Ark. distribution center forces 400-plus stores to close in South, product recall
- Bad news if you're a regular at Family Dollar and you're in the South: Chances are, a location near you may be shuttered temporarily after a rat infestation at an Arkansas distribution warehouse. The
reports that 404 stores in six states—Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri,...
Feb 16, 2022 8:18 AM CST
San Francisco's Special Election Delivers 'Clear Message'
3 school board members ousted in city's first recall since 1983
- San Francisco residents recalled three members of the city's school board on Tuesday for what critics called misplaced priorities and putting progressive politics over the needs of children during the pandemic. Voters overwhelmingly approved the recall in a special election, according to tallies by the San Francisco Department of...
Recall Affects a Goofy
Feature of Tesla Horns
Feb 13, 2022 8:55 AM CST
Recall Affects a Goofy Feature of Tesla Horns
No more fart sounds or animal noises while the car is in motion
- No longer will Teslas be allowed to emit fart noises or animal sounds while in motion. They can, however, still do so while parked. That, as the
reports, is the upshot of an unusual recall involving the vehicles made by Elon Musk's company. A Tesla "Boombox"...
Feb 9, 2022 12:01 AM CST
Hyundai, Kia Warn 485K Car Owners: Park Outside
Vehicles recalled due to fire risk, even if engines are turned off
- Hyundai and Kia are telling the owners of nearly 485,000 vehicles in the US to park them outdoors because they can catch fire even if the engines have been turned off, the AP reports. The recalls from the two Korean automakers are another in a long string of fire...
Tesla Recalls More Than
Dec 30, 2021 12:52 PM CST
Tesla Recalls More Than 350K Vehicles
Certain Model 3's have a problem with rear camera connection
- Tesla is recalling certain Model 3s because a coaxial cable for its backup camera can become worn and fail to transmit images to the dashboard console. All Model 3s from model years 2017 to 2020 are included in the recall, with as many as 356,309 cars affected, according to...
New Woes on the
P&G Recall Front
Dec 21, 2021 8:45 AM CST
New Woes on the P&G Recall Front
Last month it was aerosol antiperspirants, over benzene; now it's various hair care products
First it was Procter & Gamble's antiperspirants. Now the company is recalling nearly three dozen dry shampoos, dry conditioners, and other hair care products, after "unexpected levels" of benzene, a cancer-causing chemical, were found in them, reports NBC News . In a Friday Food and Drug Administration release...
If You Own One of These
Lounge Chairs, Don't Sit in It
Aug 11, 2021 11:15 AM CDT
If You Own One of These Lounge Chairs, Don't Sit in It
True Living Sling Loungers sold by Dollar General recalled over amputation potential
- If your eyes tend to glaze over when you read about product recalls, this one might get your attention.
reports the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has issued a recall for select True Living Sling Loungers following three confirmed cases of amputations or lacerations in connection with the...
Battery Fires Spark
Electric Car Recall
Jul 24, 2021 5:45 AM CDT
Battery Fires Spark Electric Car Recall
GM issues second recall of its Chevrolet Bolt
- General Motors is recalling some older Chevrolet Bolts for a second time to fix persistent battery problems that can set the electric cars ablaze. Until repairs are done, GM says owners should park the cars outdoors, limit charging to 90% of battery capacity, and not deplete batteries below 70 miles...
Tesla Issues Warning to
285K Chinese Drivers
Jun 27, 2021 9:00 AM CDT
Tesla Issues Warning to 285K Chinese Drivers
Thousands of the electric cars may experience dangerous cruise-control problems
- Tesla has taken steps to avoid further bad press in China, where owners of 285,000 of the electric vehicles have been told they must update their car software in order to fix a potentially dangerous cruise-control issue. Per the
Wall Street Journal
, China's State Administration for Market Regulation...
Fisher-Price Didn't Heed
Rock 'n Play Warnings.
50 Babies Died
Jun 8, 2021 2:03 AM CDT
Fisher-Price Didn't Heed Rock 'n Play Warnings. 50 Babies Died
New report comes to damning conclusion on inclined sleeper
- On the heels of the latest Fisher-Price recall comes a damning report from a congressional oversight committee about the company's 2019 recall of the Rock 'n Play Sleeper . Fisher-Price and parent company Mattel ignored multiple warnings that the product was dangerous, the Committee on Oversight and Reform found...
to Recall by
Jun 4, 2021 4:30 PM CDT
Deaths Lead to Recall by Fisher-Price
Thousands Rock 'n Glide and Soothe 'n Play gliders have been sold in US
- Calling the deaths of four infants heartbreaking, Fisher-Price has announced a recall of its 4-in-1 Rock 'n Glide Soothers. The Consumer Product Safety Commission said the infants were reportedly put in the products on their back, unrestrained, and later were found lying on their stomachs. The children who died...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Shooter's 'Death Note' Calls Out Walmart Workers
Man Solves 15-Year-Old Disneyland Riddle
Missing Cruise Passenger Turns Up Alive in Gulf Next Day
Grammer: Here's Why 'Niles' Won't Be in Frasier Reboot
16-Mile Utah Hike Goes Horribly Wrong for Couple
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.